What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy first thing so went for a two meal day
Lunch omelette cooked a slice of bacon to release fat which I then used to cook omelette with strips of the bacon and two eggs in omelette
Mid pm black tea and four squares of 100% choc with orange oil
Dinner venison burger topped with cheese served in lc hm roll and a mixed salad plus small glass of dry red wine followed by DGF brownie and yoghurt
I’ve got a new DGF order on the way I’m trying out their new mixed spring boxes hoping arrives tomorrow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed a 25hr fast accidentally. As I didn’t have dinner yesterday and no time for breakfast today.
Lunch was h/m scotch egg, a couple of l/c seedy crackers and small bit of cheddar then 2 strawberries and cream.
Strawberries a mistake - they were v sweet and made me want more sweet stuff. Had 1 DGF cake. Not ordering any more ( I do still have a freezer full)
Dinner was the Iceland spicy wild red shrimp thing with buttered greens and some sautéed posh mushrooms. Another DGF cake. Telling myself that the sooner I finish them, the sooner I can move on to ‘clean’ eating and try to retrain my sweet tooth.
Hugs @Antje77 what a tough decision but well done for putting Maartje’s welfare first.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
L: 1 chicken thigh and sort of waffle, didn't have enough mozzerella or almond so mixed what I had with 2 eggs. Very filling.
D: salmon and broccoli bake. As am trying out libre I topped it with potato slices and loads of cheese. Very tasty

Mid afternoon made some peanut bitter cookies to freeze as my "treat if I needed it" stash, but not impressed. Its a Caldesi recipe that uses a date pureed with water as the sweetener but it doesn't come through in the finished product. I only made half the amount and am glad thats all. Might be nicer with cream or yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 a packet of coconut bites
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: sweet and sour chicken with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slice slc bread buttered with grated cheese & tomato. 1 DGF Raspberry Bakewell Blondie. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 slc rolls filled with burgers, topped with mushrooms, onions, a little burger relish and cheese. 1 DGF Notella Blondie with double cream drizzled over the top. Large glass of pepsi max

@shelley262 My Spring Blondies arrived on Tuesday (quick delivery this time) so I am getting through them this week - they are lovely - I don't like them as much once they have been frozen - I prefer them fresh ... well, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
St. Patrick's Day treat so takeaway night. Has a Chicken Satay with rice and chips. Was absolutely stuffed. 2 hour PP was 5.6 so all good. Sometimes I think my diabetes takes the day off.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch : cheese and chorizo roll ups, quarter of a matthesons smoked sausage and a sugar free jelly. Not enjoying trying to make packed lunches.

Dinner: Air fryer pork belly with G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce, cauliflower mash, halloumi and a mini corn on the cob.

A Fibre one caramel protein bar and the last Montezuma truffle. Quite a lot of carbs at dinner for me, but trying to rest of the libre and what I can and can’t eat.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hugs @Antje77 what a tough decision but well done for putting Maartje’s welfare first.
Thank you, and thanks to all the others who've sent me hugs and friendly messages!
At the moment Maartje is still very scared in his new house, doesn't want to eat and is still hiding beneath the closet. Fingers crossed he'll come out tonight when everything's quiet to eat and use the litter box.

And, as promised, my meatza!
Very tasty and good looking, which you can't see because of the flash on my camera, those are about the worst food pictures I ever made :D
I used 300 grams of minced meat so I figured my meatza will be good for 3 days with a side salad.
I also found out I make a very tasty pizza sauce, will definitely freeze the leftovers to use in a future dish! A nice surprise, as I'd never made pizza of whatever kind before :)

162077970_10223109823848320_1282448254850086489_o.jpg

162297728_10223109822728292_6144556892913017408_o.jpg

And a picture of poor Maartje in his new house :(
161709256_3743578429061951_6968002962191023788_o.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its only been a few days. He might well take longer but that's good because he's more likely to not run away. They do know not to let him outside for at least a month, I hope?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too am using the free trial libre to test a wider range of foods. Tonight it didn't like either the one small boiled potato or the eighth of my hubbys pear frangipane tart I tried. :(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Its only been a few days. He might well take longer but that's good because he's more likely to not run away. They do know not to let him outside for at least a month, I hope?
Yes, they do!
And I had him chipped as well last friday, in case of something unexpected happening :)
He only moved yesterday afternoon, so you're completely right, he'll very likely settle just fine!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, and thanks to all the others who've sent me hugs and friendly messages!
At the moment Maartje is still very scared in his new house, doesn't want to eat and is still hiding beneath the closet. Fingers crossed he'll come out tonight when everything's quiet to eat and use the litter box.

And, as promised, my meatza!
Very tasty and good looking, which you can't see because of the flash on my camera, those are about the worst food pictures I ever made :D
I used 300 grams of minced meat so I figured my meatza will be good for 3 days with a side salad.
I also found out I make a very tasty pizza sauce, will definitely freeze the leftovers to use in a future dish! A nice surprise, as I'd never made pizza of whatever kind before :)

162077970_10223109823848320_1282448254850086489_o.jpg

162297728_10223109822728292_6144556892913017408_o.jpg

161709256_3743578429061951_6968002962191023788_o.jpg

I think the meatza looks great and you have great self control if it’ll last you 3 days!
I can’t see the photo of Maartje, but it’s nice that the new owner is keeping you up to date with photos. I’m sure they’ll become best pals.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quiet here today so far today!
Breakfast one half home made low carb roll with one boiled egg
Lunch half a tin of tuna mixed with a bit of yoghurt on a small green salad served with other half of the roll followed by two home made low carb truffles
Dinner pork,mushrooms, asparagus and celeriac chips with glass of dry white wine followed by DGF raspberry bakewell with yogurt.
I’ve got a few very busy caring weeks ahead including a demanding work week completing projects before my retirement at end of this month and a trip to mums in yorks in just over a weeks time so will be AWOL - probably till after Easter. I will read thread ,when can, to keep up so will be thinking of you all but probably not recording. On a good note today my new DGF stocks arrived and are safely stashed in the freezer - should keep us going until after Easter. Hope all you guys have a good low carb Easter I’ve made some more low carb truffles for the freezer from my 100% choc stash so I’m prepared! I’m also hoping to bake a new stash of low carb rolls to fill the freezer. Thinking of you all.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - 2 slices of SLC bread with Boursin, half a matthesons sausage.

Dinner - was supposed to be a gammon joint from the butchers with cauliflower cheese, cabbage and a corn on the cob. Gammon was so salty it was inedible, so might need to have something else later if I’m hungry after my veggie dinner.

2 Squares of Green and Blacks and a cuppa.

The corn hasn’t spiked me which is great. Haven’t been bold enough to try a tottie yet!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: tomato, mushroom and cheese omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L : hm lc soda breaded with 30g Blacksticks Blue and 30g Old Amsterdam. 1 tablespoon coleslaw and 30g cucumber. Bg has been fine on that but have had a migrainy head all afternoon

D: frittata with courgettes, broccoli and chorizo. 2 of yesterday's failed peanut butter cookies with cream

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good old bacon and eggs for breakfast again, chicken pie from the pie shop eaten on the run for lunch, pork chops cooked on the GF grill - griddle (is griddled a word in cooking?) veggies and gravy.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch: h/m burger topped with fried egg and half an avocado.
Couple of mugs of cocoa tea in place of pudding. Hit the pudding tummy spot.
D: leftover beef and cabbage curry with a DD keto naan followed by DGF brownie.
Oh and half a jar of olives while preparing dinner.
@shelley262 wishing you all the best for your busy few weeks ahead. It’ll make retirement seem even sweeter when it comes.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 ham roll-ups filled with coleslaw. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Gammon steak with fried egg & grated cheese on top. SF jelly & double cream

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak, mushrooms tomato and eggs for breakfast, low carb wraps with cold meat and salad for filling for lunch, rib roast and veggies, gravy for dinner.