What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 for me
FB_IMG_1563172581381.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today. Sea Bass and stirfry greens last night must have had some effect.

Friends popping in after lunch for garden meeting I hope it stays dry.

Battery very low, iPad not mine, so will catch up later.

Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all from a damp West Suffolk - Forest Heath as was sounds better to me. Wholly sub-optimal 5.2 from my truculent Swipey. 1 or more, maybe all, of Swipey, my body or diet is dysfunctional but 'tis salmon salad day, @karen8967 's meme day (thanks,babe) and my granddaughter is 2 today so who gives an expletive? @geefull wavy or not that'll do me nicely. @Muddy Cyclist I'm delighted for you that your fbg is as ordered. I've noticed Amazon sometimes deliver people the wrong size fbg;) @lindisfel, see darkly? Either only too clearly or both me and the glass urgently need to go to the repair shop. I've missed a few of y'all so sorry. Pip Pip Old Toots.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Lovely new conservatory roof fitted yesterday. Re-wrote guidelines for starting back safely at venues. Much more concise and less dictatorial than my first attempt. So a good day yesterday.

Today another really busy day. Taking dogs for their wash and brush up this morning and while waiting for them will wander around our local market town. Our first proper visit since last year. Other stuff is also scheduled that must be done today.

Also am seeing nurse later on to have new dressing on head and in between all this have unwisely shoe horned some 1:1s. When will I ever learn. After classes this evening I shall be shattered.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Lovely new conservatory roof fitted yesterday. Re-wrote guidelines for starting back safely at venues. Much more concise and less dictatorial than my first attempt. So a good day yesterday.

Today another really busy day. Taking dogs for their wash and brush up this morning and while waiting for them will wander around our local market town. Our first proper visit since last year. Other stuff is also scheduled that must be done today.

Also am seeing nurse later on to have new dressing on head and in between all this have unwisely shoe horned some 1:1s. When will I ever learn. After classes this evening I shall be shattered.
Wow - multum in parvo.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been trying to decide on the best background, I felt yesterday's was too abstract so looking for ideas that suggest Cannock Chase....no cyclist in these.....

View attachment 49396
Or
View attachment 49395
I think I prefer the top one in the mist, adapted to get the Mountain Biker in the middle ground before the foreground fallen trees.
The top one in the mist comes in a wheel ahead

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I am late to the party today.

Had to go out and do some messages this morning and collect stuff. But the stuff hadn't been delivered and won't be for nearly 3 weeks. Traffic was heavy and delayed. Then finally I had to collect my medicines, but they weren't ready, so I went back to the car to wait.

So I got the iPad out and began this black and white drawing of outside the health centre. A few hundred people queuing in 3 separate directions for the same small door at the end of that building on the right. My chemist was behind the lady on the left using her phone. Too many people, too close together for too long.

I waited for ten minutes while drawing this on my iPad, then the lady waved from the door at the chemist, and these queues had not moved an inch, but grown longer and longer.....

I finished this off at home just now.

I was shattered when I got home. This morning took twice as long as it should have done. I had a headache by this time, and so dozed on and off all afternoon, then I remembered to finish this...

I don't have the energy to read through all these posts today, so I will play catch up in the morning. I had a glance through, and I noticed @Muddy Cyclist 's painting which reminded me of Italian Futurism. And I liked it very much...but I will look better in the morning and comment then...I am just too tired...

View attachment 49398
Some days you get the feeling that you are walking backwards - good use of time though and a super B&W, reminds me of screen prints.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

charity volunteering day today again, feels really tiring after so long away from it but we'll get used to it again and the exercise is beneficial ;)

Quite chilly again today and threatened rain all day but, since we were inside most of the day it didn't matter, felt sorry for the caravan dwellers though.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely study, filled with life and colour. As for the two backgrounds I'm in agreement with you there, they are both well painted but the first probably matches the ethos of mountain biking better and has a pleasing strength :)

Glad you enjoyed your revisit to the bike trails, I must say that rock climbing looks like hard work ;)

@dunelm - lovely magnolias, the yellow paper makes a pleasing background and you have managed to capture the sort of heavy delicacy their petals have. We have only just got to the stage of apple/pear blossom on our trees here.

@lindisfel - sounds like an enjoyable morning trip ;)

@gennepher - that's a fantastic sketch but I'm sending a big hug for the tiring morning and the headache it caused :sorry:

art bit -

I think this is done on a piece of the Fabriano studio, the tape I used to tape it down didn't stick so it's wavy at the top as well as the bottom :D

View attachment 49400
Thank you @geefull - The seasons, I am lead to believe, move north at about 1.9mph so it’s always on it’s way.
That tape was never going to stick to such a blustery day - wonderful colours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a day of quiet anticipation here in the dark and dangerous noth
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese and cauliflower greens sautéed with wild mushrooms, wild garlic and bacon came in at 4.8 this am.

A day of garden tasks yesterday and a bit of foraging. Managed to get the pump going in the water barrel trickle thing that plays havoc with the connection between ear and bladder. I could boast about my fettling skills but really it was the an aquatic version of ‘hit it with a hammer’. Couple of planters filled with the latest of Mrs Miggins’ purchases and then a walk round a local wood where wild garlic grows in abundance at this time of year - and sometimes edible fungi.

Youngest son tells me that they are now receiving orders from Airbus who seem to be ramping up production. I wonder when we will soon be forced onto electric planes or planes powered by govt hot air.

Another magnolia on some rice paper called Peach Mulberry - again 6 x 4. Have a fruity Friday - I shall have koffy.

upload_2021-5-14_8-32-5.jpeg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings one and all from a damp West Suffolk - Forest Heath as was sounds better to me. Wholly sub-optimal 5.2 from my truculent Swipey. 1 or more, maybe all, of Swipey, my body or diet is dysfunctional but 'tis salmon salad day, @karen8967 's meme day (thanks,babe) and my granddaughter is 2 today so who gives an expletive? @geefull wavy or not that'll do me nicely. @Muddy Cyclist I'm delighted for you that your fbg is as ordered. I've noticed Amazon sometimes deliver people the wrong size fbg;) @lindisfel, see darkly? Either only too clearly or both me and the glass urgently need to go to the repair shop. I've missed a few of y'all so sorry. Pip Pip Old Toots.
happy birthday wishes for granddaughter ian xx

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday to granddaughter - she won’t mind if you don’t have jelly and ice cream, tis just a trifle when you are so young.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday to granddaughter - she won’t mind if you don’t have jelly and ice cream, tis just a trifle when you are so young.
Thank you on her behalf. She's orf to the zoo - by appointment only. Lions and tigers now unionised. Very miffed when we face timed here en route - disturbed her watching Toy Story but she graciously tolerated us for a minute or two. She loves watching Madagascar so she may be ultra miffed when the animals don't sing and dance:woot:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly rehab does take time but you will get there.
Thank you @Krystyna23040 .

yes that does seem to be the case for many.

just have to push myself that little more, to get back to my younger more limber self.:D

just hate the stairs, and how no matter how 'Fit' i feel otherwise, it's a constant reminder,
i ain't there, yet...:sorry:
Takes the shine off the day slightly.

anyway, thank you for the encouragement.

Have a good un :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Youngest son tells me that they are now receiving orders from Airbus who seem to be ramping up production. I wonder when we will soon be forced onto electric planes or planes powered by govt hot air.

View attachment 49409

all alternatives have a down side
Solar powered means no flights at night,

Electric, ...never had a power cut...:woot:

but AirBag powered...NO WAY

Admittedly the House is FULL of it,
but have you seen how much it costs to produce..:wideyed:

Billions, absolute BILLIONS.

Naw, we'd be better off putting solar sails on planes and using catapults to get em up there, so they can Glide to their respective airport destinations ;)

Last edited: