What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
6.3 yesterday and flatlined at 6 all day inc LC eating. This morning 7.1 after (too much) bbq meat and salad. This has happened to me before and usually last a few days so very careful management required. @ianpspurs well done on the Yorkie but not on throwing red wine away ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
6.3 yesterday and flatlined at 6 all day inc LC eating. This morning 7.1 after (too much) bbq meat and salad. This has happened to me before and usually last a few days so very careful management required. @ianpspurs well done on the Yorkie but not on throwing red wine away ;)
Red wine will end up in No1 son when life opens up. He lives 5 mins walk away. Bit cold for BBQs IMHO. I assume you will be outraged at potentially binning 2 ribs of beef from the joint!
Yorkie:
75 gms keto flour
5 liquid egg whites
300 mls almond milk
3 eggs
Cooked in the beef fat.
I wouldn't worry about me not having enough wine. Another 19 bottles found Saturday.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is everyone having a cook-in with beef and Malbec?
I am confused about the ingredients @ianpspurs, there's no meat
I've just been reading through some of the postings and rather liked @mojo37 's comment.
Madame is at the same stinky level.
There was a very large joint - ribs of beef (2 still left) - but red meat didn't spoil the veggies for me;). Ended up with Tempranillo as the Malbec is too good to pour away (I checked Laithwaites website as it was a present). Julie and 91 yo MIL had a different bottle.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Red wine will end up in No1 son when life opens up. He lives 5 mins walk away. Bit cold for BBQs IMHO. I assume you will be outraged at potentially binning 2 ribs of beef from the joint!
Yorkie:
75 gms keto flour
5 liquid egg whites
300 mls almond milk
3 eggs
Cooked in the beef fat.
I wouldn't worry about me not having enough wine. Another 19 bottles found Saturday.
Thanks for that so all’s well that ends well! The meat was cooked by No 1 son on bbq but was hastily transferred to the warming drawer and consumed indoors. No rules broken No 1 son repatriated with us due to new job. I have been known to freeze leftover red wine (very) occasionally to use in other dishes.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never mind the sticky 6's I seemed to be stuck in the stinky 9's ...9.1 this am :rolleyes:

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that so all’s well that ends well! The meat was cooked by No 1 son on bbq but was hastily transferred to the warming drawer and consumed indoors. No rules broken No 1 son repatriated with us due to new job. I have been known to freeze leftover red wine (very) occasionally to use in other dishes.
Didn't know you could freeze wine - good to know. Thanks.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Indulged in Pork and veg yesterday for lunch so a lot more carbs and cals although I only had a keto shake for supper so hoped it might have evened itself out. Back on the wagon today, although there is still half a pork joint with crackling in the fridge I'm sure its calling my name.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1. Beef and Malbec for dinner yesterday evening.
What’s all this about left over wine?! Never heard of that before. ;)

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
OK, three hours after BBQ with potatoes-salad and Ice cream for afters: 4.9 ! What!? Yeah, the morning is another story. ;)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Been a bit busy with work and pulled a couple of all-nighters to get the last of it done. It feels really good not to have to look at this mountain of paper waiting to get done. Yeah!

Fbg on Sunday 5.2 and yesterday 4.8.