What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.8 this morning, it’ll have to do. I don’t think the second vax has had much effect on my BG levels so far. It’s hard to tell though as I never really know what to expect day to day anyway.
@ziggy_w thank you for your kind words. I’m feeling ok now, I’m glad you’ve caught up with work, hope you can take it easy for a while now.
@HeliGary and @CotswoldsBloke congratulations to you both for your terrific HbA1c results.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on the fbg after more carbs @Pasha. 4.7 for me but it is Libre so I'm not silly enough to believe it is real. I find it hard enough to deal with the hunger and tiredness without stabbing and despairing at crazy numbers. Libre and morning weigh ins motivate me - the food is a massive inconvenience. However, diabetic complications would be a bigger inconvenience. Certainly a whole lot less intrusive and inconvenient than the treatment and monitoring for bladder cancer.

Last edited:

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Congratulations on the fbg after more carbs @Pasha. 4.7 for me but it is Libre so I'm not silly enough to believe it is real. I find it hard enough to deal with the hunger and tiredness without stabbing and despairing at crazy numbers. Libre and morning weigh ins motivate me - the food is a massive inconvenience. However, diabetic complications would be a bigger inconvenience. Certainly a whole lot less of an intrusive and inconvenient than the treatment and monitoring for bladder cancer.

Good luck with the "C" treatment and monitoring for your BC. I was given radiation and hormone treatments for PC, now just get monitored and take a few pills a day. Hope that you get there soon and dont suffer too much on the way.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the "C" treatment and monitoring for your BC. I was given radiation and hormone treatments for PC, now just get monitored and take a few pills a day. Hope that you get there soon and dont suffer too much on the way.
Thanks @Pasha. Treatment was nearly 2 years ago and no biggy - hilarious in some ways. I'm now monitored annually - 5-10 mins. This stuff is daily and I don't really have much trust in it - too much like Witchcraft to me. but I've bumbled along for 6 years Glad to hear your PC is under control - must be a relief.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 at 6 AM and 6.6 at 7.50AM.

Report for those interested in my little experiment:
  • Before breaking the fast my reading was 5.1
  • During the day it went to 8 and it stayed above 7.6 for about an hour. This was between 10.15 to 11.15.
  • I broke fast at 96 hrs by eating 40gms of extra mature cheddar cheese, 100gms of air fried celeriac, three almond Flour pancakes and 2 chocolate keto bars. So net carb intake was well below 10gms.
  • 2 hours after eating this my reading was 5.7.
  • Before sleeping at around 23.30 reading was 6.1.
I genuinely have no idea what needs to be done to bring down these numbers. If eating what little I ate after 4 days of not eating anything is failing I guess I will just have to stick with ADF and ride it out. 6s I dont have a problem with, its the readings going past 7.6 during fasting that are puzzling and higher readings this morning after just a small intake that seem to be training my brain to discourage eating which can't be good so I need to consciously strike a balance.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
t seem to be training my brain to discourage eating which can't be good so I need to consciously strike a balance.
From personal experience I 100% agree with that hence the winner. I think I'm still dealing with the fallout from "too much" fasting nearly 4 3 years on. This is totally N=1 and some seem to thrive on fasting.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Thrilled to tiny little bits. 4.8 this morning. I did not believe it was possible, I thought that I was some sort of alien who was unable to have FBGs under 6! Been mad at the studies this week and have been registering 6s all week. I had to jump online and let my lovely 'diabetic club' (as Mr P calls this page) know this fantastic news. Will probably go up again tomorrow, but for today I am savouring this :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thrilled to tiny little bits. 4.8 this morning. I did not believe it was possible, I thought that I was some sort of alien who was unable to have FBGs under 6! Been mad at the studies this week and have been registering 6s all week. I had to jump online and let my lovely 'diabetic club' (as Mr P calls this page) know this fantastic news. Will probably go up again tomorrow, but for today I am savouring this :)
The girl @Providence 62 dun good - very, very good indeed:woot: