What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a Jack Frost of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of venison steaks with the last of the pea shoots and some green beans came in at 5.1 this am

Wonderful day yesterday - spent a good hour round the park before it got too busy. An RSPCA man was rescuing a swan that had got caught up in some netting that may have been brought down by the flood water last week. We didn’t hang around but when we did another turn past the spot, the swan was stood on one of the islands and the RSPCA man had left.
I have just vented my kimchi and the aroma has spread throughout the kitchen - smells like a good batch - I did add 6 tablespoons of gochugaru (red chilli powder) this time. Yesterday I had a go at fermenting turmeric root - will see.

Quick sketch of a bunch of skinny storks this morning - an idea for some further work. The sparse clouds have a red tinge to them as the sun comes up over the sea so hope that everyone has a good day. Koffy time.

Addendum: Happy Burns Night to those who will be hunting haggis (easier than hunting snarks) and slurping whisky.

View attachment 47045
I really like that group of birds, look forward to some developments on this theme.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for best wishes regarding Mrs MC and our intrepid adventure in the snow. Spent 2 hours clearing the steep bit of our road which had become packed ice by cars skidding and failing to get out, worth it as trip was easy once we were out of our close. mrs MC had opp, very quick and all well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started my next tree watercolour but very wet so only Sky done, needs to dry before trees can be started. Waiting for Mrs MC I did a quick sketch of small trees in the car park.

IMG_4414.JPG IMG_4415.JPG

Will finish Tree Wednesday, Copper Beech in winter coat.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks all for best wishes regarding Mrs MC and our intrepid adventure in the snow. Spent 2 hours clearing the steep bit of our road which had become packed ice by cars skidding and failing to get out, worth it as trip was easy once we were out of our close. mrs MC had opp, very quick and all well.
Glad all okay!
Great tree sketch from car
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

5.1 yesterday :sorry:
and 4.7 today

much nicer day here today, a whole 3 degrees above freezing ;) so we had a pleasant sunny walk around the village today :joyful: lots of icy bits where the snow from yesterday had thawed and frozen overnight though.

Spent a few minutes watching the oystercatchers picking around the frozen seaweed down near the harbour, very natty little outfits they have ;)

No post yesterday, for some reason I find it difficult to post if I'm not pleased with my fbg. I'll try to do better. (I know it's not that high , it's just high for me :bag: ). On the obverse side I don't think I'm quite as cold sensitive at this level. Who knows? it's the mystery of T2D.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Krystyna23040 - good for Archie and big relief for you :joyful:

@dunelm - I love your birds. your big crane is impressive and the line of birds has so many different little characters :joyful: Your group of cranes is a pleasing composition and your brush work is strong :)

@gennepher - I'm so glad your daughter is safe :joyful:
Yesterday's picture has a lovely arching arcade of trees towards the glow of the rising light, and the fluid silvery quality of the light you have managed in today's is impressive :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope you got out and back safely with mrs MC. it looks much worse where you are than in our locality :sorry:

Your chestnut tree is majestic, a very fine tree study :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - a quick study I did whilst we were waiting for mum to collect her pension it's of a chimney on a local bank building, perspective's a bit suspect I think :hilarious:
View attachment 47048

no 2 - this was me trying out the paper in a sketchbook I found to see if it was watercolour paper - aaand no it's not :D don't think it turned out too badly though.
View attachment 47049
Thanks @geefull and for the painting compliments.

It a good study of a chimney. If we worried about perspective all the time, we would never get these impromptu sketches done.

The watercolour turned out well. I paint on all kinds of surfaces that are not officially watercolour ones, and get some interesting effects.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1

I am competent in two languages - English and Google Translate.
I got a reply in Russian from one of my Russian postcrossing friends yesterday saying that's a good idea I'd like to do that. I'm thinking, what was it I suggested? And I am thinking is it a good idea?
So, that is me finding, then trawling through email copies of my messages to and from this person (otherwise there are no actual copies of messages on the actual Postcrossing site). And translating my reply to her in Russian, back to English. Ah, is that what I suggested...

By the way what happened to Babel Fish. I used to prefer that to Google Translate. I used Babel Fish years ago communicating with a Japanese person who wanted to use one of my paintings for a campaign for hope for abused children in Japan. His English was not good enough to explain his concept, so I used Babel Fish and then I understood and checked the links he sent me. Anyway I agreed. And he was very grateful.

Just googled. Babel Fish is extinct. Google Translate destroyed it.

Oh well.

My digital painting for today in Procreate. I was still thinking about that rainy day when the road in front of me appeared to disappear into nothingness....

This painting started out that way with the road disappearing into nothingness, but then it evolved into this...

F9E423B9-3176-42F3-9979-EF1EF53C1C1F.jpeg

This old lady needs a nap now with her aged cat...I have been awake since 1:30 am. It's 5 am now...

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice pic @gennepher

I think for a lot of the tech giants it's engulf and devour competition.

And Google has a track record of promoting an app...and if not happy just ending it.

Found Google translate to work pretty well
Obviously it all moves forward as time passes,.but babble fish provided some "interesting" translations at times..;):hilarious:

*Bike reviews and comments, in Japanese particularly.

Enjoy the sleep.:)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
FBG 6.8 mmo/lt at o700 hrs. Temp 36.5 C.
Continuous dull headache still, despite water and Ibuprofen (just read this won't cure headaches). Thinking about some Co-codamol, just for 48 hours max. Maybe I'm pushing the LCHF diet too hard.

0900 edit: Feeling better after a cooked breakfast (no toast) and regular paracetamol.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.
FBG 6.8 mmo/lt at o700 hrs. Temp 36.5 C.
Continuous dull headache still, despite water and Ibuprofen (just read this won't cure headaches). Thinking about some Co-codamol, just for 48 hours max. Maybe I'm pushing the LCHF diet too hard.
Horrible things those prolonged headaches, I hope you find some relief soon. Take care.

Reactions: True Blue

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1

I got a reply in Russian from one of my Russian postcrossing friends yesterday saying that's a good idea I'd like to do that. I'm thinking, what was it I suggested? And I am thinking is it a good idea?
So, that is me finding, then trawling through email copies of my messages to and from this person (otherwise there are no actual copies of messages on the actual Postcrossing site). And translating my reply to her in Russian, back to English. Ah, is that what I suggested...

By the way what happened to Babel Fish. I used to prefer that to Google Translate. I used Babel Fish years ago communicating with a Japanese person who wanted to use one of my paintings for a campaign for hope for abused children in Japan. His English was not good enough to explain his concept, so I used Babel Fish and then I understood and checked the links he sent me. Anyway I agreed. And he was very grateful.

Oh well.

My digital painting for today in Procreate. I was still thinking about that rainy day when the road in front of me appeared to disappear into nothingness....

This painting started out that way with the road disappearing into nothingness, but then it evolved into this...

View attachment 47057

This old lady needs a nap now with her aged cat...I have been awake since 1:30 am. It's 5 am now...
Those strong contrast colours and bright light define that scary moment very well in your art today. Hope your rest refreshes you.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

A day of more recordings to get done as our now virtual music scene seems to be booming. Still nothing on YouTube yet but who knows what the year will. Ring.

Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I bid you all good morning although some will obviously not be finding it to be so. Wishing it were so does not make it so but I'm hoping it really is the thought that counts. Next slide please. Fbg 4.3 but young Whitty says don't read too much into one reading and it is Swipey after all. Besides, bg monitoring and suitable diet are very necessary but far from sufficient for optimal Ian's. I have not met Hosea in this life but he seems a sound commentator on contemporary life. Perhaps some of the more "Libertarian" right organs of bile should employ him - left leaning fruitcakes are also available. Hug for the headache @True Blue - enough potassium, sodium and magnesium? @gennepher hug for early rising but I "got" today's art. @Muddy Cyclist glad the road clearing achieved such a result.
A request of you clever folks. I am struggling to remember the accurate word to describe the use of apparently contradictory ideas in lines of poetry. I believe this is especially a technique used in Sonnets. (I know the common words for this) I came across the word, googled it and forgot to link to the definition in my enormous source of important links. I was certain it was italicised early on in Malcolm Guite's advent anthology but I can't see for looking. Pip pip old toots.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

5.1 yesterday :sorry:
and 4.7 today

much nicer day here today, a whole 3 degrees above freezing ;) so we had a pleasant sunny walk around the village today :joyful: lots of icy bits where the snow from yesterday had thawed and frozen overnight though.

Spent a few minutes watching the oystercatchers picking around the frozen seaweed down near the harbour, very natty little outfits they have ;)

No post yesterday, for some reason I find it difficult to post if I'm not pleased with my fbg. I'll try to do better. (I know it's not that high , it's just high for me :bag: ). On the obverse side I don't think I'm quite as cold sensitive at this level. Who knows? it's the mystery of T2D.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Krystyna23040 - good for Archie and big relief for you :joyful:

@dunelm - I love your birds. your big crane is impressive and the line of birds has so many different little characters :joyful: Your group of cranes is a pleasing composition and your brush work is strong :)

@gennepher - I'm so glad your daughter is safe :joyful:
Yesterday's picture has a lovely arching arcade of trees towards the glow of the rising light, and the fluid silvery quality of the light you have managed in today's is impressive :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope you got out and back safely with mrs MC. it looks much worse where you are than in our locality :sorry:

Your chestnut tree is majestic, a very fine tree study :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - a quick study I did whilst we were waiting for mum to collect her pension it's of a chimney on a local bank building, perspective's a bit suspect I think :hilarious:
View attachment 47048

no 2 - this was me trying out the paper in a sketchbook I found to see if it was watercolour paper - aaand no it's not :D don't think it turned out too badly though.
View attachment 47049
Thank you @geefull - nice old chimney - modern ones are in decline. Your non-watercolour watercolour turned out very well.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1

Oh well.

View attachment 47057

Google translate - try it with Thai - you get random words plucked from the OED.
I remember David Hockney saying, “what colour is the road”. Great choice of colours in your scary night scene.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another bright and shiny morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Burns Supper and a dram or two came in at 6.1 this am - neeps alors!

My actifry has died - it signed a DNR after 10 years of use and so in it’s 14th year it gave up the ghost. Hope it can be re-cyled - it will go in that bin tomorrow. So, do I revert to the oven (big space to heat for small things) or go all Ninja and hope that it lasts me out?

Pickling yesterday - carrots, onions, French beans, cucumber - then ran out of vinegar. Took a time from Jamie Oliver who suggests changing ingredients in recipes to suit. So, my stuffed aubergine dal curry with herby flatbreads ended up as cheese on toast. Contact me for more cooking tips. Random thought - does ‘Oxford’ and ‘Bosporus’ mean the same thing?

Art today - something with snow - hope everyone has a wonderful pre-bin day. Time for my koffy.

upload_2021-1-26_8-54-32.jpeg