What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That cat woke me at 2:30 and wouldn't take no for an answer. So I was cleaning cats dishes and giving him fresh wet food.

So Fbg when I remembered it at 3am was 6.7

I am wide awake by now, so go outside and look at this Snow moon. You don't need a torch outside, everything is brightly lit up. So, I did a digital painting of it, but it was just a painting, it didn't portray anything special about that moon.

So, I decided to write some postcards instead. Finished them, and go to get my car keys, to go and post them...

No car keys. They have disappeared. Searched everywhere. I recall putting them down on the table when I came in a few days ago, because I had something in my other hand, and I needed to deal with that first.

I gave up looking, and got my spare car key and spare door key. Went out, car was frozen up. Got that cleared and started. Looked at the Snow moon again. Posted postcards. Looked at moon again. Came home. It is now the golden hour for photography. So I enjoy watching the sky for a bit. I just take photos in my mind for a further date.

Come in, cat is sitting on my bed looking at me, "You went out?"
I search my bed. No car keys.

I am frozen by now, very wide awake, make another coffee and get back to bed to get warm.

I still don't like my moon painting. So I try a few effects with it. And this one I liked. I did try another moon on my painting, I altered it so that it was going supernova, which was my mood by now.

But this more delicate effect won.

View attachment 47726

Now to interrogate that cat...
I do like the effect you have achieved like looking through a stained glass window or. frosty window, very effective.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.3 for me today.

A late night to Baked as Mrs MC started playing some folktunesonher Flute and. I picked up my guitar to join her and so the night became Morning as we played through a lot of our favourite pieces, so self inflicted tiredness.

Promised SIL I will join him on a Muddy Bike Ride this morning, early start and it's a wonderful Spring morning here.

Later I hope to sit and enjoy watching our garden rather than working in it.

Take care keep safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another promising start for a day of joint pleasing warmth here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a simple salad dinner came in at 4.9 this am

@Muddy Cyclist - good call with the wave breakers and look forward with interest to seeing darkened seas.
@geefull - thank you for “two for joy” - interesting sculptured treatment from you that works very well.
@gennepher - love that winter moon that for me is seen through a glass darkly or stained glass at least to give a cold crunch to the scene.

Wonderful day yesterday - balmy - and that’s not just me. Out early and a walk down a fairly deserted prom, back up through town, a couple of turns round the park - back in time for tea and medals.
Mr Potato Head has gone all gender neutral - will that mean that there will be less pieces? More pieces? So how do you then distinguish when ordering between the one with the black pork pie hat and moustache and the blond one with the red lips? Good grief, nearly as bad as not being able to read “A Little House on the Prairie”. We have come so far since the ancient Greeks despite the controls of despots but now - humanity, in the west at least, seems doomed to whoever shouts the loudest on social media. Fahrenheit 451? Howl against the moon, tilt at the windmills.

Didn’t feel like art yesterday, suffering from acyrologia - or probably acyrologiaphobia - so just a quick sketch on a 4x4” bit of rice paper. Hope everyone has a spiffingly good Saturday, if not argue with yourself about vaccine rollout in a Tommy Cooper Brigadier and Fritz outfit in a flurry of gender free idiocy. Where’s mi koffy.

upload_2021-2-27_7-40-21.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Beautiful day again in North Cumbria.
Had a good afternoon yesterday when we went down to the Solway and Campfield Marsh RSPB. When we were parked up we had a car to car chat with some birder friends.
The guy is younger than I and a very sick man but not letting anything stop him getting out and planning on getting to Wells birding in the autumn. Great attitude.
Near the marsh pools a male Hen Harrier in good plumage flew past close, great views of a rare breeding bird.

Had a look at my bt emails last night and found I had got the shielding extremely vulnerable letter from NHS.
Not supposed to go out, go to chemist or shops, etc, etc.

Have a good day everyone.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another promising start for a day of joint pleasing warmth here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a simple salad dinner came in at 4.9 this am

@Muddy Cyclist - good call with the wave breakers and look forward with interest to seeing darkened seas.
@geefull - thank you for “two for joy” - interesting sculptured treatment from you that works very well.
@gennepher - love that winter moon that for me is seen through a glass darkly or stained glass at least to give a cold crunch to the scene.

Wonderful day yesterday - balmy - and that’s not just me. Out early and a walk down a fairly deserted prom, back up through town, a couple of turns round the park - back in time for tea and medals.
Mr Potato Head has gone all gender neutral - will that mean that there will be less pieces? More pieces? So how do you then distinguish when ordering between the one with the black pork pie hat and moustache and the blond one with the red lips? Good grief, nearly as bad as not being able to read “A Little House on the Prairie”. We have come so far since the ancient Greeks despite the controls of despots but now - humanity, in the west at least, seems doomed to whoever shouts the loudest on social media. Fahrenheit 451? Howl against the moon, tilt at the windmills.

Didn’t feel like art yesterday, suffering from acyrologia - or probably acyrologiaphobia - so just a quick sketch on a 4x4” bit of rice paper. Hope everyone has a spiffingly good Saturday, if not argue with yourself about vaccine rollout in a Tommy Cooper Brigadier and Fritz outfit in a flurry of gender free idiocy. Where’s mi koffy.

View attachment 47727

Thank you for the painting compliment @dunelm

All your bird paintings are brilliant, and I love this one too.
You are very competent painting birds.
I am watching some finches outside my bedroom...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
A foggy day in Bath town - complete change from yesterday when the sun was literally splitting the sky...

Overnight FBG, with the help of a 30 minute brisk walk with doglet has yielded 5.8mmol...

Breakfast will be a naughty sausage under the grill, bacon the same way, mushrooms and poached eggs...and a cup of rich roast coffee.

Today is a honey do special - we have a typical Bath city centre courtyard garden, so tidying up won't take very long then off on the trike shopping at some locals - butcher, cheesemonger, fishmonger- supporting the little guys. Mrs BRS has decided we need another cat to complement the brood so I am staying out of the argument as I'll lose.

Heard overnight daughter #2 is now a fully qualified pilot on C17 transporters so another one on her way (quite literally).
Per ardua ad astra! Makes me feel very old ;)

Have a super Saturday all.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Beautiful day again in North Cumbria.
Had a good afternoon yesterday when we went down to the Solway and Campfield Marsh RSPB. When we were parked up we had a car to car chat with some birder friends.
The guy is younger than I and a very sick man but not letting anything stop him getting out and planning on getting to Wells birding in the autumn. Great attitude.
Near the marsh pools a male Hen Harrier in good plumage flew past close, great views of a rare breeding bird.

Had a look at my bt emails last night and found I had got the shielding extremely vulnerable letter from NHS.
Not supposed to go out, go to chemist or shops, etc, etc.

Have a good day everyone.
D.
You'll see my ghost in Haltwhistle ;) Although I lived all my formative years in Glasgow, was born in Gretna - about as border straddling as you can get!

Fabulous place to go twitching...

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.45am FBG 5.1
Surprisingly low for a disturbed night with hours spent awake fretting. Not about MrSlim this time, another small unrelated issue which is past and cannot be changed. Useless regrets and guilty feelings keeping me awake. Then Errant decided it was time for breakfast just after 6am. Managed to put him back to bed without waking MrSlim, which was good, however I didn't go back to sleep. Got up with cat at about 7.30. FBG as detailed. Thought DP might have kicked in, was expecting higher result so quite pleased with this.
MrSlim has just informed me we are going for a walk. This entirely scuppered my plans for an exciting day of hand laundry, (sheets) shopping and batch cooking granola, with a few hours of bonfire feeding thrown in.
Errant will not be pleased either. It's a mild spring day, he will be left outside to face the monsters alone (our hosts have four lively children.) With five acres and neighbouring countryside to escape to, am sure he will find himself a peaceful spot.
No ill effects from jab.
Keep/get well, stay safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening overslept and now no time to even suffer from flatulence.

6.7 this morning

Have a great day, be nice to a stranger.

Back tomorrow

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from the physio - miraculously with limbs still intact!
I think regrettably the time has come to retire physio workouts of old and just do my latest rehab exercises - the lovely Alessio did point out that the previous physios were dealing with whatever issues I had at the time and with more limbs misbehaving... and to be honest it makes sense as doing two lots of physio routines was beginning to get on for 45 mins and then half an hour of cardio...

Been told to put new Swipey on my right arm as the covid jab is more favoured on your non-dom arm...

Right - bacon and eggs beckons before attempting to do some Briwatch work... and then settling down for the Rugby later

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome Saturday. Quite when a 5.2 on Swipey needed divine intervention to rescue the day - weekend? - is unclear but a sad fact of my life for now. So, Pope Francis - good to see he makes it into C of E Lent reflections- my granddaughter "Boo"- Isobelle Alessia is so much nicer - and The Ozark Mountain Daredeveils come to the rescue. God provides in mysterious ways - LC 0 God gazillions - always gonna be 1 sided. Hug for wakefulness @SlimLizzy. Your evening sounds wonderful @Muddy Cyclist. Glad the arm is improving and great art @geefull. Hug for lost keys and cold start @gennepher - art is a gift for you thanks for sharing. @dunelm I sense a gamut of emotions hidden in that post hug for the despair at man's inhumanity to man and every other self definition and thanks for the art. @lindisfel I would imagine your daughter and The Duchess hang their heads in despair at such a "cavalier" approach. @BRSBRI you must be so proud of both daughters.
5.0 @ 10.07 - something is wrong there after tea and minimal stepage.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Welcome Saturday. Quite when a 5.2 on Swipey needed divine intervention to rescue the day - weekend? - is unclear but a sad fact of my life for now. So, Pope Francis - good to see he makes it into C of E Lent reflections- my granddaughter "Boo"- Isobelle Alessia is so much nicer - and The Ozark Mountain Daredeveils come to the rescue. God provides in mysterious ways - LC 0 God gazillions - always gonna be 1 sided. Hug for wakefulness @SlimLizzy. Your evening sounds wonderful @Muddy Cyclist. Glad the arm is improving and great art @geefull. Hug for lost keys and cold start @gennepher - art is a gift for you thanks for sharing. @dunelm I sense a gamut of emotions hidden in that post hug for the despair at man's inhumanity to man and every other self definition and thanks for the art. @lindisfel I would imagine your daughter and The Duchess hang their heads in despair at such a "cavalier" approach. @BRSBRI you must be so proud of both daughters.
5.0 @ 10.07 - something is wrong there after tea and minimal stepage.

That's a great swipey result overall. Hope all's well. Sun is peeking through the morning clag now...Amazon delivered the wrong stuff. Joys! Grrr.

That's kind of you @ianpspurs - they've both done well. Very different - one was in the St John's Ambulance helping where she could and working in pharmacies to make pennies; the other even aged 5 was staring at the skies, plane spotting and flying solo before she could drive! I'm glad in retrospect she went to the RAF and not airlines given Covid's impact.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Reactions: lindisfel

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Ouch, that's a long wait, particularly given the tone of your recent posts re Mr Slim.

While no where near ideal, perhaps one glimmering light, is hopefully, now you know, the worry can settle in a calmer place, for a while at least.

Presume time frame covid related.

Hoping a gap comes earlier & some method of managing any pain/ discomfort/issues until then, was suggested.

Take care, both of you.

@jjraak @geefull Thank you for kind and sympathetic comments.
MrSlims symptoms have reduced thankfully and as you say, knowing what the problem is does help.
Time frame however has always been a lottery for this type of operation, with long waiting periods in most health authorities, even before covid.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher - it may be, if we are unlucky, that traveling to Scotland may soon be classed as “abroad”.
I hope not because my daughter is in Edinburgh uni and I haven't been able to see her for months :( I might have to dodge border control and hope I don't get tasered :nailbiting:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I hope not because my daughter is in Edinburgh uni and I haven't been able to see her for months :( I might have to dodge border control and hope I don't get tasered :nailbiting:
Don't you worry. Just sing Flower of Scotland at full throttle - that's a passport right here ;)
Hope your daughter is doing fine