What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

I have a perfectly behaved cat all night and this morning.
He only woke me once, sat on my chest, and patted my left cheek with his paw. I turned on the light to see what he wanted. He went to the edge of the bed with that 'follow me?' look he has, so I got out of bed, and he sat besides the second bowl in the row of cat food bowls (don't ask, but in case you are wondering he has 5 different bowls in a row. One particular food goes into each different bowl. He sat by the second bowl which means cat yoghurt. So I put some down, went to the bathroom, and when I got back he is still sitting by the bowl which is now empty. Seconds? He says.
I am sure that cat has been watching Simon's Cat.
Because I was a very good, very well trained mistress, seeing to his every whim, he let me sleep in until 5:30 am....

And I am allowed unlimited uninterrupted access to my iPad this morning. I don't know I am born.

Here is my painting for today, by my hand only....the inspiration was the moon outside my window which looks like this....

View attachment 47605
Wonderful moonlight sonata at Popeye Mansions

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, that's a great moonlit scene, I hadn't realised that your bungalow was in such a magnificent location and your troublesome neighbours were the family of Downton Abbey :). A wonderful atmospheric piece of art from your fingers.
Thank you very much for the compliments @Muddy Cyclist

I do like to keep that bit quiet...secret locations you know...

Reactions: BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful moonlight sonata at Popeye Mansions
g38032.gif
g20075.gif

g54014.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Long read but sobering look back to a year ago. Interesting point from Owen Patterson about how COVID affects women compared to men and how horse racing is intertwined with politics.

lindisfel

Expert
Long read but sobering look back to a year ago. Interesting point from Owen Patterson about how COVID affects women compared to men and how horse racing is intertwined with politics.
Did you have that rather rude saying your end of the Fen but I guess we Lindisfaran (Lindisfaras) were of the crude branch of the Anglosaxons?
Here goes.. They all pittle in the the same pot! ;)

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
It is somewhat disturbing that Covid 19 is leaving some with T2D.
D.
Covid-19 despite the Ra Ra Ra of the government on how well they're doing is a horrific disease with many unknowns about its lingering effects - physically and of course emotionally.

A few doors down from us, resides a hospital senior consultant with whom we are on a bit more than nodding terms and was telling me whilst it is a respiratory disease, in the main, it can attack all the major structures including the brain, kidneys, liver and yes, the pancreas. He had one patient who left hospital with tinnitus in both ears having had no known audiology issues prior.

Sobering indeed on T2D...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Dont go out if they use the gritters again!
As it turns out, the new steed has 360° cameras, blind spot monitoring and no excuse for kerbing!

At work, they really push you to go electric, then hybrid - so this'll be the last hurrah for a big internal combustion engine. My about to be gone jalopy is a hybrid and when going to overtake, the transmission can be best described as a cardiac inducer!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Great quote. Thanks :)
P.S. After a large breakfast of omelette, grilled bacon, mushrooms, yoghurt and raspberries; lunch of soup and mackerel....2½ hours after eating lunch I was at 5.9 mmol. Something is working...not sure what though....

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good spot, nice little read.

Come the day for them to be judged i think THAT moment is when they vacated responsibilities, and should be facing more serious charges then just incompetence, of which there is much worthy of close examination.

Horton sums it nicely.
...these committees were neither independent enough,. “Our advisers appeared to be utterly ignorant,” he says now.
“They did not look at the evidence, or they did not believe it. It was a case of British exceptionalism
that China didn’t know how to handle a pandemic like this, but we did

Makes us look rather laughable, considering the world around us was taking action and we weren't.
Can't play in Madrid, but can play in Liverpool, were we really so expendable ?

Sad to see the lady took her own life
RiP.

a sobering point i wasn't aware of.
Ongoing research into the virus shows that, while it has a bigger, physical effect on men,
women are disproportionately affected neurologically.
Some it seems have had mini strokes and others, behavioural changes.”

mmhh....120,365+ deaths
5th worst affected country in the world.

and they were
"Doing Our Best "....:banghead:

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I was just sitting here with a gin and diet tonic contemplating the wonders of technology and how things have progressed over the years.

This is of course my favourite...

Happy Saturday from a displaced Scot in Jane Austen's city!
98063564a32b0ecf462fd0f8bff4f8af.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great quote. Thanks :)
P.S. After a large breakfast of omelette, grilled bacon, mushrooms, yoghurt and raspberries; lunch of soup and mackerel....2½ hours after eating lunch I was at 5.9 mmol. Something is working...not sure what though....
Brilliant blood sugar reading. Something is definitely working.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.8 today

my technology is going through a strange patch :hilarious: First my desktop computer lost connection to it's storage drives, I think I must have knocked one of the power leads when I cleaned it's insides the other day :sorry: All fixed now though ;)
and I had to buy a new phone because my existing 10 year old phone is failing and keeps telling me it has 'no space' despite having stripped everything off it I could. New phone needs a different sim card size (Of course it does :sorry: ) First one ordered never arrived, second one arrived today and may take 24 hours to switch my number , big sigh!

Mostly life is fine though :D it's mild and windy again and mr gee and I pruned (or hacked ;)) a big rose bush today and got a walk in too :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - love the owl, very impressive, always a favourite with me, (it used to be my school emblem :)), and I like the delicately rendered foliage. Also a very fine and feisty crow today ;)
Your beach looks lovely if a bit windswept ;)

@SlimLizzy - hugs, not ideal for either of you.

@gennepher - lovely deserted beach painting, the water and reflected colour has worked particularly well. Glad Popeye is cooperating in the creativity :) Fantastic dark and austere house in today's painting, very atmospheric :)

My grandfather could never understand why my 8 year old brother would always win when they played cards until my sister pointed out you could read grandad's cards reflected in his glasses :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - Fantastic oak tree by that stile, just invites you to step up and over the stile into the world and to explore :joyful:

I also like that heathland very much, the sky and the colours you have brought to the heathland are lovely :)
I'm looking forward to the stormy seascapes, I always learn so much from your work.

My tax code has been out every year for the past 4 years, fortunately it's been on the right side and I've got a small refund each time, I'd rather that than an unexpected big bill I think :sorry:

art bit -
just trying a winter scene again based on snowy mountain paintings seen on the net.
upload_2021-2-20_20-53-1.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Will that ipod double up as sporran for your wee groats? :)
Most certainly...and it plays Donald where's yer troosers when the occasion allows ;) Now, that me laugh. Groats!!