What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no ,59 posts to read. Had another really hectic day yesterday and didn't get a chance to relax and read the posts. Hopefully between the dog walk and the first classes starting at 9.30am I will get the chance to catch up.

5.3 this morning.

Had to edit this post because predictive text substituted Cornwall for dog walk.

lindisfel

Expert
I see King Saul put his foot in it last night and quickly retracted. I wonder if he wants the really right wings respect or he is just simply inept!

Young David doesn't have far to move and he unerringly speaks his lines without word whiskers but may well become a mailed fist in his little velvet glove when his star rises.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another one of those indecisive starts here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken salad without that Caesar bloke (it’s well past the ides) came in at 5.1 this am

International Bin Day and today the parade is for the magnificent recycling bin together with the paper box and also, but only if you like, the garden bin.
My mother’s car, which had been sat in 2m of flood water in their underground garage has now been officially written off with a surprisingly good write off settlement for such a battered 16 year old car. Cars of such age are supposed to be a bit battered if you want to embrace a rural French lifestyle. One of my sisters, who lives about 40 minutes away from our parents has sold her house and is in the process of moving closer to them - they are getting on a bit and are needing more help to live independently. C’est la guerre.

A bit more blossom today - this is on unsized, single thickness rice paper. I used soy milk as a resist and then a light wash.
Hope the everyone has a wicked whisky Wednesday - unless of course you are Irish. Then it’s whiskey. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 48293
I love this effect @dunelm
Great blossom...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen on this national bin day.
A 5.8 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

I see King Saul put his foot in it last night and quickly retracted. I wonder if he wants the really right wings respect or he is just simply inept!

Young David doesn't have far to move and he unerringly speaks his lines without word whiskers but may well become a mailed fist in his little velvet glove when his star rises.
Being some what uneducated me and me's haven't a clue what you are saying or trying to say @lindisfel please enlighten me and me's, if it helps my shool got more pupils into Pankhurst and Pentonville prisons than we did places of further education, I'm using that phrase because I can't spell university, yours in hope of enlightenment.

Have a great day all and remember all the stay's.

Ps it's also whisky Wednesday.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no ,59 posts to read. Had another really hectic day yesterday and didn't get a chance to relax and read the posts. Hopefully between the dog walk and the first classes starting at 9.30am I will get the chance to catch up.

5.3 this morning.

Had to edit this post because predictive text substituted Cornwall for dog walk.

...and predictive text only alters the correct words you had written in the first place when you press that send button...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good pre-bin day morning in (Little) America to y'all. Swipey showed an almost respectable 4.7 first thing so maybe hay fever is being controlled. Breckland pollen must be one more aspect of life here unsuitable for my delicate constitution. Good news about the value of your mum's car @dunelm. I like blossom but do miss the acres of fruit tree blossom of my youth. The fruit growers were right about EU entry, it did end that as a viable business. Hundreds of acres of protein - peas and beans - in their place now and some orchards just abandoned. You'll never be back from Cornwall for the first class @Krystyna23040. Cryptic post there @lindisfel. To answer your opening question, both - do I win a prize?. Does Dishy play the harp?. Have a good day people if you so self define.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thinks it's the mark of him, the skills of Statesman evades him
all that "of course you're special" to the many mothers, Businesswomen*, etc has probably impaired him.

He forgets its not just one person he's pedalling his version of the truth to, it's the many who may or may not agree.
For one who is so inept at managing to telling the truth in parliament, it's not surprising really.

"Herd mentality" "Take it on the chin" "no one gets left behind"..
mmmh
by my calculations that's 126, 000 dead + 3,000,000 excluded = Inept
and that's BEFORE i even start adding up the rest of his innings

*https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-johnson-cast-her-aside-like-one-night-stand
".... questions over a payment of £126,000 of public money to Arcuri’s businesses and why she was on three overseas trade missions with Johnson, despite not qualifying as a delegate."

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Couldn't sleep last night. I just wasn't tired. My brain was still. No reason why I couldn't sleep. Gave up after an hour and a half of lying quietly and relaxing every part of my body.

So brought a pile of postcards to bed, a hot cuppa, and was sorting postcards. A couple of hours later all postcard sorted, except the last pile. I still wasn't sleepy at 2:30 am. Then cat comes in from the front room where he was getting a decent night's sleep. He scatters the last pile (of unsorted postcards), and says 'sleep', gets under my chin, purrs like a Ferguson tractor engine (from my childhood) and his vibrations send me to sleep.

So I am late to the party this morning...

Digital painting in Procreate began of silver birches I had seen yesterday, but sort of changed as the finger moved and painted on the iPad screen, and this is it...

33CEBAF6-7040-42AC-A4E7-E825C3CDD883.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.3 this morning.

Looks like Google has been listening and we're all going to be doing @BRSBRI 500 MILES..:woot::hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another one of those indecisive starts here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken salad without that Caesar bloke (it’s well past the ides) came in at 5.1 this am

International Bin Day and today the parade is for the magnificent recycling bin together with the paper box and also, but only if you like, the garden bin.
My mother’s car, which had been sat in 2m of flood water in their underground garage has now been officially written off with a surprisingly good write off settlement for such a battered 16 year old car. Cars of such age are supposed to be a bit battered if you want to embrace a rural French lifestyle. One of my sisters, who lives about 40 minutes away from our parents has sold her house and is in the process of moving closer to them - they are getting on a bit and are needing more help to live independently. C’est la guerre.

A bit more blossom today - this is on unsized, single thickness rice paper. I used soy milk as a resist and then a light wash.
Hope the everyone has a wicked whisky Wednesday - unless of course you are Irish. Then it’s whiskey. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 48293

You seem happy so congrats to Mum, on the car settlement
A decent result given all the angst that must have caused.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Couldn't sleep last night. I just wasn't tired. My brain was still. No reason why I couldn't sleep. Gave up after an hour and a half of lying quietly and relaxing every part of my body.

So brought a pile of postcards to bed, a hot cuppa, and was sorting postcards. A couple of hours later all postcard sorted, except the last pile. I still wasn't sleepy at 2:30 am. Then cat comes in from the front room where he was getting a decent night's sleep. He scatters the last pile (of unsorted postcards), and says 'sleep', gets under my chin, purrs like a Ferguson tractor engine (from my childhood) and his vibrations send me to sleep.

So I am late to the party this morning...

Digital painting in Procreate began of silver birches I had seen yesterday, but sort of changed as the finger moved and painted on the iPad screen, and this is it...

View attachment 48294
Another great bit of art morphed out of silver birches - let the fingers do the talking. Purring like a Ferguson tractor eh! My eldest son works at Cummings, making diesel and natural gas engines if Popeye fancies a tune up.

Reactions: BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher - I’m doing a double dribble of the soy today just to see what happens
Soy is multifunctional stuff. You are finding plenty of uses for it...
I look forward to your experimentation...

I am glad your mum got a decent settlement for her car.

Have a good day...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You seem happy so congrats to Mum, on the car settlement
A decent result given all the angst that must have caused.
Thanks @jjraak - happy enough but unable to get over to France is something that I can do nothing about. Unfortunately, when the garage began to flood, my mother was in hospital having a hip replacement and dad - in his mid 90’s didn’t think it was that important to let my sister know - oops!

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another great bit of art morphed out of silver birches - let the fingers do the talking. Purring like a Ferguson tractor eh! My eldest son works at Cummings, making diesel and natural gas engines if Popeye fancies a tune up.

Thank you for the painting compliment :)

Popeye says thanks, but no thanks...meeeooow....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. 14°c and drizzle...ich...
Slept very well and the FBG at 0645 was still elevated at 6.9mmol; 2 hours after dinner last night it was higher than of late but still in the high 5s...stress I am told...

Breakfast was a fortifying grilled bacon, egg and mushroom plateful and a small bucket of coffee...

Off at 0800 - in about an hour for a very full day and won't be back in my pen at the hotel until 1030pm/1100pm...big business day ahead.

Wishing you all Happy Wednesday! :)
Here's for a successful day for our man out East. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 48293
I'm glad you have found a good use for Soy Milk and it worked very well, like that whole piece. When are you going to start bottling it as resist? :)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Oh so true :)
Got 15 mins before next meetings. Here's some autocorrects which really need to be checked ;)

Will catch up later. Absolutely starving - no lunch so might have to eat the pencil shavings ...

Hope all well with all...
Screenshot_20210324-084604.jpg
Screenshot_20210324-083944.jpg
Screenshot_20210324-083903.jpg