Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee She did pick up her head when I said River, but that could be something in my voice, I'll try again later. We've been calling her Spuds, very unoriginal and she is not answering to it lol. I was just talking to my husband about we need to find a name she responds too.

@Robinredbreast That is such a wonderful saying, I have always loved it. What a good idea.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee She did pick up her head when I said River, but that could be something in my voice, I'll try again later. We've been calling her Spuds, very unoriginal and she is not answering to it lol. I was just talking to my husband about we need to find a name she responds too.

It's my understanding they work on vocal tone & inflection? So it's trying to find a name that sounds like a word with a positive experience. Other than something that might sound like its assosiated with a bad one..

If the dog was found on a beach? Then a river runs to the sea...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 lol.................I remember sugar measurements, mmol versus mg and then Fahrenheit versus Celsius but I forgot about dates! I read your post at first saying you got it on Nov 2nd, and it's like I didn't think anyone got it that early maybe she meant Jan 2nd and that was still really early..................and then it dawned on me Feb 11th.............

Thanks @Jaylee she would certainly have a good home with you, but yea, logistics aren't there. Not only one pond, but 2 ponds!

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Argan Oil works really well on scars. Almost too well maybe lol. I have been using it on my stomach to make sure I don't scar from my pods. I had a rash of some last year that didn't work well and I wanted to make sure it wasn't me forming scar tissue. I also made sure I use it on my 44 year old larger appendix scar.

In placing my last pod I looked for newer territory by looking for the "dots" from more recent insertions. I found a nice soft spot and placed it. And then for the next 2 hours watched my BG go up. So I changed my pod and realized it was on the end of my appendix scar. Which actually feels like soft skin now. So the argan oil is working really well. Eventually it might even be new territory!

Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, a few busy days here, toad rescue included! @Marie 2 what news on your fostered girl? Has she been claimed yet?

I'm getting on well with Fiasp but I do miss having a half-unit pen. I think you can get them but I was prescribed a pack of pre-filled first to see how I get on with it. If it carries on like this, by the time I've used them up I'll be looking for someone to give me a permanent pen, then I can go back to being more precise about dosing. I hate the thought of wasting insulin, though I'll already be doing that with the Humalog I've still got. Bit of a dilemma really. Do I recall someone talking about a way to send unused insulin to people who have difficulty getting it?

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, a few busy days here, toad rescue included! @Marie 2 what news on your fostered girl? Has she been claimed yet?

I'm getting on well with Fiasp but I do miss having a half-unit pen. I think you can get them but I was prescribed a pack of pre-filled first to see how I get on with it. If it carries on like this, by the time I've used them up I'll be looking for someone to give me a permanent pen, then I can go back to being more precise about dosing. I hate the thought of wasting insulin, though I'll already be doing that with the Humalog I've still got. Bit of a dilemma really. Do I recall someone talking about a way to send unused insulin to people who have difficulty getting it?
hh1 i have echo 1/2 unit pens for my fiasp x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Happy Birthday! @Robinredbreast

I believe it is anyway???? Someone here has the same birthday as me and I think it is you lol.....I’m not doing anything special. My hubby brought me home yellow roses yesterday as I have always loved yellow roses and daffodils. If the sun stays out we might go snorkeling.

@hh1. No one has claimed her, I am losing hope on that now. I’ve picked up many strays over the years and some are so well behaved, I don’t get people.

So I am still trying to figure out whether to keep her. My heart just isn’t in it, but I’m sure I would care given time. But she fits in and my other dog plays with her like crazy.She seems to certainly be trying, she snuggles up right next to one of us every night in bed.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday marie2 and robin redbreast hope you both had a lovely day x
FB_IMG_1611665659033.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my covid vaccine today, the first jab. Had the Oxford vaccine.

Oddly enough, I had a text today from my surgery..

Mine's booked for next Wednesday.. No idea what type of jab it is..

My wife, coincidentally has a "screening thing" in the hospital nearby at the same time? So so we plan to make a date of it...

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy belated birthday @Marie 2 and to @Robinredbreast if it was indeed your birthday.
Up at 5:30am as hubby is going for vaccine at our football stadium very early doors. Letter came yesterday, booked immediately, will all be done less than 24hrs later. Amazing! How lucky we are with the set up in this country. Booked an early one as he has plans this morning to find a gold crest flying around on his local patch.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, belated happy birthday to @Marie 2 and @Robinredbreast!

@Marie 2 she sounds as if she's fallen in love with you, even if it's not working the other way yet. Losing a dog - and suddenly - is devastating. It's a year and eight months since my last one died,and she still has - and always will have - a special place in my heart. Whilst I love my new girl, it took a while to build that bond and I did get her(too) quickly after my last one (who is still my avatar). Tough decision. Keep us posted.