What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Newly diagnosed

Slimfast keto mocha shake.
Chicken satay salad, 1x dgf bakewell blonde.
Chicken shish with salad ( kids had takeout pizza!) 2x squares of85% plain chocolate.
I also tested a Nescafé coconut latte today, no rise in blood sugar! I’m going to test again tomorrow.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had very interesting plans with an aubergine, tuna melt batter, some leftover stinky cheese and the oven but didn't feel like cooking.
That was yesterday.
So today I filled aubergine halves with tuna melt batter with extra onions and topped it with stinky cheese and slices of tomato.
It tasted wonderful, so I won't post my pictures as they look truly horrible :hilarious:.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That was yesterday.
So today I filled aubergine halves with tuna melt batter with extra onions and topped it with stinky cheese and slices of tomato.
It tasted wonderful, so I won't post my pictures as they look truly horrible :hilarious:.

Did you bake the aubergine halves first, before you added the tuna batter? I must try this.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: scrambled eggs and kimchi.
Lunch Fage yoghurt with a few nuts and seeds.
Dinner: Chicken pie. I used fat head dough for the pie crust on mine ( no pastry on the bottom). Broccoli and a couple of glasses of wine.
I’ve also had a couple of pints or the cocoa tea that @Goonergal put me on to, very addictive but happily carb free.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've often thought there's a gap in the market for low carb hospitality venues.
I've often thought the same, but with expensive ingredients the final selling price to allow for profit would put most people off.
I've been baking today ready for visitors and cooking for 6 rather than just me has really shown me how costly it all is.
I also assume most people going to low carb/keto cafe would be accompanied by a carb eater, so would they pay extra over what they get in an ordinary cafe?
Look at the prices for low carb delivered, I can't do that often
I'd be really interested to hear what other thinks they would pay

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you bake the aubergine halves first, before you added the tuna batter? I must try this.
I baked them for a bit before filling them.
Not being sure on what to do with the aubergine before filling was the main reason for giving up yesterday :hilarious:
Halving and baking them for about 10 minutes worked out just fine :). After adding the filling I baked them for about 25 minutes.
And yes, you must try this!

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Large mushroom stuffed with melted cheese
Scrambled eggs and a couple slices of bacon

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I missed most of last week so will pick up on last Friday.
Breakfast is ALWAYS slice of HiLo toast cooled, good butter, lots of tea.
Lunch was slice of Dr Almond bread with cheesy coleslaw and more grated cheese on top. When it got to supper time I had no appetite so decided to fast.
Saturday lunch was 3 scrambled eggs. Supper was Tandoori King Prawn with cauli bhajee, one popadom.
Sunday had same lunch, lots of eggs on the cusp of date. Supper was Peking Duck with spring onion, cucumber and a little hoisin sauce, no pancakes, delicious. Bought in Sainsburys, amazing value two packs (each half duck & 12 pancakes) fed three of us.
Today I will be having Dr Almond bread in a minute with my morning tea. Lunch is as yet unknown but prob using up salad bits from the fridge. This evening we are booked to eat at the pub marquee which will be first time in about 18 months so not sure what I can have, most likely steak and salad.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: Keralan chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Edit for typo.

Last edited:

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; Hi lo toast with butter, home made granola with almond milk
Lunch: Chicken leg with mayo, olives, sliced pepper and cucumber. Fibre one protein bar
Dinner: Cheese crispbake with roasted tomatoes, two poached eggs and black pudding. Strawberries and cream.
8gms of Maya Gold Green and blacks.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mexican style sausages and cheese omelette for breakfast.
Chicken wings with a hot dipping sauce for lunch.
Baked pork chops and veggies, gravy, half a diced up dragon fruit with some greek yoghurt for dinner.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't remember morning food fully. A bit of ff greek, some cheese and some finger licks while preparing a meal for later.

D: Visitors were treated to layered tuna fritatta from one of the Caldesi cookbooks. Looked nice but I would add more veg and herbs next time. A cold platter of meats and cheeses. Salad and home made lc cheddar crackers. 2 desserts, a mocha tart and a rhubarb and ginger cake. Both lc and absolutely delicious. 1 glass dry rose.

Onlinecaroline

Sunday - accidentally OMAD

Had 10 chicken wings and portion of halloumi from Nando’s. Was delicious!

Monday
Breakfast - 3 eggs in a cup mashed
Dinner - Beef fajitas with guacamole, sour cream, cheese, jalapeños and one carb zone wrap.

Today
Lunch - pack of mini satay sticks, 2 babybel, square of mint Montezuma and a sugar free jelly.

Dinner - chilli bowl with bare naked rice, guacamole, cheese, sour cream and jalapeños. Going to have a strawberries and cream DGF and a lc struggle later when having a cuppa.

Newly diagnosed

Chocolate porridge (Brave Ape) with raspberries.
2x low carb crackers ( homemade) cheese, peperami 1x fibre one protein bar.
Chicken curry, no rice. 1x dgf bakewell blondie.
confess to eating 2 bags of malteasers first time I’ve done anything like this for a while! I’m not feeling great.. my own fault I’m feeling like I’ve got a sugar hangover! Lesson learnt!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2mad for me today. A PT session at 12:30 meant I didn’t eat earlier ( I never eat before Hiit workout - too risky) lunch at 2pm was prawns, smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, salad leaves and h/m mayo.
Dinner around 6pm was fathead pizza and a couple of glasses red wine.
@Onlinecaroline an accidental OMAD is all I can manage, if I plan it I end up thinking about food all day long and it becomes too difficult.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
straight to lunch today
L: mixed plate of salad with leftover fritatta and St Agur cheese. 2 (yes 2) portions of leftover mocha tart
D: very small h/m turkey curry (boys and rice with theirs). 5% fage yoghurt ( doing a taste and carb comparison ) 1 rhubarb sugar free jelly, with orange flavour this time. Very nice but I will be relived when the rhubarb stops cropping

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My meal tasted wonderful, despite the unappetising look!
Caramelised chicory with balsamic vinegar, pan-fried leftover of sunday's tuna-melt filling and half a jalapeno burger with mushrooms.
Last week's stolen half jalapeno burger kept nagging me, so I bought new burgers as they were second pack half price again. This time I remembered to put the other half back in the fridge before the cat could get at it too :D
The chicory was fried in butter, and I added a very small amount of powdered sugar to caramelise. Happy to report the total amount of carbs for the meal was still low enough to not need any insulin :)

181993125_10223435876759439_1099130930911296234_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: LC cauliflower cheese with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.