What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 5.8 by the old method, Swipey higher but coming to the end of his useful life. He was useful to show me my issues lie with my sleep and stress rather than what I usually eat. Some great fbgs here after chips, duck and pancakes, etc. Well done ALL.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 this morning at 6 AM finger prick. Took a finger prick reading again just now and its 4.0 so its all good and readings from libre on xdrip and tomato are consistent with stabilizing around 4.2

62 hours into fasting, feeling tip top and have all intentions to take it till tomorrow but given readings are nearing 3.x I might eat when meter says.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was not a good day and today looks like more of the same.....

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Sadly the inevitable happened.
Well, you know how you got this overnight Spike. And within 24 hours you’ll be back in the 5s. I don’t know what I’m doing to be stuck in the low 6s. Sure, I’m grateful from where I was at 18 months ago.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.4 at 6 AM. Then a warm shower got it to 4.2 but xdrip / tomato was showing a downward trend. I was not feeling dizzy or down at any point during my fasting but I also do not want readings to be lingering in 3 so I just broke my fast at 84 hours mark (8 AM).

Lets see how the readings behave tomorrow morning. Have a lovely Sunday people. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 after Indian t/a so thats fine. @Estragon there is something about “sticky 6s” I find. I went through weeks or more not seeing a 5 despite eating carefully. It was only when I wore my first Libre cgm two weeks ago that I discovered that it wasnt what I was eating but stress and bad sleep causing bad FBG. good luck everyone here is fighting hard.