What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Pre dawn was grey...
Then suddenly black thunderclouds, which were then lit up by an orange sunrise.
Black thunderclouds parted to reveal the bluest of skies, and amazing dramatic white majestic clouds appropriate for the Greek gods to survey the world from their thrones...

Digital painting in Procreate this morning...

View attachment 49242
Painted as the gods looked down on you, a dramatic sun rise.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on a very Rumsfeld day. IDK my fbg as I forgot or just plain CBA to put on a new sensor. IDK if @alf_Josiah and others forgot the Bank Holiday and is therefore a tad previous in celebrating Bin Day in areas not fully protected by Uncle Sam. @Krystyna23040 I'm glad the info from Layman was useful and my shares are a secret twixt myself and Shareview. Not even Julie knows. I would urge y'all to keep going well, keep going shell.;) Yesterday's art was as wonderful as usual @geefull, @Muddy Cyclist and @dunelm. This morning's work is very evocative @gennepher. The KU is how/why I ever expected summer '19, the complete upheaval of all I held dear in the move then lockdowns not to wreck my personal ecosystem. I wonder just how predictable my struggle with my previous mode of lc eating is and how good the results are bearing that in mind? Stay safe and remember, go for long drives, turn up your heating, use banks regularly and buy from Bulk Powders ;)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.9 for me today. Chicken Salad last night and Greek Yogurt and berries after, cheese salad for lunch and before last nights meal 5.4 and after 5.5 so again mystified by fasting reading.

My partial deafness since March 2020 is getting me down and I have had no follow up since Decembers Audiology appointment. Called Heath centre and spoke to a doctor who said they have all the results but I had fallen through the net. So it all starts again, back to ENT and apparently an MIR scan to rule out any other causes. Three things came to mind, what a waste of money and time, how inept my Health Centre is and Sledgehammer to crack a nut as he said all three audiologist I saw in December agree left ear is low but everything seemed healthy. Ah well I suppose better safe than sorry.

Great evening watching Grandaughters jumping their ponies although bitterly cold, light and storm clouds were like those seen by @gennepher this Morning with Chariots of Gods riding on their backs. At one point the sky went very dark and a Rainbow arced right over the jumping area, what a beautiful world we live in.
IMG_4819.JPG

No idea what we are up to today although we have been sent 3 new Recorder Quartet pieces to get our teeth into.

Keep safe and take the day in your stride.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished Cader Idris watercolour, I am not happy with the middle ground, I should have made it early morning mist and kept the mountain lighter, will try again in a day or two...

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 49238
Started another Spring Light Beech Tree painting. Will finish Wednesday.
View attachment 49239
Now off to see both Grandaughters jumping their ponies....
I see why you might have liked it more in the early mist but still. Looking forward to the Beech tree.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

@lindisfel - yup, snow showers here today too :sorry: it didn't 'stick' but I'm looking forward to a bit of wamth, at least the wind has dropped to a moderate level although the far side of the firth is full of white caps :)

We went over to mum's to collect her list ready for tomorrow's weekly trolley dash earlier and the sky was beautiful and light as we drove, clouds blustering along, sun, snow showers in the distance, spectacular :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - glad things are progressing well :)
I put on about 3Kg over this last lockdown too :sorry:

@dunelm - interesting composition, it works well, really gives a sense of scale :)
I had a look at some of Fu Baoshi's work and I see why you like it. He has a looser style but a skillful way of emphasising the focus of his paintings.

@gennepher - a fine painting today, lovely texture and glowing colour with subtle variation :joyful:
Mum usually has a wren in her garden too, it nests inside a gap in the stone wall (almost under the terracotta pot I drew).

@Muddy Cyclist - I like your Cader Idris as it is, it looks as though the sun is just peeping through enough to add a hint of wamth in the middle ground to contrast with the more sombre hills and foreground :joyful: I think it would have looked nicely atmospheric with the mist too though ;)

A shapely start to the next painting, I do find the first washes of your paintings interesting.

art bit -

View attachment 49240
Thank you @geefull, I will be continuing with his style for another couple of days. Another excellent composition from you today. Delicate treatment of sea and sky and, as always your hills and mountains are smashing.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Pre dawn was grey...
Then suddenly black thunderclouds, which were then lit up by an orange sunrise.
Black thunderclouds parted to reveal the bluest of skies, and amazing dramatic white majestic clouds appropriate for the Greek gods to survey the world from their thrones...

Digital painting in Procreate this morning...

View attachment 49242
Another wonderful composition. A very Greek bronze dawn. I am liking the way that you are treating the texture of the foreground.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all on a very Rumsfeld day. IDK my fbg as I forgot or just plain CBA to put on a new sensor. IDK if @alf_Josiah and others forgot the Bank Holiday and is therefore a tad previous in celebrating Bin Day in areas not fully protected by Uncle Sam. @Krystyna23040 I'm glad the info from Layman was useful and my shares are a secret twixt myself and Shareview. Not even Julie knows. I would urge y'all to keep going well, keep going shell.;) Yesterday's art was as wonderful as usual @geefull, @Muddy Cyclist and @dunelm. This morning's work is very evocative @gennepher. The KU is how/why I ever expected summer '19, the complete upheaval of all I held dear in the move then lockdowns not to wreck my personal ecosystem. I wonder just how predictable my struggle with my previous mode of lc eating is and how good the results are bearing that in mind? Stay safe and remember, go for long drives, turn up your heating, use banks regularly and buy from Bulk Powders ;)
Thank you @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.9 for me today. Chicken Salad last night and Greek Yogurt and berries after, cheese salad for lunch and before last nights meal 5.4 and after 5.5 so again mystified by fasting reading.

My partial deafness since March 2020 is getting me down and I have had no follow up since Decembers Audiology appointment. Called Heath centre and spoke to a doctor who said they have all the results but I had fallen through the net. So it all starts again, back to ENT and apparently an MIR scan to rule out any other causes. Three things came to mind, what a waste of money and time, how inept my Health Centre is and Sledgehammer to crack a nut as he said all three audiologist I saw in December agree left ear is low but everything seemed healthy. Ah well I suppose better safe than sorry.

Great evening watching Grandaughters jumping their ponies although bitterly cold, light and storm clouds were like those seen by @gennepher this Morning with Chariots of Gods riding on their backs. At one point the sky went very dark and a Rainbow arced right over the jumping area, what a beautiful world we live in.
View attachment 49243

No idea what we are up to today although we have been sent 3 new Recorder Quartet pieces to get our teeth into.

A brilliant rainbow!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49243

Sounds like a great evening - albeit cold. Lovely to see grandchildren being able to get out and about. Disappointing Health Centre. I do get the feeling that quite a lot of GP’s seem to have been holidaying from the comfort of their sofas for the last year.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Ian, my Bulk order is on it’s way together with 45% off.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cheery morning here for International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of whole roasted cauliflower with spices and yoghurt came in at 5.4 this am.

The recycling bin is full to the gunnels this morning, so full in fact that the Plimsoll Line turned red. We have a blue plaque to Samuel Plimsoll on our High Street and one of the pubs is named after him. Please be aware that if you have blue plaque then you should see your dentist.

Art today, another one from the painter Fu Baoshi. I used a cut down stipple type brush on bleed-proof marker paper. Hope that our local sunshine is also appearing in a sky near you today. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-5-5_8-49-28.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please be aware that if you have blue plaque then you should see your dentist.
How very droll. That cauli could be a "nice little earner" at festivals what with the zeitgeist for believing absolutely anything then feigning disenchantment when there are no unicorn eggs. Need a partner?

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cheery morning here for International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of whole roasted cauliflower with spices and yoghurt came in at 5.4 this am.

The recycling bin is full to the gunnels this morning, so full in fact that the Plimsoll Line turned red. We have a blue plaque to Samuel Plimsoll on our High Street and one of the pubs is named after him. Please be aware that if you have blue plaque then you should see your dentist.

Art today, another one from the painter Fu Baoshi. I used a cut down stipple type brush on bleed-proof marker paper. Hope that our local sunshine is also appearing in a sky near you today. Time for koffy.

View attachment 49244
I am liking this style you are giving us at the moment, great influence that Fu Baoshi and you are adding your own touches. The media you chose seems to have worked out really well, lovely painting.