What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing real exciting for breakfast, same old bacon and eggs, tomatos, mushrooms.
Lunch on the run chicken pie from the pie shop, it had real chicken in it, not chicken flavoured tripe form where I got a pie years ago.
Dinner was a bit of bbq with steak sausages, fried onions, corn cobs.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 8.2 FBG 8.8 - down to the cold again! I felt not too bad but it returned before going to bed last night. Thankfully, I was feeling more normal by late morning and BGs returned to more normal levels. Another success this morning, grandson got his long division light bulb moment and is now quite chuffed that he can remember/follow the order thanks to the Dirty Monkeys mnemonic.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Black tea. Was off to brother's after dropping grandson home and because I felt normal again.
D. Smoked sausage with my last broccoli/cauliflower souffle (need to restock) and 3 baby beets. 2 squares 85%.

Saturday bed 6.9 FBG 6.7. Son decided a trip to Costco was needed. Bad mistake! Journey out was OK but we wondered where the traffic was coming from. Jacknifed lorries blocking the City Bypass in the opposite direction. After Costco, decided to shop at Sainsbury's next door as "surely" the Bypass would be clear? No such luck - stuck for over 1 hr as there was a diesel spillage as well!
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea (thankfully before going out)
L. No chance - sitting in the car.
D. Late afternoon I had a SLC sandwich with some salmon mousse and the remains of a prawn cocktail. Later, 3 chicken drumsticks, 2 Dairylea triangles and a warm hot cross bun with melting butter!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday - today bed 6.7 FBG 6. Only nipped out for a short trip today to restock my broccoli/cauliflower souffle things and finish getting Easter Eggs. Brother's other daughter and her family are arriving on Thursday so it will be nice for him to have his granddaughter staying. I was under orders just to buy little eggs for the youngsters. Another big step for grandson today. He walked to the farm shop to buy an ice cream. It's not too far from his house but, for a boy who was scared to leave the house just a few weeks ago it's huge progress.
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast one with salmon mousse; one with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. Roast leg of lamb. Currently cooking away with it's sensors in that Hubby bought me. I have the receiver in the lounge with me so it will let me know when it hits medium rare. Hubby wants roasties (1 make sneak a 1/2) but I have spiced cauliflower to put in plus lamb is sitting on a mix of peppers, courgettes, onion, broccoli and squash roasting with it. I will have a hot cross bun with butter later. Usual campari and soda.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 5 Brazil nuts then a walk in a very cold blustery wind.
L: mushrooms and bacon. 2 large teaspoons ff greek (back to lidls that has cream added, so lush)
D: pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms and wrapped in bacon. Asparagus, green beans and broccoli.
Half a nut bar
1 glass malbec

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: roast chicken, broccoli, green beans, a tiny roast potato and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, brie, parma ham and tomato salad, strawberries and cream (again)
Dinner, mediterranean chicken and half a mini ciabatta roll, buttered.
Snacks, fibre one popcorn snack bar, starbucks mocha Instant.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, some Divine 95% chocolate
Trying a packet of The Curators Pork Puffs, smokey bacon flavour later on...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep forgetting to post. Today I had breakfast of scrambled eggs and kimchi.
Lunchtime snack of 30g Brazil nuts and a spoonful of cream cheese - not a very gourmet meal!
Dinner https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/cuban-roast-pork-lechon-asado meltingly delicious. Cauli cheese and green beans with buttered flaked almonds. Strawberries and cream later and a few glasses of wine during.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausage and eggs, small amount of baked beans for breakfast.
Lunch was prawn and mixed salad, prawns were were not real flash as they were frozen when we them bought to try.
Corned beef, green veggies, low carb potatoes cooked in the slow cooker with the silverside for dinner.

zWlRwWJ.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like my fried eggs with a runny yolk but also with the cheese properly melted. Which can be hard to achieve.
Lightbulb moment: If I fry the egg on top of the cheese I should get the same effect as with the forgotten crispy cheese crusted omelet.
It worked, it was delicious, and I'm trying to decide if I'm feeling smug for thinking of this, or thick for not thinking of it before :D

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Bit behind with posting not sure when last posted but some of my food that I can remember

Breakfast spelt bread that I made using a Laucke bread mix I brought last year and finally made it.
Breakfast a slice of spelt bread with ricotta cheese and coffee

Mowed my lawn and was exhausted so
Dinner made a shake using protein powder and blackberries and strawberries

Yesterday
Frenchtoast made using slice Spelt bread and dipped in egg and cream then pan fried in butter teaspoon maple sryup and coffee

Dinner at mums place my sister made dinner had a spoon of fried rice and a 2 soya sauce sweet glaze chicken wings and also ate a cornetto ice cream it was forced on me it is hard say no with my family sometimes.

Today
Breakfast made low carb waffles had one with butter, sime thicken cream and blackberries and strawberries and teaspoon of maple syrup and coffee

Had a splinting headache after mowing the front yard remainder of my lawn and upper back pain so had half glass of unsweetened cranberry juice with sparkling probiotic no sugar water. And took panadol osteo laid down for about an hour which helped as well as a hot shower.

Then got some energy to make Dinner I had pork chop pulled out from freezer on Saturday but hadn't cooked so needed cooking so
Dinner was

A Pork chop with cauliflower potato cheese bake.

Plum and handful of pistachio nuts. And three small chocolate baby Easter eggs.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Max68

Saturday treated myself to some Taste The Difference Cod in batter with a handful of Vivaldi Potatoes chipped. Haven't had fish and chips for ages so blow out treat. Wish I hadn't bothered, nowhere near a chippy's standard! Yesterday bypassed lunch due to the blow out and did myself beef and a handful of carrots slow cooked in a casserole packet sauce with a smidgin of packet mash on the side. Was ok but nothing special. Today poached eggs on two small slices of low carb toast and tonight will have lamb chops with the fine beans I forgot to put in the casserole with some broccoli. Noticing having my mum's old freezer as a second storage in the garage and using the oven more hasn't half walloped the electricity bill up. 37 kw more used this month and it can only be the freezer and oven and what's even more annoying gas usage was the same!. Squeezed everything back into one freezer again!!

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breaking my 18 hour fast right now with some left-over rib cap roast, and some fried bacon, sausage and eggs.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not weird but I'm with you on soggy. Can't beat warm with melting butter.
Ordered more hot cross buns etc. today - DPD - so arriving tomorrow. Also, ordered more DGF - royal mail - so hopefully have them by Thursday as I expect Friday will be a public holiday for the posties ... got the boys large eggs for easter - that's me got myself sorted out treat wise courtesy of SLC/DGF :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch -1 SLC roll filled with egg mayo & tomato. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - prawn cocktail, 3 chicken drumsticks with a little piri piri sauce, sweet of gooey mess - aka peanut butter, 1 square lindtt 90% on top melted in microwave topped with extra thick double cream. 2 brazil nuts and a few cashewts ... stocked up on all my nuts too so well sorted ...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch today was scrambled eggs and kimchi again, my new favourite.
Dinner chicken fajitas in LoDough wrap with sour cream, avocado and tomato salsa and grated cheese. 1 glass white wine.
@Antje77 I think your upside down cheesy egg idea is inspired. I’m going to try this next time I have a fried egg.
@Riva_Roxaban that silverside looks great.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: low carb fish pie with roasted veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, parma ham, avocado, mixed olives and cherry tomatoes with other half of mini ciabatta roll and butter
Dinner, poached egg on slice of hi lo, strawberries and a tiny portion of Judes Flat White Ice cream
Snacks, fibre one popcorn snack bar, starbucks mocha Instant and two:arghh: pip and nut butter cups
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, some Divine 95% chocolate

Hmm, two nights of poor sleep, really affects your food choices and cravings for carbs. All in all not the best day snack wise, but according to nutra check app still under my allowance:rolleyes: (must be down to small portions)
Thumbs up to The Curators Pork Puffs, smokey bacon flavour. Half a small packet is enough for those missing crisps like myself. Best description I can offer is a quaver crossed with a frazzle:joyful:. Looking forward to trying the other varieties. Beginning to wonder what anyone did before Amazon!

Much joy in our house, the SLC order is arriving tomorrow:D