What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My goodness that lobster+ sounds gorgeous! So does the pork chop with mozzarella, I hadn’t thought of doing that, reckon it’d be a good test for the new airfryer.
It was. The lobsters were not huge which is why I added to it. I coated the mozzarella in a LC crumb. Cut into sticks, dipped in egg then the crumb. Just popped them under the grill.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and goat cheese omelette tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast, different taste to the omelette using goat cheese.
Ham and salad with some kimchi in it low carb who;emeal wraps for lunch.
Pork chops and green veggies, gravy for dinner.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's now in my copy me that account!
Did you use the almond flour? It's ridiculously expensive here so I'm thinking of trying without.
I use ground almonds. I have a mill attachment for my Kenwood but I'd used ground almonds before too.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use ground almonds. I have a mill attachment for my Kenwood but I'd used ground almonds before too.
I was more thinking along the lines of not using almonds at all and only use eggs and crushed pork scratchings. Almonds are expensive as well, and I don't have a kitchen utensil able of grounding almonds.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was more thinking along the lines of not using almonds at all and only use eggs and crushed pork scratchings. Almonds are expensive as well, and I don't have a kitchen utensil able of grounding almonds.
Just need to be careful not to melt the mozzarella totally. What about golden milled flax?

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, chicken and homemade pickled onion sandwich (22 carbs warburtons wholemeal - ran out of SLC rolls.) Fibre one protein bar
Dinner, Home made mediterranean chicken . Strawberries and thick cream.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, a square of green and blacks mint.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11 am 3 eggs scrambled. A little ff greek with chia seeds and blueberries
Mid pm a nut bar
D: 2 97% sausages, cauliflower with cheese, celeriac chips.
1 bite of pear 1 sq 100% montezumas.

Reactions: maglil55 and Tori71

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 slc burger rolls topped with mushrooms, onions, a little burger relish and cheese. 1 DGF strawberries & cream blondie with double cream (not sure if I like this one or not)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Onlinecaroline good luck for your blood tests. Your menus are spot on so I’m sure you’ll have great results.
Today I had black coffee then went out for a walk with Dennis my mini Schnauzer. The hour long walk I’d planned turned into 3 as I got lost and all Cornish lanes look the same so it was difficult to get my bearings.
By the time I got home I was starving. I’d defrosted some brined chicken wings so they went straight into the airfryer. Halloumi chips, salad leaves and coleslaw eaten before chicken was done. 0%Fage yoghurt then a DGF cake swiftly followed before I realised I had actually eaten enough.
Dinner was salmon and cumin roast cauli and spinach with some leftover butter chicken curry sauce I found in the freezer. Glass of white.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1 DGF strawberries & cream blondie with double cream (not sure if I like this one or not)

Maybe not a bad thing. I was quite glad to discover I didn’t really like the St Clements or the coffee walnut varieties. Stops me impulse buying them.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: gammon steak and roasted vegetables followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a lucky day, foodwise.
When cooking yesterday I also made two small tuna melt things in the oven to eat for lunch today. Which of course I only remembered after having my low carb bread lunch.

For my evening meal I filled the other portobello with a nice mixture of fried onion, bell pepper, Turkish sausage and gorgonzola. I made my fathers garlic carrots to go with it. Despite really looking forward to the carrots, they tasted horrible, and not a clue what I did wrong. I then found out I did something wrong with the timer for the oven. The portobello hadn't burnt, but there was not much left of the actual mushroom. Had it with the forgotten tuna melt things reheated in the microwave. The carrots went in the bin.

Lets hope for more enjoyable food tomorrow!

Reactions: annabell1

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Tuesday

Sourdough toast with home-made ricotta cheese.

Did you know if you bring milk and buttermilk together it forms curds and ends up becoming ricotta cheese

Dinner

I can't remember

Wednesday

Bacon and scrambled eggs on buttered sourdough toast black coffee

Dinner slow cooked lamb breast with baked potatoes and rocket salad

Today

Breakfast two slices of toasted buttered sourdough bread with boiled eggs 2 black coffee

Snack 1/2 pink lady apple

Dinner baked chicken wings and potato with tabouleh.

Glass of Ginger beer don't normally drink sugary soft drink but had one tonight with dinner.

1 plum
IMG_20210406_192312_582.jpg
IMG_20210405_125914_866.jpg
IMG_20210405_125914_891.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, chicken and homemade pickled onion sandwich . Fibre one protein bar
Dinner, Chicken fajitas with greek ff yoghurt, grated cheese on a carbzone wrap . Strawberries and home made no carbs lime posset.
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, a square of green and blacks mint.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - 2 slice of SLC bread with butter and corn beef

Dinner - pulled pork with G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce, homemade guacamole, spoonful of yoghurt, cheese and jalapeños.

Predictably a DGF brownie. I cannot get enough of the strawberries and cream flavour it feels like a custard slice.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They've changed bin day here but wasn't expecting to be woken at silly o'clock as well! Used to be 2pm but no longer.
An excuse for breakfast 9f ff greek with seedsand blueberries and a bit of cheese.
Exercise class
Lc soda bread with 30g pate and 30g cream cheese
Then a 2 hour hilly walk
6 pecan nuts
D: gammon with swede, celeriac and carrots and celery aka bottom of the fridge stew.

Bg levels being silly, waking and throughout the day. No reason. Grrr!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and a spoonful of LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: broccoli bolognese followed by a Carb Killa white chocolate cookie choc ice.