What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Estragon I can relate to the frustration but like @Ryhia says we need to keep reminding ourselves of how much worse things were... at least that is what keeps me going otherwise the thoughts of "why bother" start playing tricks on my mind too.
Sure, my “why bother” reaction is unfair of me, on myself. However, getting these stuck, depressing results makes me want to find an alternative “getting through” strategy- presently it’s only been coming here, I need something “other”.

Tannith

BANNED
This week's average 5.36. Up from average 4.94 last week. Not pleased, although at least it hasn't quite hit prediabetc range again yet. No end in sight to the low cal diet just yet.

Reactions: karen8967

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This week's average 5.36. Up from average 4.94 last week. Not pleased, although at least it hasn't quite hit prediabetc range again yet. No end in sight to the low cal diet just yet.

Am I missing something here ? Blood glucose limits were once set at 4-6 mmoles/l so that 5.0 mmoles/l would be bang in the middle. Even though the goal posts were shifted a bit by some to 4-5.55millimoles/l [or ca70-100 mg/dl] your results are still very good. Why are you not pleased ?

Tannith

BANNED
Am I missing something here ? Blood glucose limits were once set at 4-6 mmoles/l so that 5.0 mmoles/l would be bang in the middle. Even though the goal posts were shifted a bit by some to 4-5.55millimoles/l [or ca70-100 mg/dl] your results are still very good. Why are you not pleased ?
Because they've gone up again and I would prefer them to be going down. 70 to 100 =3.5 to 5.5.That's the "Normal " range. 5.36 is a lot nearer the top of it than I would like. The middle of the normal range is 4.6 - that's what I'm aiming for.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Because they've gone up again and I would prefer them to be going down. 70 to 100 =3.5 to 5.5.That's the "Normal " range. 5.36 is a lot nearer the top of it than I would like. The middle of the normal range is 4.6 - that's what I'm aiming for.

I had understood that we are all different and that each of us has a certain "set point"which is found between the recommended BG limits. For some its at the lower limit and for some its at the higher limit. BG is a very important factor for metabolic health but there are other factors as well. I do wish you well in your quest for your hearts desire of having a FBG of 4.6 mmoles/l.
By the way, 3.5 mmoles/l of glucose equals 63 mg/dl ie 3.5 x180 = 630 mg/l = 63 mg/dl.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 09:00,
which is 3 hours later than normal.....
not a great night of sleep.... or lack of.

Lovely day though. :)

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm really struggling at the moment. This morning it was 13.3. In the last 10days the lowest was 10.1 and the highest was 15.3. I'm really worried about it. I know that I need to be more active but there are limitations due to CABG procedure in last July and a broken ankle at the start of the year. (2020)
I would describe my stress levels as huge due to husband having Alzheimers plus antagonistic texts from my estranged daughter in Australia. She has severe mental health issues and FND. And of course Covid is not helping any of us.
I just don't know where to turn.
Sorry you are having a tough time, @Beelady .
Stress won’t help your BG levels. Can you find a way to reduce that, even for a few minutes a day?
Still keep bees? How fascinating. Is it right that talking to them can be relaxing way to relieve worries, or is that just folklore?
Are your increased levels just recent? What do you normally see?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A hug for what I perceive as misplaced anxiety. With average fasting levels like you have I would be ecstatic.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning post vaccine. Arm was feeling like something is constricting it, that's ok now. I also felt a little queasy yesterday - this happened the last time but I just thought at the time it was unrelated to the vaccine, now I am not so sure. Bloods have been just slightly higher this morning 6.2 at lunchtime but seems to be ok at present - measured 4.9 before supper.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 at 4AM and 4.6 at 5AM. Early start today and am nearly 81 hours into fasting. Still not feeling hungry, weak or bad in anyway so will try to take it to 96 hours.

Thing is yesterday even during fasting past 65 hours there were times when reading went above 7.2 and lingered in 5.x around 72 hour mark.

Atleast its in 4.x now which is where i expect it to be after 80+ hours. So i want to see if this continues during the day or it will shoot up again while in fasting mode.

Have a great Friday everyone. :)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.2 after a very unexpected afternoon yesterday, stuck in a field in Derbyshire , eating emergency rations as it’s all we had.

Lots of paperwork to do now, running later this morning hopefully.

WilliamWindle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Recovery and Relaxation...
this seems quite interesting, maybe you'll get more replies tomorrow morning :)

Just checked and mine was 5.4mmol at 9.30am

Mine usually varies from 5.0-7.5mmol, i like to be around 5-6mmol where possible so i was happy with that this morning :)

Mine was 9.2 (fasting) this morning.

WilliamWindle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Recovery and Relaxation...

My blood sugars were 9.2 this morning (fasting)

Reactions: ianpspurs