What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet and yellow glow beginning here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan with a mixed salad came in at 5.8 this am. Should have gone for the smaller portion Mr Greedy.

Carpet ordered - nods of heads all round - ‘expert’ decision on current underlay not needing to be replaced. That’s saved at least five bob. It’s like receiving a CCJ and having it set aside.
Birthday early dinner treat for one of our nieces yesterday - 11th birthday so will be moving to secondary school next term - her class has already had a few visits from her new form teacher and will spend the final week of this term in their new class. Primary and secondary schools are next to each other so not far to go.

Magnolia trees in the park are bursting into flower so art for the next day or two will be trying to get the hang of them. This one is about 5 x 5 inches on a yellowish rice paper that I thought would hold white. Clouds are now burning away in the sky, have a great day, time for some koffy.

upload_2021-5-13_8-8-7.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet and yellow glow beginning here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan with a mixed salad came in at 5.8 this am. Should have gone for the smaller portion Mr Greedy.

Carpet ordered - nods of heads all round - ‘expert’ decision on current underlay not needing to be replaced. That’s saved at least five bob. It’s like receiving a CCJ and having it set aside.
Birthday early dinner treat for one of our nieces yesterday - 11th birthday so will be moving to secondary school next term - her class has already had a few visits from her new form teacher and will spend the final week of this term in their new class. Primary and secondary schools are next to each other so not far to go.

Magnolia trees in the park are bursting into flower so art for the next day or two will be trying to get the hang of them. This one is about 5 x 5 inches on a yellowish rice paper that I thought would hold white. Clouds are now burning away in the sky, have a great day, time for some koffy.

View attachment 49387
Wonderful art, sneaky reference to The Eton Mess and uncannily a similar/exactly the same meal produced a Chelsea type result. Magnolia trees? The pride and joy of my parents was the wonderful Magnolia tree in the front garden. Leaves provided amazing mulch for the flower bed around the base. Sorry @jjraak but for once in my life I wanted A****** to win.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you seen some these cycle runs in the forests of the south of Scotland, muddy?
D.
Yes, I rode what is called the Seven Staines, 7 different sites spent a week doing red and black routes with my son and son in law, exhausting. On the 5th day I crashed on a black route trying to race my son, foolish I know, I broke three ribs, managed to find my way off the mountain on easy tracks. Family thought it very funny and spent the next week trying to make me laugh. :)

Great trails and long nights watching stars under dark skies.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49387
How fast these kids seem to grow these days.

Great Magnolia painting a nice hint of colour on the bud. I look forward to more. Magnolias here have all finished and now green leaved.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful art, sneaky reference to The Eton Mess and uncannily a similar/exactly the same meal produced a Chelsea type result. Magnolia trees? The pride and joy of my parents was the wonderful Magnolia tree in the front garden. Leaves provided amazing mulch for the flower bed around the base. Sorry @jjraak but for once in my life I wanted A****** to win.
Thank for the art comment - interesting that it took mainstream press 7 months or so to report on that Private Eye blockbuster. I wonder if we will end up with Magnolia on the walls in the hallway - Noooooo!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How fast these kids seem to grow these days.

Great Magnolia painting a nice hint of colour on the bud. I look forward to more. Magnolias here have all finished and now green leaved.
Thank you - I had better get on with it then before the flowers fade - I did take a few photos though.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
- some progress back to 'normal' is happening :) sounds like a lot of work for you though.
It will be so lovely for things to be a bit more normal as I have had enough of teaching classes on Zoom but I am not looking forward to the extra work.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, 3 in a row. I hadn't heard of Geoduck before this. Secondly, P:E sounds like the way to go BUT how do I make low fat high protein meat and poultry edible and LC? I can't really stand pepper never mind chilli or Nando's type sauces or are they condiments?. Any ideas for h/m LC sauces - Diet Dr recipes are a total no go for me. TIA
I wondered if you need to go down the low fat high protein meat route as you don't need to lose loads of weight. I am sure that Ted Naiman said that meat like Ribeye steak is fine unless you have lots of weight to lose. That's why I'm am sticking to my shoulder of lamb and Ribeye steak, duck etc. as I am really close to ideal weight.

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wondered if you need to go down the low fat high protein meat route as you don't need to lose loads of weight. I am sure that Ted Naiman said that meat like Ribeye steak is fine unless you have lots of weight to lose. That's why I'm am sticking to my shoulder of lamb and Ribeye steak, duck etc. as I am really close to ideal weight.
Thanks @Krystyna23040. The role of red meat in my WOE has become an issue for me .Not sure I need the sat fat and uncertain of the ecological arguments. Not sure where I stand on either of those.but not comfortable with the meh, it is all propaganda bods As for weight, at 11 st 11 (BMI 25) I feel proper portly because I've been lower but I think I have fallen down a tunnel from reading so much around D and diet over six years. Naiman and others make sense when reading and listening but IRL it never works or tastes great to me. Existential crisis?;)

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. @Muddy Cyclist my fbs are higher at the moment and am wondering if changes in body composition is causing it as I am definitely losing weight around my middle.

Yesterday I couldn't face having eggs again and wondered I could disguise the eggs if I mixed them with psyllium husk powder, lemon juice and inulin. I left the mixture in the fridge and it turned into a batter and I made little pancakes out of it. Stuck a dollop of Greek yogurt on top. Success - eggs disguised and although not like real pancakes was actually OK.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040. The role of red meat in my WOE has become an issue for me .Not sure I need the sat fat and uncertain of the ecological arguments. Not sure where I stand on either of those.but not comfortable with the meh, it is all propaganda bods As for weight, at 11 st 11 (BMI 25) I feel proper portly because I've been lower but I think I have fallen down a tunnel from reading so much around D and diet over six years. Naiman and others make sense when reading and listening but IRL it never works or tastes great to me. Existential crisis?;)
Yes, I am not sure either of the ecological arguments regarding eating red meat. Am trying to only eat grass fed beef and have switched to organic whey protein powder and organic eggs also, which hopefully goes a little way towards helping the environment.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. @Muddy Cyclist my fbs are higher at the moment and am wondering if changes in body composition is causing it as I am definitely losing weight around my middle.

Yesterday I couldn't face having eggs again and wondered I could disguise the eggs if I mixed them with psyllium husk powder, lemon juice and inulin. I left the mixture in the fridge and it turned into a batter and I made little pancakes out of it. Stuck a dollop of Greek yogurt on top. Success - eggs disguised and although not like real pancakes was actually OK.
Winner, but hug for the mystery of BG Numbers.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
More uncertainty. Just moved 3 100L bales of bark chip and 3 30L bags of top soil. I needed a sack barrow as I can no longer lift and walk with them but can manipulate them and lift a few inches. Mainly a pride issue but hurts my self esteem massively. Not sure if it is totally the genetic back issue, ageing - I should still be working and doing these things - or almost 18 months of no proper resistance exercise. Chipped off weeds, split and raked over the bark. BG went ballistic then fell sharply which is as expected. NO 10 briefing says don't judge me;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another good ride on new Commonwealth Mountain Bike trails, tried the rock hill climbs today, this one defeated me when I got to the step by the red arrow, carried on after but old legs gave in by the arrow.

IMG_4841.JPG

Out of interest I lost just over 2 kilo on the ride and for some reason 30 minutes after my BG reading came down to 5.1 it usually goes up.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More uncertainty. Just moved 3 100L bales of bark chip and 3 30L bags of top soil. I needed a sack barrow as I can no longer lift and walk with them but can manipulate them and lift a few inches. Mainly a pride issue but hurts my self esteem massively. Not sure if it is totally the genetic back issue, ageing - I should still be working and doing these things - or almost 18 months of no proper resistance exercise. Chipped off weeds, spilt and raked over the bark. BG went ballistic then fell sharply which is as expected. NO 10 briefing says don't judge me;)
I bet in your mind you can still lift them. :) That's what is so frustrating, I have to move heavy objects by bear hugging them and doing a strange shuffling. :banghead:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another good ride on new Commonwealth Mountain Bike trails, tried the rock hill climbs today, this one defeated me when I got to the step by the red arrow, carried on after but old legs gave in by the arrow.

View attachment 49389
Out of interest I lost just over 2 kilo on the ride and for some reason 30 minutes after my BG reading came down to 5.1 it usually goes up.
That 2 kilo needs to be found, hopefully someone will have handed it in. Odd that your BG reading came down when it usually goes up - could it be to do with extra exertion, loss of water (2 kilo loss) and a bit of hypoglycemic action?

Reactions: ianpspurs