Weekly weigh in - Fridays

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally hit the 10st mark! Was trying to get there before Xmas but was 10 st 2 lb before, then put on a few extra. So pleased. Now to keep going

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
63.7kg - didn't stay under the ten stone for even a week (I was so excited last week at 139.2lb) :p

Reactions: muzza3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
63.7kg - didn't stay under the ten stone for even a week (I was so excited last week at 139.2lb) :p
Congrats on your loss. Weight fluctuates quite a bit though, I can weigh one day and be 2kg heavier the next day. It’s the ongoing trend that’s important so stay excited! :)

Reactions: 1970clea

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Down to 72.9 kg today so the weight loss seems to have kick-started again, it’s 1.6kg less than last Friday. In total 32.1kg so hitting targets and passing them and setting new targets is really gratifying. I can see the end in sight

Other good news is that my body seems to be slowly adapting to the lower weight with the elasticity of the skin looking better than it was. It’s not going to be perfect but the marks and scars are testament to what I’ve done. So going to learn to accept them with pride

Have to say, when people show their “gym ready” body and perfect unmarked skin after apparently huge weight loss, does make it harder. Guess we all have that though, realism and the press are not always combined!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
73.2kg, trend is down, just a little more heavier than last week but last week was I think exceptional anyway so all good

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I weigh myself at the same time every day and it can fluctuate by 3 lbs daily , I'me not huge and am 5 ft 11 ins tall the heaviest i've ever been was 14 st , at the begining of the pandemic always hovered around 13 st and used the gym 2 -3 times a week but never lost weight , Since lockdown I walk anything from 2 - 8 miles a day and wow my weight has gone down to 11 st 7 lbs , my belly fat has completely gone and I feel great , After lockdown I think I will give up the gym and stick to the walking !

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
72.8kg this morning

Hovering around the 73kg level now plus or minus a bit, pretty much hit target so think I just need to increase my food intake to keep to this level. Going lower I think won't suit my body type

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
17st 1ibs from 17st 4ibs 10 days ago!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
95.5kg loss of .9kg this week. On LCHF and glad to be back on DUK after over 4 years

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I weighed 13 stones 6 pounds when I was weighed two Wednesdays ago by my diabetic nurse. Today I ate two slices of Kingsmill 50/50 bread toasted with warmed up baked beans poured over them. Late afternoon I bought a cheese and red onion sandwich and a vegetable samosa. That is all I have eaten today. I took my Dulaglutide 1.5 mg GLP-1 receptor injection on Wednesday morning. My hbA1c was 53 two Wednesdays ago. I had my Oxford Astra Zenecka first vaccine on Tuesday this week at 5:45 in the evening at my GP

Reactions: Diawara and muzza3