What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040
I have an app where I key in what I eat to check those sneaky carbs. I don’t do it every day. That becomes a chore and boring. But every time I think I have gone off track a couple of days, I open up the app and key in my food, and then when I get a feel of around 5 carbs again, then it might be awhile before I use that app again.

Edit: I want to keep my feet and my eyes so that is my motivation.
Yes @gennepher - keeping feet and eyes is a huge motivation to keep carbs low. I use Fatsecret every day to plan my meals but have never managed to drop as low as 5g. At 20g I can still have my kefir, Yeo Valley organic Greek Yoghurt, ground flaxseeds and a few berries. I really admire your ability to stay as low as 5g - as yet I haven't managed it.

Luckily - just in time - I caught predictive text trying to substitute another word for organic. Predictive Text has been good for a while, but now I think it is trying to get me into trouble with the Mods.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Errant has difficulty hunting, he cannot run fast, or jump and has many broken teeth. Even opening a bin bag is a struggle for him.... He needs to lose weight because he had a heart condition. The extra weight is causing it to work harder.
I am guessing he almost doubled his weight since we first knew him as a skinny, scruffy stray.
Errant is a really lucky cat that he has such caring owners after being a stray for so long.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.4 today

I still find our volunteering day tiring but we're getting more used to it again. I tend to fall asleep in the evening after we get home :sorry:

Don't know what it is about the lockdown but after the grand piano donation the other week there was an upright piano and an electric organ in the big shed yesterday (I saw that grin you lot, don't get me into trouble with the mods :D :angelic:)

Mr gee helped the furniture volunteers to check and clean them.

I do join you in wishing that our doctor's would have got their act together in a more timely way. I spent a lot of my adult life getting more and more overweight and being told I was lazy and eating too much. You can tell they don't believe you when you say you're sticking to their dietary advice :(

My diaversary was on the 31st of May and you friendly people have been such a help and support to me. Keeping your eyes and feet in good order certainly does concentrate the mind wonderfully.

Hope your day is treating you as well as you could wish :)

@gennepher - I'm late to the group but I'm sending hugs, how dreadful of your AH neighbour :( I do hope that you get some satisfaction although it can not replace what has been lost.

I'm impressed with your plans to mitigate some of the lost privacy and I'm enjoying your paintings inspired by Lin Fengmian, your birds painting has a lovely delicate layered foliage background and your sunflowers are brave and determined (rather like you :) ).

@dunelm - more effective monoprints, that technique is certainly proving inspirational, your bird is very strong and I absolutely love your loose floral brush painting today, so airy :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - I have the greatest respect and admiration for your grit and determination in tackling your diagnosis :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely looking firm sand for a ride :)

Two great plein air rock pool sketches today, I love the way you use colour and bring it into your work.
Well done to Bella :joyful:

@ianpspurs - please give my good wishes to Julie, how unfortunate, I hope it is not too complex an injury and will settle down and mend quickly.

art bit - I hope this loads ok, the first couple of tries I it told me the file was too big even though it was less than 500mb :sorry:

upload_2021-6-4_20-51-20.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O
I have the greatest respect and admiration for your grit and determination in tackling your diagnosis
Thank you @geefull
I do join you in wishing that our doctor's would have got their act together in a more timely way. I spent a lot of my adult life getting more and more overweight and being told I was lazy and eating too much. You can tell they don't believe you when you say you're sticking to their dietary advice :(
If only our doctors had realised that it was their dietary advice that was causing our problems.

I do love your painting. It reminds me of of a holiday we spent in Ireland.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper Katz Deli yogurt then. Fage doesn't reach those heights for me.
I really do love Yeo Valley Organic Greek yoghurt. It has got a great taste. I also use Yeo Valley Organic milk to make the Kefir. It makes the best Kefir out of all the different milks I have used.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Sun is out.
I have already been out since 4am, working on the privacy between me and AH new neighbour. It involves camouflage netting, ivy and honeysuckle taken from my front garden, I have thrown some old dried beans there (they will be eager to sprout), and copious amounts of Buddliea branches from my white Buddliea tree. The camouflage netting, although looks a bit weird, does the privacy job brilliantly, and will work until the rest of that vegetation can grow and do it's work. I am just using whatever plants or vegetation I have to hand.

I also brought a couple of cheap beach parasols, nice and garish and bright and cheerful...and they will go behind my bench in the back garden where I like to sit for a bit of the day, but am now unable to because my back is to where the AH new neighbour has exposed by cutting down my garden, I never ever sit anywhere with my back exposed, I need it by a wall (or something) because with being deaf I have no idea if someone is behind me... So, with the camouflage netting and parasols, I shall see if it does the job later today.

Consequently, my hands are extremely unsteady, and it shows in my painting this morning in ZenBrush3
But hey, this is a loose interpretation of Lin Fengmian's sunflowers!

View attachment 49777
Well done @gennepher. You have definitely worked out just how to get your privacy back and done an impressive amount of work to achieve it.

Plus you have done a lovely painting.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jelly babies in the cooler section of my cart bag and two bottles of water to try and stay hydrated! Oh and to my immense amusement (and I was actually quite impressed too) the gold club laid on a 'loo buggy' at the 9th hole for anyone playing on the ladies days to quickly drive back to the club house and back before carrying on. More clubs should do this.
You are right. The loo buggy is such a good idea.
I used to carry jelly babies with me when I was injecting insulin. The only problem was that I love jelly babies and it took so much willpower to stop myself eating them when I didn't need them.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @jjraak. She broke the other ankle in 2012 which was part of a horrendous year culminating May 8th 2013. That required an operation and metal plate. This one may not according to hospital but ortho team will contact us maybe Monday. Yesterday, she fell/tripped in a badly disguised hole where part of a kerb edge was missing and filled with dust/dirt. A delivery lorry blocked the path. She was on the way to watch Frozen, outdoors in St Albans with DIL and 2 grandchildren. competition win and favour for No 3 son:arghh:. Stopped as gels wanted something from garage shop or she needed fuel or pregnant DIL needed comfort break - or all of the above. Lorry driver helped her up, she complained to the manager of shop - meh quoth he. Carried on, drove home. Many hrs later at West Suffolk hospital (roof supported by many acrows, eh Matty) foot in special boot. I think this is basically all part of a disastrous move and most days are BOHICA but I am not the most happy chap by nature.
I agree with @jjraak - Julie is a real tough cookie to have driven that far with a broken ankle.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I still find our volunteering day tiring but we're getting more used to it again. I tend to fall asleep in the evening after we get home :sorry:

Don't know what it is about the lockdown but after the grand piano donation the other week there was an upright piano and an electric organ in the big shed yesterday (I saw that grin you lot, don't get me into trouble with the mods :D :angelic:)

My diaversary was on the 31st of May and you friendly people have been such a help and support to me. Keeping your eyes and feet in good order certainly does concentrate the mind wonderfully.

@gennepher - I'm late to the group but I'm sending hugs, how dreadful of your AH neighbour :( I do hope that you get some satisfaction although it can not replace what has been lost.

I'm impressed with your plans to mitigate some of the lost privacy and I'm enjoying your paintings inspired by Lin Fengmian, your birds painting has a lovely delicate layered foliage background and your sunflowers are brave and determined (rather like you :) ).

@dunelm - more effective monoprints, that technique is certainly proving inspirational, your bird is very strong and I absolutely love your loose floral brush painting today, so airy :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - I have the greatest respect and admiration for your grit and determination in tackling your diagnosis :)

Two great plein air rock pool sketches today, I love the way you use colour and bring it into your work.

@ianpspurs - please give my good wishes to Julie, how unfortunate, I hope it is not too complex an injury and will settle down and mend quickly.

art bit - I hope this loads ok, the first couple of tries I it told me the file was too big even though it was less than 500mb :sorry:

View attachment 49795
Thank you @geefull and what a smashing landscape from you today. Those little touches such as the fence and those tiny red flowers help to give it interest.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another promise of azure here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken salad came in at 5.1 this am

The ninky nonks are going home this morning. Mrs Miggins will be taking them to the half way handover point on her own. I am at the GP surgery, we have 600 vaccines to give out to lucky winners - most will be second vaccines but there will be some younger people. Having had loads of practice so with the waiting room now being used as a concertina conga line and the paperwork and live reporting to NHS England we should be whisking them through. Just need to give my cattle prod a final charge!

Hope that everyone has a pleasant Saturday and can stay away from tourist hoards. Koffy time.

upload_2021-6-5_6-50-12.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49795
Thank you.

A superb landscape, I do likeold cottages in paintings, I can't paint them, yours always seem to sit so well in your landscapes and that tree suggests the age of the cottage, nice foreground also.

Reactions: ianpspurs