What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Bigtt

Hi Everyone ...been hard at it 6.9 this morning which happens to be my lowest morning reading for days (though I've been able to keep it below 9.0). Still on no carbs and walking 2hrs daily (1hr after breakfast and 1hr after lunch with some pacing around indoors).

Keep it up guys, stay strong ...we will get there!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 er what? - oh yes I remember I had more than a few of my teenage son's chips late last night from a large take-away - just shows when I try to forget occasionally that I have diabetes and stray I am reminded but they were naughty but nice on a cold January night.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 for me
FB_IMG_1611825796805.jpg

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5 this morning after first day of fasting which will continue until tomorrow or even day after depending on how things go. So the readings for next 2 days should be good as well and possibly come down to 4s.

I think it could have been in 4s today as well had it not been for lack of sleep... I was able to sleep only at half past two for apparently no good reason.

Have a great Friday everyone.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A bit late posting today. Fasting blood sugar levels a bit higher today -- first test upon getting up 5.1, tested to confirm 5.4., then 5.5., then 5.3 -- so going with 5.3. Not surprising though, too much food yesterday (though carbs only 12g), no exercise and not enough wine.

@ALtsMagent -- Welcome to the thread.
@the-mental-one and @ianpspurs -- Great fasting levels. Well done.