Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I'm pretty proud of myself, but amazed. I pigged out today. Take out which has to be guessed at. Add to that a blueberry turnover and a taro donut on the same day, which I have never done.

I never went above 6.8, although I did drop to a 3.6 as my timing was a little off. But 4 hours after my last bolusing I am floating at 5.8 so room for a little bit of a drop still, waiting to see if a shoe drops and I shoot up or drop too much lol......................so many guesses at what everything should be carb wise.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shall try @karen8967 have such exciting things planned....a walk around the block. Because I haven’t done that since yesterday lol! To be fair husband and I are concocting our favourite Chinese for lunch. It is gin and tonic day! I have a bit of sewing to do, 2 episodes of Rebekah Martinson to watch and many more games of Rummikub to play. Rummikub has become our guilty obsession just recently and helps the day plod on enjoyably. Also, am now 2 weeks into my vaccination, so only 1 more week for some decent immunity.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Reactions: Theiriginalmarkw

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i love to play mahjong and solitaire enjoy your walk becca and definately enjoy the chinese and gin;)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well hopefully it's just a visitor, but it has a home with us if it needs it. My hubby does beach clean up with a group every Sat morning and this gal jumped into one of the ladies pick up beds. She was going to take it to the Humane Society but my husband offered to take it home and try to find the owners. Our humane society is decent but not perfect, although this dog is young and friendly so it probably would have got a home. We have always picked up and taken in strays so no biggy.

She seems very well cared for and well behaved so I am really hoping there is someone out there looking for her and she was not just dumped at the beach. We have it posted on the islands sites and tomorrow we will register it with the humane society in case someone is trying to find her. Crossing my fingers, I didn't want a second dog yet, but things happen. She's a Target Spuds McKenzie dog. A Bull Terrier.

upload_2021-2-20_20-10-42.png

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, the last two days have been very busy. I'm part of a toad patrol in my area which operates when the toads migrate across a road into our wood to spawn in the pond there. They only move after dusk, when it's more than 5 degrees and wet or damp. We work in two hour shifts after that till about 10pm, picking them up off the road and taking them about 10 metres into the wood. Luckily I didn't have to arrange the rota but I've been involved in sorting out inducting new patrollers, getting kit for everyone, signage, blah blah. Then yesterday I had two disasters. One is a blocked rainwater downpipe which I haven't managed to fix myself (very long story) and the other was managing to throw my mobile into a sink full of washing up. The mobile is now dead, so I'm off out today to get another.

The good news is that Fiasp seems to like me. My neighbours have a pizza oven in their garden, and offered to deliver me a pizza. Tricky, eh? and cake for pudding, as I'd made one and wanted to try it. Even more tricky. Stayed in the sixes from the time I ate till I went to bed, and stayed steady. Wow!

@Marie 2 your unexpected visitor's a real sweetie! This could be fate....though if she has a loving owner, fingers crossed they're reunited.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and that I don't have any more mishaps!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Even a sloth gets fed up with the pace of life.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well hopefully it's just a visitor, but it has a home with us if it needs it. My hubby does beach clean up with a group every Sat morning and this gal jumped into one of the ladies pick up beds. She was going to take it to the Humane Society but my husband offered to take it home and try to find the owners. Our humane society is decent but not perfect, although this dog is young and friendly so it probably would have got a home. We have always picked up and taken in strays so no biggy.

She seems very well cared for and well behaved so I am really hoping there is someone out there looking for her and she was not just dumped at the beach. We have it posted on the islands sites and tomorrow we will register it with the humane society in case someone is trying to find her. Crossing my fingers, I didn't want a second dog yet, but things happen. She's a Target Spuds McKenzie dog. A Bull Terrier.

View attachment 47615

What a lovely hound.

Has it not been "chipped?" (An electronic "dog tag.) NFC scan the scuff of the neck & a number comes up registered to the owner & the address on a database. Most vets, dog shelters, & possibly the police have scanners. Some highway agency have scanners too.. Unfortunatly, they sometimes need to deal with casualties regarding car collisions?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee I always chip my dogs. And dogs that come from most pounds have a mandatory chip before they are adopted out. They even chip dogs free here right now. But an awful lot of people, especially here it seems like, don't chip their dogs.

But I checked immediately, it's not got a chip, that would have been too easy. I already have 2 people interested in her if she doesn't find her owner. I have to keep her for 30 days I think, I have to check tomorrow. I need to get her spayed before I place her too. I haven't figured out yet if I want to adopt her out. I'm thinking since one of those people seems to really want her and their old dog just died a couple of months ago, that maybe I will let her go to them. I suppose it depends if I get attached, but for me I am still missing my Kai and not caring about adding another dog yet. I just read an article that was talking about losing a pet can be as hard as losing a loved one. I really agree about that.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, back to work today after weeks off of work. The last ten days I have had a sick/fit note from a GP. due to anxiety disorder, everything was getting on top of me.
It was nice seeing the children again, but only 3 today. they seemed even noisier, as it's been very quiet here at home.
Very tired today, as I slept badly last night and kept looking at the clock, so maybe an earlier night tonight might help.

Had my Vaccine on February 8th, a very sore arm for a couple of days and that's was it. Second dose is in April, have any of you had yours yet, mine was much earlier than expected ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I always chip my dogs. And dogs that come from most pounds have a mandatory chip before they are adopted out. They even chip dogs free here right now. But an awful lot of people, especially here it seems like, don't chip their dogs.

But I checked immediately, it's not got a chip, that would have been too easy. I already have 2 people interested in her if she doesn't find her owner. I have to keep her for 30 days I think, I have to check tomorrow. I need to get her spayed before I place her too. I haven't figured out yet if I want to adopt her out. I'm thinking since one of those people seems to really want her and their old dog just died a couple of months ago, that maybe I will let her go to them. I suppose it depends if I get attached, but for me I am still missing my Kai and not caring about adding another dog yet. I just read an article that was talking about losing a pet can be as hard as losing a loved one. I really agree about that.

Looks a bit like a Staffy? If it's well behaved & jumped into one of the trucks, it may be used to traveling in a van or RV?

I lost my dog back last June, (a Cairn.) lol, he used to like jumping in my van & going on adventures. He was chipped & passported, & took trips with us across Europe, back in the day.
If I live closer to you cross the "pond." After the 30 day probation & no owner claim. I would be tempted to give her a home...

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon guys, back to work today after weeks off of work. The last ten days I have had a sick/fit note from a GP. due to anxiety disorder, everything was getting on top of me.
It was nice seeing the children again, but only 3 today. they seemed even noisier, as it's been very quiet here at home.
Very tired today, as I slept badly last night and kept looking at the clock, so maybe an earlier night tonight might help.

Had my Vaccine on February 8th, a very sore arm for a couple of days and that's was it. Second dose is in April, have any of you had yours yet, mine was much earlier than expected ?
I had mine on11/02 robinredbreast i got mine earlier as i do bank work for nhs merseycare which deals with mental health like yourself sore arm for a day or two but that was it x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@karen8967 lol.................I remember sugar measurements, mmol versus mg and then Fahrenheit versus Celsius but I forgot about dates! I read your post at first saying you got it on Nov 2nd, and it's like I didn't think anyone got it that early maybe she meant Jan 2nd and that was still really early..................and then it dawned on me Feb 11th.............

Thanks @Jaylee she would certainly have a good home with you, but yea, logistics aren't there. Not only one pond, but 2 ponds!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967

Thanks @Jaylee she would certainly have a good home with you, but yea, logistics aren't there. Not only one pond, but 2 ponds!

Well, the dog needs a name. (If there is nothing on it's person to suggest one.)
All this talk of "ponds," she now answers to River...?

It's a Doctor who thing... :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I just read an article that was talking about losing a pet can be as hard as losing a loved one. I really agree about that.

I still miss my Pebbles cat so much, it broke my heart when she suddenly died. I have a photo of her on my phone screen and it says,
If love could of saved you, you'd of lived forever <3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had mine on11/02 robinredbreast i got mine earlier as i do bank work for nhs merseycare which deals with mental health like yourself sore arm for a day or two but that was it x

How's work going for you now ?