What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Struggling to fit a Blue Team PM into that classification as W/C
I suppose a bit like that great red team pretender Harold Wilson and the have you believe underprivileged Mr Corbin. :)

In my book statatesmen are few and far between. Any members of any of the teams who really care about society are quickly dubbed radicals and removed. It's all about power but someone needs to lead so we choose from a bad bunch and hope for the best.

Just to clarify my political standing, I am one of the floating voters not aligned to any party but try, I emphasise TRY, to make sense of what's on offer and how my vote will possibly change things and vote accordingly. Not always the right choice but that's democracy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose a bit like that great red team pretender Harold Wilson and the have you believe underprivileged Mr Corbin. :)

In my book statatesmen are few and far between. Any members of any of the teams who really care about society are quickly dubbed radicals and removed. It's all about power but someone needs to lead so we choose from a bad bunch and hope for the best.

Just to clarify my political standing, I am one of the floating voters not aligned to any party but try, I emphasise TRY, to make sense of what's on offer and how my vote will possibly change things and vote accordingly. Not always the right choice but that's democracy.
I'll PM you so as not to derail here.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Politics is a mess.

How are all these masses going to respond when they continue to find it takes two reasonable incomes to buy a home?

Where final salary pension schemes are a thing of the past and any money one accumulates in life pays for old age care.

Any extra education needed...you will fund...no doubt at high interest, but that 'levelling up' is postponed for a few years.

Some Cons are not happy about the changes in the planning laws...local democracy will have no control over crony favours.

Do I see all the measures needed to tackle climate change being taken?

I don't think I will be voting again, there never is ever enough information to make a binary decision.

Climate change.
Thats just for the bunny huggers.

Can I see ground source heat pumps being bought by us all?

A democratic president in the USA is likely to have all his foresighted measures undone in four years.

The general public do not understand what climate change mitigated by humans means. Planting a few more trees doesnt mitigate a changing climate, we are being conned by politics.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
You guys may remember I probably told you this. When my eldest went to Leeds medical school she had gone to a good comprehensive. Our background was working class and my mother was a widow and poor, my wifes dad was a soldier before and through the war, they also were working class, he was a farm worker.
My daughter was good at science, languages and could have done music on g8 violin.
She believed that doing medicine would help humanity.
Most of the students were male, they went to private or good grammar schools.

They took all of them to see the people living in the back to back houses in Leeds and a lot of the students were amazed people were living like this???
My eldest knew it was a simple answer, "They were poor!"
Nobody chooses to be poor.

We who may have more, need to help others.
Thank God there were wise enough men to start an health service in 1947 because some would never have done it.
D.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am dreading all the floor sanitising as my hall in Norwich is huge. I was exhausted when we were last allowed in our venues.
Our hall will not allow us to do anything in the way of cleaning ,moving chairs all needs to be done by the caretaker who does all the sanitising between groups. Guess we are lucky.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Muddy Cycle ride was muddy. :) New trails were opened today so I did two laps of the trails built for the Mountain Bike races inthe next Commonwealth Games, brilliant,fast and flowing with the odd pile of rocks. I'm sure The entrants into the races will be much faster than I was but in my imagination I was flying....

Only downside is that it's all in forest and so no views.
IMG_4836.JPG

Reactions: mojo37

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

up early and out to the weekly shop as is our habit, don't think I'll go back to 'normal' on that, it's worked better for us this way ;)

Green bin out when we got back then away we went to mum's with her shopping :)

Back home again and had to make a dive for the ringing phone when we came in. Just missed it, Oh Bother!
Next thing is my mobile ringing in the bag I'd dumped on the floor in order to head through to answer the landline, just missed it B***er! :(
Next thing a text incoming, 'please call the health centre about your second vaccine shot'
Called the Health Centre, engaged...mutter mutter....engaged ... mutter mutter :hilarious:
finally my shot is arranged for Friday afternoon :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - hope the bed situation is dried out for tonight but I'm glad Errant is enjoying being back :)

@Krystyna23040 - some progress back to 'normal' is happening :) sounds like a lot of work for you though.

@gennepher - interesting and colourful art, reminds me of an acrylic pour painting, Popeye casting a beady eye over your work I see :joyful:
I hope you are enjoying a relaxing 'me' day :)

@dunelm - I'm loving these latest paintings, today's has so much depth, they should be perfect for framing and display in the revamped hall :) there are some lovely textures in the varied paper's, I like the colour flecked ones especially, I might try getting some similar for ink and wash.

@Muddy Cyclist - the new trails look interesting and testing even if no views, perhaps if you are concentrating on speed and precision for competition a view is a distraction. Give me a view though ;)

art bit -
amongst the paper types I bought is some Hot Press (very smooth surface) Fabriano, I ordered it because I've never tried Hot Press and it was on offer :D

I have 20 quarter imperial sheets and it's probabaly enought to last me for a long time, it's not what I'm used to at all :hilarious:
300gsm 100% cotton, posh deckle edge on some sides and a whopping watermark

here is my first shot on it ;)

upload_2021-5-12_17-40-24.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

up early and out to the weekly shop as is our habit, don't think I'll go back to 'normal' on that, it's worked better for us this way ;)

Green bin out when we got back then away we went to mum's with her shopping :)

Back home again and had to make a dive for the ringing phone when we came in. Just missed it, Oh Bother!
Next thing is my mobile ringing in the bag I'd dumped on the floor in order to head through to answer the landline, just missed it B***er! :(
Next thing a text incoming, 'please call the health centre about your second vaccine shot'
Called the Health Centre, engaged...mutter mutter....engaged ... mutter mutter :hilarious:
finally my shot is arranged for Friday afternoon :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - hope the bed situation is dried out for tonight but I'm glad Errant is enjoying being back :)

@Krystyna23040 - some progress back to 'normal' is happening :) sounds like a lot of work for you though.

@gennepher - interesting and colourful art, reminds me of an acrylic pour painting, Popeye casting a beady eye over your work I see :joyful:
I hope you are enjoying a relaxing 'me' day :)

@dunelm - I'm loving these latest paintings, today's has so much depth, they should be perfect for framing and display in the revamped hall :) there are some lovely textures in the varied paper's, I like the colour flecked ones especially, I might try getting some similar for ink and wash.

@Muddy Cyclist - the new trails look interesting and testing even if no views, perhaps if you are concentrating on speed and precision for competition a view is a distraction. Give me a view though ;)

art bit -
amongst the paper types I bought is some Hot Press (very smooth surface) Fabriano, I ordered it because I've never tried Hot Press and it was on offer :D

I have 20 quarter imperial sheets and it's probabaly enought to last me for a long time, it's not what I'm used to at all :hilarious:

View attachment 49381
I'm with you on the view, bike trail was fun though, will get another go early in the morning I enjoyed it so much.

Hot Pressed Paper I have never managed to get used to. Great flower painting on it though, it will be interested to see how you develope your style on it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not great art today, I lost my house keys and spent the whole afternoon looking for them. I had let myself in after ride so knew they must be in the house somewhere. Even emptied Brown, Green and Blue bins onto drive, YUK! I was about to give up and rush down to Screw Fix to get three new locks, UPVC doors easy to change locks, when something said just pull out the washing machine and drier, phew, there they were on the floor at the back, must have vibrated between counter top and washing machine.

So art is a rushed study of mountain biker in acrylics. Cafe on Cannock Chase wants an A1 size painting to put in the outside shed used by Mountain Bikers, will do some more on it and I have not got the bike proportions quite right and need more of a feeling of speed.

A3 Acrylics on canvas, a rough study......

IMG_4838.JPG

lindisfel

Expert
I'm sure you have the same but we had air con that also heated. Boys stayed up late and left heating on all night regularly. Huge bills for energy - and alcohol:arghh: Would cost a fortune to move drains and eat up the dinky garden here - not worth it- but would solve some issues. Hope the roof delivers an equitable environment for you.

It is going to be a real problem retrofitting some houses. Triple glazing, thicker roof insulation and wall insulation and underfloor insulation.

One cannot replace a gas boiler with a ground or air source heat pump until all the above has been done else it won't keep the house at the correct temperature without a lot of power input which is not the idea.

All this has been promised in the not too distant future.

How I would I get my old cottage done doesn't bear thinking about!
I have a Victorian letter box in the lane side of my house with daily collections..
It's not used sometimes when the wasps take over in summer.
But gives you an idea of age of the house.

I wouldn't trust many of the local plumbers/heating engineers would know how to install a ground source heat pump.

Are all these new staff being trained to deal with climate change, going to have to pay for their own training?
I had to sort out the electrics of new oil boiler my plumber put in a few years ago.
He was about to make me pay for a new three port valve instalation.
D.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure you have the same but we had air con that also heated. Boys stayed up late and left heating on all night regularly. Huge bills for energy - and alcohol:arghh: Would cost a fortune to move drains and eat up the dinky garden here - not worth it- but would solve some issues. Hope the roof delivers an equitable environment for you.
Unfortunately no air con. It must have been so good to have air con in your conservatory.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today, not surprised. Bacon, egg and some Broccoli for meal last night but foolishly I pinched three oven chips off Mrs MC, she warned me, two hours after meal a whopping 8.9 from 3 chips???? :banghead: My body is certainly working different all of a sudden, back to planning and keeping food diaries.

Off on a quick Muddy Cycle Ride once the school run is over, I have to pass two schools on the 400 meter of road I use to get to the bridleway, it's a risk life and limb if you time passing them wrongly, parents and cars. Can't resist another ride on the new commonwealth mountain bike trail. :)

Then Tesco run.

Keep safe and I hope the day brings peace and enjoyment to you.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today, not surprised. Bacon, egg and some Broccoli for meal last night but foolishly I pinched three oven chips off Mrs MC, she warned me, two hours after meal a whopping 8.9 from 3 chips???? :banghead: My body is certainly working different all of a sudden, back to planning and keeping food diaries.

Off on a quick Muddy Cycle Ride once the school run is over, I have to pass two schools on the 400 meter of road I use to get to the bridleway, it's a risk life and limb if you time passing them wrongly, parents and cars. Can't resist another ride on the new commonwealth mountain bike trail. :)

Then Tesco run.

Keep safe and I hope the day brings peace and enjoyment to you.
Have you seen some these cycle runs in the forests of the south of Scotland, muddy?
D.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

art bit -

View attachment 49381

Thank you @geefull - quite a lot of sample papers received - some more interesting than others. Hot Press paper - very smooth? A good start with your flowers - hope to see more.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not great art today, I lost my house keys and spent the whole afternoon looking for them. I had let myself in after ride so knew they must be in the house somewhere. Even emptied Brown, Green and Blue bins onto drive, YUK! I was about to give up and rush down to Screw Fix to get three new locks, UPVC doors easy to change locks, when something said just pull out the washing machine and drier, phew, there they were on the floor at the back, must have vibrated between counter top and washing machine.

So art is a rushed study of mountain biker in acrylics. Cafe on Cannock Chase wants an A1 size painting to put in the outside shed used by Mountain Bikers, will do some more on it and I have not got the bike proportions quite right and need more of a feeling of speed.

A3 Acrylics on canvas, a rough study......

View attachment 49382
Congratulations for winning the Keygate challenge. Rushed study is fast and vibrant, full of movement - fabulous advertisement for the new trail.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Ascension Day in old money but whatever title the day has and faith or not, today is another chance to do things better or just as perfectly as always. @Muddy Cyclist I feel your pain over body responding differently. Avoid schools like the plague, they drag one in and hold one prisoner for decades- four in my case. My fbg was 5.2 on Swipey - totally unimpressed but part of an impressive piece of abstract art on which I currently gaze and think what the chuff is this all about? No 2 granddaughter today, No 4 has swapped days at Nursery as she is a big gel of two tomorrow and mum and dad are taking her to the zoo. That, tea and hope will be God's gifts to me for now. Have a fab day - or Magnum or any other sweet ice treat. Mivvis, who remembers they?

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967