urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Oh lordy. Called GP and expected to get high dose antibiotics for my thumb.

Instead, I get sent to the hospital and once there, they want to keep me in to give intravenous antibiotics at regular intervals.

Completely unprepared, I don’t have any of my meds or testing kit. Mrs Urb was expecting me back for supper now she's rushing round trying to get an overnight bag together for me.

I think that maybe what's termed a curveball?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up at 6am and got up to go for a wee, next thing I know is coming round on the bathroom floor after collapsing. Feared I was hypo, but turned out to be 9.7. Missus checked my blood pressure which was very low. So maybe it has something to do with the infection in my thumb? I don't usually react to anti-biotics so I doubt it was the meds.

Hi Urb,

Just catching up with what's happening. Sounds a little reminiscent of when i had that incident gashing my wrist with an angle grinder?

Woke at 5am? BG's in the early teens..? Decided to take myself to A&E. Rang work saying i would be late.
Remember finishing the call i must have passed out. Woke a couple of hours later in the chair, BGs hadn't changed, just as my wife's alarm kicked off..
My wife remembers hearing me making the call & thought i sounded incoherent.

Instead, I get sent to the hospital and once there, they want to keep me in to give intravenous antibiotics at regular intervals.

Completely unprepared, I don’t have any of my meds or testing kit. Mrs Urb was expecting me back for supper now she's rushing round trying to get an overnight bag together for me.

This is a surprise, Take it steady mate..

I got 3 hours just waiting in A&E with work phoning up & asking when i was going to show... :hilarious:

You never know what's on the cards..

Reactions: urbanracer

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no, @urbanracer !
That's a very unhappy development. I hope the treatment will sort you out quickly.
I'm very happy to hear mrs Urb is taking care of getting your stuff together. Have a hug and very good wishes!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Laying in a 5 bed ward, they just brought in a chap I used to work with 25 years ago. Funny old world innit?

Chap opposite me fell off a conservatory and has shattered his heels and ankles. I shouldn't grumble too much about my thumb, should I.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Laying in a 5 bed ward, they just brought in a chap I used to work with 25 years ago. Funny old world innit?

Chap opposite me fell off a conservatory and has shattered his heels and ankles. I shouldn't grumble too much about my thumb, should I.

You only need Frankie Howerd wheeled in, & you got it made.. :p

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Fingers crossed they sort you out fast. Scary when they think it's serious enough to admit you. Keep us posted please.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

I’d have sent hugs to you and Mrs Urb yesterday but I’ve only just clocked in again. I expect you’re now settled in a hospital bed with a wheely drip stand to roll with you to the bathroom etc. I hope you could sleep, hospitals can be so noisy and the lights are always too bright. Really really hope the higher volume of antibiotics works to subdue the infection!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just caught up with previous - have to wish you a Hattie Jaques lookalike as Matron @urbanracer. And I challenged you to say ‘Oooo Matron!’ anyway to all the female nurses. Get that thumb better. Poor guy who fell off the conservatory sounds in a really bad way, next up you’ll have a chain saw accident and a drill bit through the leg join you; DIY, joins MDI.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello again @MeiChanski, nice to see you here again. Sorry you’re having pump issues; happy to raise a sugar free glass of something (not alcohol, second vaccine jab today) to celebrate the completion of therapy. Do you think it’s helped?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, hope everyone's well or getting better.
I've voted in the moderators' election, I don't understand why it isn't a fixed posting rather than having to search for it.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Had a search for moderator voting and failed to find it. Bah! I did see, though, that there are twice as many robots checked in right now than members - ok, own up, which of you’s a robot? You’re not allowed to call yourself one if you still have a human brain as well as the cyber sensors, apps and pumps.

Reactions: Marie 2