What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Went into our local small town to Lidl for our shopping this am.
Southern Uplands to the north in Scotland had snow on and all the northern fells to the south had a very good covering down to 1600 feet from 3000 feet.
In the strong sunshine the Lakeland Mountains looked spectacular, particularly Skiddaw, Carlside and Ullock Pike looking very spread out when viewed from the north.
Visibilty c.80 miles.
D.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a cheery morning here for International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of whole roasted cauliflower with spices and yoghurt came in at 5.4 this am.

The recycling bin is full to the gunnels this morning, so full in fact that the Plimsoll Line turned red. We have a blue plaque to Samuel Plimsoll on our High Street and one of the pubs is named after him. Please be aware that if you have blue plaque then you should see your dentist.

Art today, another one from the painter Fu Baoshi. I used a cut down stipple type brush on bleed-proof marker paper. Hope that our local sunshine is also appearing in a sky near you today. Time for koffy.

View attachment 49244
It looks as if it could be a magic carpet!

Hassan-D

Hiya!

Reposting into this thread.

Fasting blood sugar is 8.7 at 7 am.
Was half expecting it to be higher, because I overdid things yesterday, nibbled food instead of having two proper meals with a 4to5 hour gap in between, caught some sunburn on my face. Uncomfortable face kept me awake all night, so checked sugar readings out of interest at 1 am...blood sugar was 11. That worried me. Yet I am back to my normalish fasting blood sugar this morning with 8.7 at 7 am.

So I am very pleased with that...I need to find my straw wide brimmed sunhat for today...

Take care and have a good day x
(And wear that suncream and sunhat!)
>^..^<
Ouch, i normally wake up with a 4.2 max. Normally 3.8.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

it was only 3'C when we got up this morning and it snowed in showers on and off all day until tea time :sorry: still looked lovely though ;)

Shopping was pretty quiet this morning and we got mum's stuff delivered safely, I've been in the kitchen this afternoon making chocolate lc cake and roasting the lump of beef we got nicely reduced in price whilst we were shopping :D

Bin day today and our blue recycling bin will now be less inclined to make a mess when it blows over in the currently whistling wind :)

The charity shed is open again so we will be going for a couple of hours tomorrow.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - lovely glowing sky in today's picture and I like the textured floral foreground, it has worked very well against the sky :)

@dunelm - a fine, restrained use of space in today's painting, very effective and 'bleed proof' paper is not something i've heard of, I presume it's to keep lines precise and colours strong? It has worked well with this spare style of painting.

art bit -
I've ordered some modern 'Bockingford' paper to see how it compares to the ancient pad I have ;) and I couldn't resist getting another couple of colours to try from a different manufacturer (Sennelier). this must be how 'stashes' form :D

today's painting is based on a photo seen online, trying to improve my background handling :)

upload_2021-5-5_18-53-31.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

it was only 3'C when we got up this morning and it snowed in showers on and off all day until tea time :sorry: still looked lovely though ;)

Shopping was pretty quiet this morning and we got mum's stuff delivered safely, I've been in the kitchen this afternoon making chocolate lc cake and roasting the lump of beef we got nicely reduced in price whilst we were shopping :D

Bin day today and our blue recycling bin will now be less inclined to make a mess when it blows over in the currently whistling wind :)

The charity shed is open again so we will be going for a couple of hours tomorrow.

@gennepher - lovely glowing sky in today's picture and I like the textured floral foreground, it has worked very well against the sky :)

@dunelm - a fine, restrained use of space in today's painting, very effective and 'bleed proof' paper is not something i've heard of, I presume it's to keep lines precise and colours strong? It has worked well with this spare style of painting.

art bit -
I've ordered some modern 'Bockingford' paper to see how it compares to the ancient pad I have ;) and I couldn't resist getting another couple of colours to try from a different manufacturer (Sennelier). this must be how 'stashes' form :D

today's painting is based on a photo seen online, trying to improve my background handling :)

View attachment 49259
Once again our eyes are both graced and spoiled by your talent Ma'am. I'm not worthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a cheery morning here for International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of whole roasted cauliflower with spices and yoghurt came in at 5.4 this am.

The recycling bin is full to the gunnels this morning, so full in fact that the Plimsoll Line turned red. We have a blue plaque to Samuel Plimsoll on our High Street and one of the pubs is named after him. Please be aware that if you have blue plaque then you should see your dentist.

Art today, another one from the painter Fu Baoshi. I used a cut down stipple type brush on bleed-proof marker paper. Hope that our local sunshine is also appearing in a sky near you today. Time for koffy.

View attachment 49244
I like this very much @dunelm
It is very effective.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.7 today

art bit -

View attachment 49259
Thank you for the painting compliments @geefull

A beautiful delicate rendering of the flower and leaves from you. I like this very much.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

art bit -

View attachment 49259
Thank you @geefull . The bleedproof paper is called ‘promarker’, from Winsor & Newton and really produced for the use of felt tips. It seems to hold well for my colour brush pens and also for inks.
Another beautifully painted flower from you today, your background holds just enough detail to keep the focus on the main subject.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

art bit -

View attachment 49259
Another fine floral painting and in my opinion a well sorted background.

My water colour tubes are mainly Sennelier, which is my favourite paint.

Good things are opening up again and you are able to get back to the Charity Shed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. Before bed last night I was 5.1, before meals last night 5.5 after 5.7. So still mystified why I'm getting high fasting.

My watercolour I meant to finish yesterday ended up in the recycling bin so that was a wasted hour.

Muddy Cycle Ride for me today, going to see if the new Commonwealth Games Mountain Bike trail is open on Cannock Chase and give it a whizz.

Keep safe and use the day well.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a stunningly propellers in a bright blue sky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of porc and duck eggs with home made bread rocked in at 5.7 this am

Leaks - no, not leeks - but “there’s a hole in your bucket”. - Mrs Miggins has been buying stuff - a trio of fau-ancient galvanised bucket plant pot holders - plants in, watered and stuck on top of a sideboard. Leak. So, yesterdays trial of Heracles - mop up, dry, treat oak surfaces to some soft beeswax balsam and then fix the leak - a badly constructed seam. I filled seam with some of that flat roof instant repair gloop and then painted it onto all seams on all buckets. Dry - fill with water - result.
A new batch of rice paper samples arrived - unsized, semi-sized and sized - the unsized samples will be a bit of a challenge.
Voting today across the land (apart from NI - lucky sods). Keep away from the TV. If you are voting then take your own writing implement and stay away from nosy exit pollers.

Art today - third of my Fu Boashi paintings. Expectation of rain later today but it’s out in the sunshine this morning. Firs, koffy.

upload_2021-5-6_7-1-24.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. Before bed last night I was 5.1, before meals last night 5.5 after 5.7. So still mystified why I'm getting high fasting.

My watercolour I meant to finish yesterday ended up in the recycling bin so that was a wasted hour.

Muddy Cycle Ride for me today, going to see if the new Commonwealth Games Mountain Bike trail is open on Cannock Chase and give it a whizz.

Keep safe and use the day well.
Sorry that you are still having angst with high fasting readings - Your 6.1 is though a snapshot and just a few minutes earlier or later will be something else - no consolation I know. Hope you have a great cycle ride today.