What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 today. Not surprising as I am nearly 60 hours into fasting now but thing is the daily average of readings yesterday was 6 and about 6% of the readings were above 7.6 though nothing above 7.7. So I am assuming that liver dump continued yesterday and so will continue the fast as a minimum to 84 hours unless ofcourse body tells me differently.

Long weekend is 8 hours away. Have a great last day of week everyone. :)

Tannith

BANNED
Average of 4.8 for the past week. I am so glad I did not give in to the pressure from the Anti Weight Loss Brigade who endlessly tried to persuade me to stop my low cal diet and adopt their LCHF one instead. I am still losing a little weight and my fbgs have improved a lot since I started the 1000 cal per day diet.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
6.4 Had to eat a small apple in the middle of the night as I alarmed and my blood sugar was 3.7. Anyhow it was only above 6 for a couple of hours, as I injected insulin when I woke up. Better safe than perfect.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings on Maunday Thursday. Pick one you like. 3.2 @ 4.00 am or 4.7 @6.05 both delivered with a straight face by Swipey. I had no problem @ 3.2 just went back to sleep - dreaming of high protein shakes. Thanks @DJC3 I like the Tedster. Swoon Sisters flaxseed bread rides again then - ticks fibre and protein box.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: annabell1

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
4.8 - lowest ever of a morning. Bit of an eventful night though. Alarm went off at about 3, swiped the Libre it said 3.2, heart thudding and I was in a cold sweat. Double checked using my glucose meter, 3.8. Handful of raisins and got back to something like normal before finally getting back to sleep. Hadn't had much of a dinner last night because I was busy doing stuff. I think that I will have to start being more careful about observing meal times. Time for some toast then off out on my bike. Hope everyone has a lovely day, sun is trying to struggle through here in London.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.7 this morning at 0640.

I think I suffer from DP as if I test around 0430 I am always 5-5.5 any later and it’s 6s for me.

Ran 3.5k by 0730 , in work by 0900 for a 10hour shift.

Weather not quite as appealing as last few days but I am sure we’ll cope.