What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice piece from you, I like the scale the boat gives the tree and the reflections in the water, good colour also. I can see what you mean by the Looser Style of brushwork, look forward to more and also some fallen blossom art.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I am playing about with a cut down brush today and also a wolf hair brush on bleedproof marker paper to see what happens - same artist, different paper.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds good. Did you actually need to lose weight and inches? In my mind's eye you are a svelte, elegant lady of impeccable taste so I now envisage Mr K needing x-ray specs to find ya once the dressing on your head goes. Maybe add some leucine powder to your breakfast and you will become well buff, innit. No, I don't work for Bulk Powders - I pay out of my own pocket. Even for childcare of 35 year olds.;)
I had very sadly gained about 6lb over the various lockdowns. All.of it had gone around my waist. So another 2 1/2 lbs to go to get back to my ideal weight. Then I will have a dilemma because any more weight loss and I start looking too slender.

What I am hoping is that the P.E. Diet is mainly targeting hidden fat around and in my organs - which does seem to be happening at the moment. Also, I am hoping that muscle mass will increase with the extra protein - which will hopefully balance out fat loss.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good star wars Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all pastsfarians.

A 5.6 this morning.

Today is a get your bottom in gear day, with minimal free time, then later this afternoon it will be collapse in heap time, ah well that's Tuesday's at Tilehurst Towers.

Now it's time to take medication, stand under the indoor rain storm and then the morning starts properly. Oh and get some clothes on with white socks :) .
Make the most of today folks it is unique in its own right.

Stay well, stay safe, stay apart and most importantly stay away from the negativity in the media.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is Mrs Blackbird stealing my thatch...
"You don't mind?" She says looking at me right in the eyes...
9F147463-E611-4B47-820E-9ECCCAEACFE3.png

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like your garden is the set for the bird version of “Into The Storm”. I hope that the cast have not missed out on this years nesting season. I love this painting theme that you are on with. Lovely greens here in this bursting light - I thought at first that it was at the bottom of the sea and the light was from Captain Nemo.
It is getting a bit late, but not too late for a blackbird brood @dunelm
Thanks for the painting compliments :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Winner for the impressionist art, very effective and a good learning curve by the sound of it.

Hugs for thatch depletion. I'm sure @lindisfel knows better than I but I think Male Wrens play around and have multiple female partners installed in many nests so that maybe why you only see one at a time, he's so busy keeping them all happy. :) Well that's what my old mum told me, she may have got it wrong.
Thanks for the painting compliments @Muddy Cyclist
Well that explains probably why I only ever see one wren at a time. So your mum's explanation probably makes sense.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had very sadly gained about 6lb over the various lockdowns. All.of it had gone around my waist. So another 2 1/2 lbs to go to get back to my ideal weight. Then I will have a dilemma because any more weight loss and I start looking too slender.

What I am hoping is that the P.E. Diet is mainly targeting hidden fat around and in my organs - which does seem to be happening at the moment. Also, I am hoping that muscle mass will increase with the extra protein - which will hopefully balance out fat loss.
Don't go too far with weight correction but twixt Mr K and yourself I'm sure that won't happen. I've now tried this for nearly 6 years and my conclusion is LC eating and me are incompatible. Still,many a relationship lasts a lifetime despite that and I never thought I was meant to be a teacher or opening batsman - others disagreed. Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. Most here know that perfectly, me? not so much actually not at all Your head is screwed on properly.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished Cader Idris watercolour, I am not happy with the middle ground, I should have made it early morning mist and kept the mountain lighter, will try again in a day or two...

A4 watercolour...
IMG_4813.JPG

Started another Spring Light Beech Tree painting. Will finish Wednesday.
IMG_4817.JPG

Now off to see both Grandaughters jumping their ponies....

lindisfel

Expert
Winner for the impressionist art, very effective and a good learning curve by the sound of it.

Hugs for thatch depletion. I'm sure @lindisfel knows better than I but I think Male Wrens play around and have multiple female partners installed in many nests so that maybe why you only see one at a time, he's so busy keeping them all happy. :) Well that's what my old mum told me, she may have got it wrong.

Absolutely right, Muddy, the males may be having paternity with several broods from different females in the same season and they'll be constructing up to ten nests in their territory, sometimes called cocknests.
They show their available nests to females if she like the residence and the 'man' in her life she improves it, without any suspect donor input, and they make another family.

They have much in common with the political class but don't lack honesty!
One should not be anthropomorphic, but it makes for a bit of fun!:)
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished Cader Idris watercolour, I am not happy with the middle ground, I should have made it early morning mist and kept the mountain lighter, will try again in a day or two...

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 49238
Started another Spring Light Beech Tree painting. Will finish Wednesday.
View attachment 49239
Now off to see both Grandaughters jumping their ponies....
I like the Cader Idris painting as it is, but I can understand why you feel you would have liked early morning mist @Muddy Cyclist
I look forward to tomorrow's finished one.

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

@lindisfel - yup, snow showers here today too :sorry: it didn't 'stick' but I'm looking forward to a bit of wamth, at least the wind has dropped to a moderate level although the far side of the firth is full of white caps :)

We went over to mum's to collect her list ready for tomorrow's weekly trolley dash earlier and the sky was beautiful and light as we drove, clouds blustering along, sun, snow showers in the distance, spectacular :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - glad things are progressing well :)
I put on about 3Kg over this last lockdown too :sorry:

@dunelm - interesting composition, it works well, really gives a sense of scale :)
I had a look at some of Fu Baoshi's work and I see why you like it. He has a looser style but a skillful way of emphasising the focus of his paintings.

@gennepher - a fine painting today, lovely texture and glowing colour with subtle variation :joyful:
Mum usually has a wren in her garden too, it nests inside a gap in the stone wall (almost under the terracotta pot I drew).

@Muddy Cyclist - I like your Cader Idris as it is, it looks as though the sun is just peeping through enough to add a hint of wamth in the middle ground to contrast with the more sombre hills and foreground :joyful: I think it would have looked nicely atmospheric with the mist too though ;)

A shapely start to the next painting, I do find the first washes of your paintings interesting.

art bit -

upload_2021-5-4_19-55-36.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

@lindisfel - yup, snow showers here today too :sorry: it didn't 'stick' but I'm looking forward to a bit of wamth, at least the wind has dropped to a moderate level although the far side of the firth is full of white caps :)

We went over to mum's to collect her list ready for tomorrow's weekly trolley dash earlier and the sky was beautiful and light as we drove, clouds blustering along, sun, snow showers in the distance, spectacular :joyful:

@dunelm - interesting composition, it works well, really gives a sense of scale :)
I had a look at some of Fu Baoshi's work and I see why you like it. He has a looser style but a skillful way of emphasising the focus of his paintings.

@gennepher - a fine painting today, lovely texture and glowing colour with subtle variation :joyful:
Mum usually has a wren in her garden too, it nests inside a gap in the stone wall (almost under the terracotta pot I drew).

@Muddy Cyclist - I like your Cader Idris as it is, it looks as though the sun is just peeping through enough to add a hint of wamth in the middle ground to contrast with the more sombre hills and foreground :joyful: I think it would have looked nicely atmospheric with the mist too though ;)

A shapely start to the next painting, I do find the first washes of your paintings interesting.

art bit -

View attachment 49240
Thanks for the painting compliment @geefull

A great painting. I love the sea and sky and mountains. You are a master of this type of painting...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The image below is from Layman's talk on protein. Basically he argues that the RDA is a minimum and most adults, especially us "Seniors," need way more due to Sarcopenia. We could go as far as 200 gms protein a day safely. Not sure most of us could a) eat that much and b) afford it. His[/QUOTE
No, I don't work for Bulk Powders - I pay out of my own pocket.
Ah - but do you have shares in Bulk powders.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The image below is from Layman's talk on protein. Basically he argues that the RDA is a minimum and most adults, especially us "Seniors," need way more due to Sarcopenia. We could go as far as 200 gms protein a day safely. Not sure most of us could a) eat that much and b) afford it. His idea is to "build" meals around protein and target leucine. 30 gms protein per meal is his starting point. Looking at his image on the left, if he follows his own advice, seems to work better than a few of the experts I've seen who don't look especially trim. The implication is high quality, lean protein. Which is expensive, hence "Seniors" being deficient IMHO.
It is really good to know that we could go as far as 200g safely. I agree that not many of us could eat that much.

Very interesting that we should target leucine. My whey isolate powder has more leucine than the casein - so I will start using more of the whey than the casein.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Windy, rainy, and stormy all night. But the sky was surprisingly light. It didn't feel like night.

I have to rescue a Eucalyptus tree which broke free from its supports in the night and is danger of being snapped into 2 with this vicious wind. I could see birds (eg blackbird sized) flying to and fro in the night, which seems strange to me. The night is normally devoid of birds.

Also the two blackbirds who were nesting in my clematis, and I assumed had laid eggs, abandoned that nest, and the male and female blackbirds were tearing up the thatch from my thatched swing, and building a nest in the cherry tree in my front garden. Now, that one appears to have been abandoned.

This last week the same pair have been collecting nesting materials and building a nest at the bottom of my garden among the honeysuckle. But it was a very exposed and windy position.

This morning the same female blackbird is frantically collecting MORE nesting materials, and building yet another nest in the crab apple tree. She is ripping the thatch off my thatched swing as though there is no time to lose in this nest building process. The male blackbird in the meantime is rolling his eyes and having a good old morning bath in the disused cat tray which had collected a surfeit of water...until Mrs Blackbird dive bombs him into nest building action...

The only thing I can think of is in the original clematis where Mrs Blackbird built a nest, Jenny Wren built a nest within a metre of her in the same clematis. All seemed well for a few weeks initially. Then. Jenny Wren started making a heck of a racket each time I went in the garden. (I had to use a bird song app to identify the bird, and it said it was the alarm call of a wren) I can vouch it is deafening, because when I walk past Jenny Wren's nest on the way to my garage, my cochlear speech processor on my left ear is within two hand widths of her nest, and the noise Jenny Wren yelled into it was like my brain had blown up...

I can only assume Mrs Blackbird didn't like such horrendously noisy neighbours...and wanted to move house. I fully empathise with Mrs Blackbird...

Where is Jeremy (I cannot call him Jenny Wren) Wren in all this? I only ever see one wren at a time, and Jenny Wren seemed friendly enough earlier in the year and flew near me. But I assume she has babies now...

I'll go and check on how Mrs B is when this rainstorm abates. She is still friendly to me, comes straight up to my feet when I am in the garden, and doesn't regard me as a threat. Her feathers are all spiky with the rain. I don't know how she can fly when she is this waterlogged.

But first I need to do some more googling. It is going to cost me a fortune to replace this thatch on my swing :(

My digital painting in Procreate this morning. It was meant to be a quickie, but literally 4 hours later, and I was learning a lot of new stuff with it. Can you tell it took 4 hours? Nope, I didn't think you would!

View attachment 49232
I love the colours you used and am not surprised that it took you four hours to paint as it is a wonderful painting.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

art bit -

View attachment 49240
Thank you for your appreciation.

The light and atmosphere of your day sounds wonderful. The horse jumping we went to this evening was also bright, stormy and a magnificent light even a rainbow which went right across the jumping area, quite uplifting. I am waiting for my son to text me the picture he took of it, however it was a bitter wind and poor Grandaughters were froze on their horse and pony.

Your painting today is just stunning, the light, colours and composition. Your signature hills are something to be proud of, a big winner.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Pre dawn was grey...
Then suddenly black thunderclouds, which were then lit up by an orange sunrise.
Black thunderclouds parted to reveal the bluest of skies, and amazing dramatic white majestic clouds appropriate for the Greek gods to survey the world from their thrones...

Digital painting in Procreate this morning...

600B359F-A148-43D1-A684-4D6B323B9DD3.jpeg