What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Thanks @ziggy_w . This really is informational indeed. I knew from the literature I have read that LCHF and fasting can show slightly elevated cholesterol levels but the same literature also says that the overall balance between good and bad cholesterol is tilted in favour of good cholesterol which in turn is actually good news specially when combined to the fact that my sugar level is far better controlled now than it has ever been. I will as a result of your tip be better prepared when I go into conversation with DN. She is a very nice person and is generally open to ideas so long as there is positive change which to be honest I am hoping I will have plenty this time round, fingers crossed. :)
This is interesting as my trig is always in the recommended range and my drs are amazed by it yet they still look at my whole cholesterol and always tries to get me to go back on statins I think Dr Assem Malhorta a cardiologist has been trying to get clinical trails on statins but not sure if started etc due to the pandemic.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.2 - I’m not getting the same control during these cold days and broken sleep patterns. I’m learning to be easier on myself and recognise each day just where I’ve come from.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
But must go on, hugs to @Estragon we can only keep trying and you are so right.
Thanks PM! - This time last year I was on a Roller Coaster, now the variations are vastly dampened, and have resulted from additional factors that I KNOW I can and will improve on. Come this afternoon I’ll be back within range. Definitely taking the HUG!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well had a bit of a rough night last night. Woke up to a 6.4 which could have been the poor sleep. maybe over indulged on the brazil nuts the night before or more likely a little bit of stress associated with going for my Covid vaccination this morning. All went well though, painless and apart from an initial tingling, arm not aching. Hope it stays that way. Cheers folks.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 5.8 this morning.

Then at 9.40 AM I had an appointment at surgery for HbA1c and the stress must be getting to me as at the time when my blood sample was being taken xdrip was showing a reading of 7.6. It did come down to 6.9 fairly quickly but has been stuck in 6.x ever since. I even checked with another finger prick test just now, and bizarrely it matched with tomato and xdrip exactly and showed a 6.5.

I guess it was just nerves really and hopefully in next few days when HbA1c results will come they will be good but now all I can do is wait and hope I don't get stressed about it. It frustrates me that this stress business is so out of my control. I don't want to be stressed, and I certainly did not feel stressed when the blood sample was being taken, but blood glucose readings suggest I was.

Have a lovely rest of the day all.

Reactions: DJC3 and philchap1

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today at 9am which I will take as better than the last week or so of two 6.5s and two 8.0s and a 6.9 in there although these were tested after 11am. Not to mention I'm over doing the fruit and other foods I'm finding it hard to get back to better choices some days since Xmas.

So am I.

Rohan

My FBS is usually between 6.5 and 7.2 though mostly well under 7?. I take Metformin 500mg with dinner.My hbaic late January was 54.
Re the FBS readings too high in these circumstances ?
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?