What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Hope that things go to plan for you. Fabulous idea adding to the murals - evolving art - or otherwise
Part of the plan didn't work - I forgot to ask them to chop the duck up. Look at this ..

That's what fingers are for ;)

Everything is else is tracking thank you! I hold a fully flexible refundable ticket on Eva Air out to San Francisco, then on BA to Heathrow ...just in case, but I really hope I don't need to do be doing that!

Flagging a bit now, but dinner's perked me up as I've hours of prep to do for tomorrow...

bigduck.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Best wishes for tomorrow @BRSBRI
Thanks! I think with a fair wind and a bucket of duck I'll be ready - and matchsticks for the eyes. Hope all well back in Blighty.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Hope my utterances haven't bored today.

Head down here at 950pm for 2 hours, then bed before the big day tomorrow.

And a funny about the great entrepreneurial folks on this fine wee island.

G'Night all - splendid Thursday afternoon, evening and night to you one and all!

Screenshot_20210325-134631.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So. clocks change over the weekend:woot: Time to bow to the inevitable. I can use low carb so Swipey performs in range, although that device is known to be unreliable. With one exception I can’t make it enjoyable or satiating so I’ll give up on that. It is an open question for me if it is nutritious. The stumbling block in my case is that meat and poultry stripped of normal gravy and sauces are bland and unappetising. The LC swaps are horrible for me. I also don’t like any but a hint of heat from spice - pepper is a no , no. I can cope with cheese, best in sandwiches and salads but I can snack - 30 gms?. I ate eggs aplenty when we had chickens - barely touch them now. The next 7 months will be quite easy, light mornings and nights, shorts and sandals, salad. I may figure some things out by October 31. I hope to be more upbeat in my posts until then. Looking forward to the first no base layer, thermal top, trousers and socks - especially socks, day.:woot:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May I suggest a trade off? Mr K could attend a training course at Lords or Twickers to study the impact of modern sports science on human physique and sporting performance. Essential overnight stays and adequate reflection time must be factored in. Surely the information would be invaluable for some clients so it would be a legitimate business expense?:angelic:
Yes, definitely would be a legitimate business expense and Mr K would really enjoy it.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
No socks PLEASE!

Been in my shorts and trainers, a bit to cool for sandals, Today as it's been so warm in the midlands down side is I have dirty knees from planting stuff out in the beds. :)
2am...just finished all my contractual schtick.

Took a lot longer than expected...

Especially for you @muddycyclist ...

f5620dc9baaf949f5f32a02e303936bd.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Thanks for the poetry link, Hopkins is one of my much liked poets. I can empathise with his dark side of life, I have learnt to control my Black Dog moods, what is hard to explain is how one can enjoy being in them, enjoy the darkness of the mind and the feeling of being miserable. No hugs required as I can recongnise and pull myself out of such moods once I have enjoyed them for awhile.

Strangely Some of my better art pieces come from this dark side of my character.

lindisfel

Expert
Part of the plan didn't work - I forgot to ask them to chop the duck up. Look at this ..

That's what fingers are for ;)

Everything is else is tracking thank you! I hold a fully flexible refundable ticket on Eva Air out to San Francisco, then on BA to Heathrow ...just in case, but I really hope I don't need to do be doing that!

Flagging a bit now, but dinner's perked me up as I've hours of prep to do for tomorrow...

View attachment 48330
That would be a long flight and really confuse the sleep cycle.
I remember being on my own for work in California and I had a break on the peninsular near Inverness at Point Raise. It really impacted me that my family were a continent and ocean away whichever way I travelled.
D.

Reactions: BRSBRI

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

shopping today instead of yesterday because the Volvo was in the garage getting it's drive coupling fixed. Nice to have it back ;)
Tomorrow we have to take Mum to collect her monthly prescriptions. what a giddy life we lead :D

Still no sign of BT filling in the hole but I expect they will leave it until they are sure the issue is sorted, don't suppose it was popular having half the village without phone or internet ;)
But it's no wonder they had trouble finding the fault if it was under this lot :sorry:
upload_2021-3-25_19-39-16.jpeg

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting transformation, I liked the 'winter' very misty and effective but I also like the way you have changed it and blushed the mist of green over the tree on the right and moved the focus :)

@gennepher - certainly not a wasted effort on your art today even if it changed in midstream, I do like the result, it's quite allegorical with it's clock and lightning strike and the colours are lovely :joyful:

@dunelm - two fine and quite different works today, I like the effect the resist has produced in the first and I love the trees in the centre of the second, two strong landscapes :)

art bit - I've bought some better coloured pencils to try out (better than the £1.50 set I had anyway ;) ) so I shall try having a go with them some at some point.

Today's was inspired by a work by an artist called Bo Fransson

upload_2021-3-25_19-58-58.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.5 today

shopping today instead of yesterday because the Volvo was in the garage getting it's drive coupling fixed. Nice to have it back ;)
Tomorrow we have to take Mum to collect her monthly prescriptions. what a giddy life we lead :D

Still no sign of BT filling in the hole but I expect they will leave it until they are sure the issue is sorted, don't suppose it was popular having half the village without phone or internet ;)
But it's no wonder they had trouble finding the fault if it was under this lot :sorry:
View attachment 48338

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting transformation, I liked the 'winter' very misty and effective but I also like the way you have changed it and blushed the mist of green over the tree on the right and moved the focus :)

@gennepher - certainly not a wasted effort on your art today even if it changed in midstream, I do like the result, it's quite allegorical with it's clock and lightning strike and the colours are lovely :joyful:

@dunelm - two fine and quite different works today, I like the effect the resist has produced in the first and I love the trees in the centre of the second, two strong landscapes :)

art bit - I've bought some better coloured pencils to try out (better than the £1.50 set I had anyway ;) ) so I shall try having a go with them some at some point.

View attachment 48339
Thanks @geefull for the compliments.

Your painting - heady days of summer....beautiful...

Reactions: BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

My digital painting for today.
I found something I had begun in ZenBrush. A few black lines on a blue background. So I took it into Procreate. Re created it. Came up with this. Learnt a bit of stuff about Procreate again.

Have a good day.

8B185EE9-AC51-4F23-B683-6A10F35A192A.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

View attachment 48338

View attachment 48339
Good news on Volvo. What a great hole in the village all that mud to play in. :)

Thank you for the spread iation of my painting.

I do like your watercolour, a good pastoral scene henan ed by the colours used and gentle washes.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

My digital painting for today.
I found something I had begun in ZenBrush. A few black lines on a blue background. So I took it into Procreate. Re created it. Came up with this. Learnt a bit of stuff about Procreate again.

Have a good day.

View attachment 48340
Always learning, brilliant. The height and sheerness of those cliff faces depicted with a few well placed streaks of light and dark is very well achieved as are the reflections of the moon on the water. Another good skill learnt.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Meal last night was Baked Salmon with Capers, Pepper, Mange-tout, green bean and garlic stir fry, Greek Yogurt after. Before last nights meal BG 4.7 after 5.2 what went on in the night?

Damp but bright here and a day with nothing planned although I have some Handel Music to record and another strange Glee 'My Dear Mistress had a Heart' by Reginald Spofforth, composers name about sums up the music.

Keep safe and face the day with a good spirit.