What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 0% fage greek yogurt with half of a dgf coconut & raspberry crumbled over the top and some raspberries.

Dinner - h/m l/c lasagne - so cheesy & lovely - I luv my own lasagne when I add onions, tomatoes, peppers & mushrooms to the mince. Also 2 slices slc bread toasted with garlic butter melted on top. 1 dgf notella & fresh cream drizzled over the top

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a three egg omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Nothing much at lunchtime, as I had a pre op appointment at the base hospital, so had a protein bar to keep me going.
Rib fillet and green veggies, gravy for dinner, had the other half of the dragon fruit with some greek yoghurt and a small spoonfull of lemon / lime sorbet. (interesting fusion of flavours). :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess I'm back on the very low carb trail after a telephone consultation with my GP this morning. She says I must cut out all possible carbs. This is a total reversal from the last time I spoke to her. So, I do belong here after all.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs and 2 slices GF toast (20 g carb total).
2MAD, so the 2nd meal will be a chicken and lentil stew which I have already made. I did realise that lentils are carby but had decided to use them anyway.

She also advised reducing the amount of fluids I am having (also a reversal of previous advice) to try to reduce the swelling in my legs and feet since the drugs I am taking for that aren't working. Not too sure about that - the last time I was taking less fluids, I ended up with kidney problems.

I will go back to even lower carb from today onwards though. Just have to keep trying.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess I'm back on the very low carb trail after a telephone consultation with my GP this morning. She says I must cut out all possible carbs. This is a total reversal from the last time I spoke to her. So, I do belong here after all.

2MAD, so the 2nd meal will be a chicken and lentil stew which I have already made. I did realise that lentils are carby but had decided to use them anyway.

She also advised reducing the amount of fluids I am having (also a reversal of previous advice) to try to reduce the swelling in my legs and feet since the drugs I am taking for that aren't working. Not too sure about that - the last time I was taking less fluids, I ended up with kidney problems.

I will go back to even lower carb from today onwards though. Just have to keep trying.

Good luck, you are a real trooper so I know you will keep persevering. I hope you see results in all areas of your health soon.

Onlinecaroline

Breakfast - 3 eggs mashed in a cup plus a cup of tea.

Lunch - leftover chilli with a dollop of sour cream, cheese and a spoonful of guacamole.

Dinner - homemade chicken curry with cauliflower rice and a poppadum. DGF cake and 2 squares of chocolate. First day of my period, could have happily ate everything in my kitchen.

Husband got a huge joint of beef for £10 today - so tomorrow is going to be stew ahoy.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wasn't very hungry last night so only had a small dinner but by the time I went to bed I was quite hungry. Dreamt of food and woke up thinking of food, so actually had a breakfast of ff greek, seeds and blueberries.

L: st agur blue cheese on gouda cheese crisps, with some olives

D: chipolatas with broccoli, carrots and celeriac chips. Lc rhubarb and orange jelly with cream.
Then 2 squares of an lc keto fudge which my son has bought as part of a birthday present. Was nice but I don't want more . The erythritol has left a cool sensation in my mouth and I might have a migraine closing in. The rest has gone in the freezer.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry your struggle carries on Ann but good to see you back on here. I so hope the LC decisions you make and the swollen legs get better, agree cutting down on fluids doesn’t seem sensible but what do I know!
Bh Monday hassteak, salad and a few thin chips at the blowy marquee at the pub, first meal out for 18 months, we didnt linger but it was very exciting.
Yesterday usual brekkie of slice of HiLo toast, butter, lots of tea.
Lunch was mixed salad with cheese, slice of ham. (I’m pretending its summer lol)
Supper was a deboned chicken leg stuffed with sage& onion and presented like the most beautiful crown..should have taken a pic. Boys had chips and one and I had broccoli.
This morning same brekkie.
Lunch various salad bits from fridge but had sliver of M&S quiche lorraine.
Supper made lasagne for the boys but for me roasted med veg with a spoon of leftover ragu and melting feta on top.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken and mushrooms in tomato and basil sauce with green beans, broccoli and carrots followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 5.3 FBG 4.8. It's bloomin' freezing! What is going on with the weather? I've had to get my woolies back out again.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Black tea. Headed up to visit SIL since I knew she's be feeling it now with the funeral over and daughter now back in Australia in quarantine. She's holding up fine and was able to help her out with some issues.
D. Had the leftover stroganoff from yesterday with more celeriac chips. A grenade ice cream bar and later I removed a DGF Coconut and raspberry from the freezer to thaw as I had a longing for coconut and raspberry!

Freezer is still acting up.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 5.3 FBG 4.8. It's bloomin' freezing! What is going on with the weather? I've had to get my woolies back out again.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Black tea. Headed up to visit SIL since I knew she's be feeling it now with the funeral over and daughter now back in Australia in quarantine. She's holding up fine and was able to help her out with some issues.
D. Had the leftover stroganoff from yesterday with more celeriac chips. A grenade ice cream bar and later I removed a DGF Coconut and raspberry from the freezer to thaw as I had a longing for coconut and raspberry!

Freezer is still acting up.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mexican style sausages and eggs again for breakfast.
Chicken drumsticks and salad for lunch.
Curried lamb and veggies for dinner.

Sorting out low fibre food to buy as I have to go on a diet for two days next week before a 24 hour fast, I was given a list of food stuff that I can eat but it mostly full of carbs.

I have got plenty of chicken and eggs and bacon... :arghh:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 11.1, rising to 14.7 before breakfast.
Breakfast: bacon and eggs

2MAD (I hope), 2nd meal will be an experiment of stuffed cabbage balls (stuffed with pork mince and cheese). Might make some veg soup in case I can't get by on 2 meals.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
2nd meal will be an experiment of stuffed cabbage balls (stuffed with pork mince and cheese).
Sounds very interesting!
Please tell us more about this if it works out well :)

Reactions: DJC3

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope you feel a bit better soon Ann. Your breakfast sounds yummy.

I decided to have 2 meals today.
Brunch: x3 eggs ommlette with some grated cheese and no added sugar almond milk with a few pieces of chicken in it followed by cup of tea with no sugars almond milk.

Dinner: 4 tablespoons of FF Greek yogurt, 2 blueberries and chia seeds

Last edited:

Onlinecaroline

Breakfast - the usual 3 eggs mashed in a cup with butter

Lunch - packet of cheese chorizo roll ups, sugar free jelly and a Fatt Bar butter cookie.

Dinner - shredded beef joint, in a car zone wrap with guacamole, a drizzle of yoghurt and Siracha, cheese and jalapeños. A DGF cake and a lc truffle.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: tomato, mushroom and cheese omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
Then a big supermarket shop...boy have prices gone up! But at least freezer and cupboards are now full as bought 2 of most things.
A late lunch of 2 cold chipolatas, one cold chicken thigh and small piece of fritatta found hiding at back of fridge.

D: one chicken thigh in an egg wrap with salad. 2sqs 85%

Been experimenting with soemthing to use as a wrap that doesn't take funny ingredients or hassle to make. Nearly there, tonight's was one egg , 30g gouda and teaspoonful seeds blitzed in blender then fried in frying pan. Bit too thick but very close.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds very interesting!
Please tell us more about this if it works out well :)

The stuffed cabbage was nothing to write home about, but it filled a gap. It might have worked better with a stronger tasting meat, like lamb. It also might have been better if I had steamed them for a shorter time. Maybe the soft cheese I used was the wrong thing as well. But as a method for stuffing cabbage it worked fine, ie take the thick stem out of the leaves and blanch to make pliable; dry the leaves thoroughly and place on a piece of clingfilm large enough to wrap the contents; make the meatball into about table tennis ball size and wrap in the cabbage; make a parcel with the clingfilm, twisting at the top to make sure a ball is formed; steam for (maybe) 10 minutes - I left them for just over 15 and they were a bit dry - take out and cool briefly because they will be too hot to handle; once cool enough, unwrap the clingfilm and serve with a suitable sauce - I made a mainly butternut squash sauce to go with it; I also grated some parmesan over the top, but it didn't do much either (may still have some level of loss of taste and smell).

At least the carbs are pretty low today - just some in the butternut sauce and the cabbage.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The stuffed cabbage was nothing to write home about, but it filled a gap.
Aw, too bad they turned out a bit boring, but thanks a lot for the explanation of the technique, it sounds very useful and quite festive, provided the filling is an interesting one!
How do you steam them?

Reactions: DJC3