What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

992947x

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2 this morning. Not as good as yesterday, but good on average. I still worry about hypos with my insulin (which I have just started taking again) so am reluctant to inject as much as I need to sometimes. I did go down to 4 yesterday (during the day), which makes me feel ill, and can't concentrate, as I am used to it being much higher than that, so it affected my regieme for the rest of the day. Went to bed at 5.2, woke up at 7.2.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
5.4 which was a nice surprise. Still feeling ropey so didn’t eat much yesterday.
@Providence 62 I hope your exams went well, you have worked hard preparing for them, so best of luck for the results. Good BG control under the stress too.
Thanks @DJC3 it was pretty tough, haven't taken exams for 20 years. Results due in July, so a while off.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.9 today.
Going to have to rethink this , have increased protein, reduced fat, and only carbs from vegetables last few weeks. Probably got it wrong. Going back to a cheese and bacon with butter on veg sort of diet, and doing more research before making changes again. Of course, another variable is the seasonal allergies. There could be other factors I am not even aware of. Life with T2 is a perplexing conundrum at times. :banghead:
I was doing the same thing, just about eating carnivore every day for quickness. Bloods were fairly ok but on the high side of what I like to see; hovering around low 6s high 5s during the day. Last couple of days I have have reduced my protein considerably had broccoli and spinach cheese bake the first day and yesterday it was leek and mushroom cheese bake. Likely my cholesterol will be shooting for the stars as both are made with cream, butter and cheese, but I don't care - bloods were 4.7 at lunchtime. - definitely an improvement - a conundrum and always perplexing.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Slept in a bit today so it was 7.2 at 8.45. 6.5 yesterday at 7.30, amazing how quickly it rises in the morning if I don't hit the insulin fast! Lovely here with no rain, off out on the bike to go and see a friend and sit in her garden putting the world to rights. Hope everyone is having a good bank holiday weekend.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
7.2 last two mornings. I'm still taking 30mg diamcron my 2 hour BGL 6.8 and and 5.7 that's even eating buttered sourdough bread with my eggs I scrambled with cream. Except my morning BSL levels are still high for my liking.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 for me
FB_IMG_1613576559657.jpg

tillie08

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi There, my blood sugars are normally between 4 & 6 in a morning. This morning i was 5.4 which is fine for me.

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?[/QUOTE]