What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry that you are still having angst with high fasting readings - Your 6.1 is though a snapshot and just a few minutes earlier or later will be something else - no consolation I know. Hope you have a great cycle ride today.
Thanks, I'm quite happy with readings through the day but will keep working on this.

Great Minds think alike so they tell me. Galvanised Buckets and things, a large galvanised bath turned up here yesterday, 71cm by 50cm and 13cm deep, it's now Mrs MCs pond in a pot, seems to be holding water so far and saved me a lot of digging. :) Now to find water plants to put in it.

Reactions: dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Hard white frost again this am.
Looks like temperatures will eventually rise this weekend.
5.8 at 0730.
I ate very little last night. Two large eggs scrambled with butter and spoonful of full fat yoghurt and half a granny smith apple.

Had main meal at 1300 yesterday.

Its the liver that dictates our morning blood glucose and its an organ that plays its own tune.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plum tuckered out yesterday so no new Swipey but this is for all you wonderful huming beans. 18 gms carb yesterday, started running food through Cronometer again, analysis below. Mucho work to do on making that nutritious - or just pop a supplement. Have a fab day - other sugary, frozen outrages are available.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-06 08.08.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-06 08.08.02.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2021-05-06 08.10.28.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-06 08.10.28.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 67

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not chasing around like blue ( other colours available ) bottomed flies.

A 6.4 this morning on that meter of schemes and other such things.

Today is unexpectedly free due to a massive Cockerel up on our part. There we were happily walking round the gardens at RHS Wisley when Mrs J's telephonic communicator rang, it transpires that we had arranged for some friends who need some woodworking doing to come round, erroneously we thought on Thursday, but no it had been agreed they would come yesterday and unfortunately they can't make today. They were parked up on our drive wondering where we were.

Just for @ianpspurs who likes this sort thing Mrs J is a card carrying member of the RHS

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers, remember the stays.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Mr K was hoping to do some gardening this morning before the rain started but unfortunately it has just started raining. Luckily it was still dry for the dog walk.

Yesterday was the last day of the antibiotics - thank goodness.

lindisfel

Expert
I dare not buy nutella either. I used to love nutella.

I used to love fish and chips, but the blood sugar rockets with batter and potato carbs.
I shall still have some come the relaxation, at John's Plaice near Carlisle when it opens.

Oh and I found Tunnocks tea cakes and Tunnock wafers when they were kept in the fridge, were brittle, just to my taste! When I saw some in Lidl the other day I thought how naughty I could be.

Perhaps I should tell the duchess, shopping is such a temptation I should stop.
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull and mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to love fish and chips, but the blood sugar rockets with batter and potato carbs.
I shall still have some come the relaxation, at John's Plaice near Carlisle when it opens.

Oh and I found Tunnocks tea cakes and Tunnock wafers when they were kept in the fridge, were brittle and just to my taste! When I saw some in Lidl the other day I thought how naughty I could be.

Perhaps I should tell the duchess, shopping is such a temptation and I should stop.
D.
Two very tempting treats for you. Interesting what food or drink we each miss most - any bids?. Wilde aside - I can resist everything but temptation - I guess the best way to deal with that is to give thanks for the pleasure we have had from those delights and accept the past is a foreign country where we Ds did things differently.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh and I found Tunnocks tea cakes and Tunnock wafers when they were kept in the fridge, were brittle, just to my taste! When I saw some in Lidl the other day I thought how naughty I could be.
Oh no - I do wish you hadn't mentioned Tunnocks Tea Cakes. I used to love them. Although probably they would taste much too sweet and sickly now. At least, that is what I hope.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plum tuckered out yesterday so no new Swipey but this is for all you wonderful huming beans. 18 gms carb yesterday, started running food through Cronometer again, analysis below. Mucho work to do on making that nutritious - or just pop a supplement. Have a fab day - other sugary, frozen outrages are available.
The macros look OK for protein, fat and carbs. For my own diet I do add magnesium, vit C, D3, Omega 3, K2 and turmeric/curcumin. I took these before I started LC for their health benefits and just continued taking them.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The macros look OK for protein, fat and carbs.
Thank you. Obviously I can play around with Cronometer to hit macros. The vits and nutes are impossible for me -without supplements. Pleasure is currently MIA . Largely a sterile exercise in hitting targets with the occasional outbreak of "that was ok" and salmon avo salad day. I've had worse treatments and there are much worse options for refusal to stick with it.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.45am FBG 6.3
It's our only grandsons third birthday this week. I might have seen him a dozen times altogether in his life. There is a tentative arrangement to meet up on the 15/16 weekend, which would have been our only chance before leaving for France.
At long last. Today spent ages trying to make appt for cat. Phoned six different surgeries before finding one licenced to issue Animal Health Certitficate. It takes about a week and has to be issued within 10 days of travel. Apparently the vet here will contact the vet in France who issued his passport. Now I am really worried. The vet who doesn't keep his surgery clean is almost certain to be behind on admin... and this is a time sensitive document without which Errant won't be able to travel.
Stress eating and drinking too much. I seem to have little control at the moment, leading to higher FBG. Still i did manage not to buy any chocolate today, small step in the right direction.
Did anyone notice I said would have been only chance to see our grandson before we went? Not a slip of the fingers, unfortunately, the ferry company appears to have cancelled ALL sailings until sixth of June.
MrSlim is spitting mad, as you can imagine. I am torn between yippee I will be able to visit people now and disappointment, imagining the grass growing another foot and the window for planting seeds vanishing entirely before we arrive.
Then there is the appointment with our advisor, on obtaining residency, not sure if we will be able to do that by video...
Cannot rearrange until we have ferry booking confirmed.
MrSlim has mentioned the channel tunnel. This is not really an option for me. Don't think I could manage driving for that long.
It's a real mess.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a stunningly propellers in a bright blue sky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of porc and duck eggs with home made bread rocked in at 5.7 this am

Leaks - no, not leeks - but “there’s a hole in your bucket”. - Mrs Miggins has been buying stuff - a trio of fau-ancient galvanised bucket plant pot holders - plants in, watered and stuck on top of a sideboard. Leak. So, yesterdays trial of Heracles - mop up, dry, treat oak surfaces to some soft beeswax balsam and then fix the leak - a badly constructed seam. I filled seam with some of that flat roof instant repair gloop and then painted it onto all seams on all buckets. Dry - fill with water - result.
A new batch of rice paper samples arrived - unsized, semi-sized and sized - the unsized samples will be a bit of a challenge.
Voting today across the land (apart from NI - lucky sods). Keep away from the TV. If you are voting then take your own writing implement and stay away from nosy exit pollers.

Art today - third of my Fu Boashi paintings. Expectation of rain later today but it’s out in the sunshine this morning. Firs, koffy.

View attachment 49268
A peaceful blue painting @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.45am FBG 6.3
It's our only grandsons third birthday this week. I might have seen him a dozen times altogether in his life. There is a tentative arrangement to meet up on the 15/16 weekend, which would have been our only chance before leaving for France.
At long last. Today spent ages trying to make appt for cat. Phoned six different surgeries before finding one licenced to issue Animal Health Certitficate. It takes about a week and has to be issued within 10 days of travel. Apparently the vet here will contact the vet in France who issued his passport. Now I am really worried. The vet who doesn't keep his surgery clean is almost certain to be behind on admin... and this is a time sensitive document without which Errant won't be able to travel.
Stress eating and drinking too much. I seem to have little control at the moment, leading to higher FBG. Still i did manage not to buy any chocolate today, small step in the right direction.
Did anyone notice I said would have been only chance to see our grandson before we went? Not a slip of the fingers, unfortunately, the ferry company appears to have cancelled ALL sailings until sixth of June.
MrSlim is spitting mad, as you can imagine. I am torn between yippee I will be able to visit people now and disappointment, imagining the grass growing another foot and the window for planting seeds vanishing entirely before we arrive.
Then there is the appointment with our advisor, on obtaining residency, not sure if we will be able to do that by video...
MrSlim has mentioned the channel tunnel. This is not really an option for me. Don't think I could manage driving for that long.
It's a real mess.
Hugs for everything @SlimLizzy

Do the yippee one! And look forward to what you can do and get all Errant’s paperwork in order.

It is very unimaginable stress for you all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.45am FBG 6.3
It's a real mess.
Considering all the stress in your life your fbgs, self control and posts are amazing. I hope it all works out as you want. The ties and cravats correction wasn't needed, the meaning was very clear. My collection is largely for my sons to trawl through for formal events.

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak