What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.6 at 0430, off to Lincoln for a few days with work, so up early.

Walking a fair bit each day, knee still not happy running regularly, frustrating but may just have to rest it completely for a few weeks if no improvement soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another Tuesday? We had one last week - change the channel. 4.8 from Swipey, menu copied and pasted in Cronometer with tweaks. See what 18.5 gms carb does - 21.8 yesterday. Sort of P:E is taking off weight but no noticeable bg control. I'll book a bloods test today - first since election day 2019:bigtears: @DJC3 :woot:for the sun; @HeliGary, yep rest that knee; @PenguinMum what a trooper you are but get that walk in before it is too hot. @Estragon I've finally clicked re border:banghead: @karen8967 glad it is not jelly baby territory. TTFN

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So what to report, couldn't get to sleep last night don't know if it was the late night coffee (don't normally drink coffee) or the stonker of a head cold I still have. Abandoned the effort something after 03:30 and got up, decided to take bloods out of interest at 03:47 - these came in at 4.9. Not sure if they count not having been to sleep. Returned to bed around 5:00 and got some sleep by elevating my pillows, got up around 08:00 this morning, bloods 5.4 so not bad at all and better than they have been. The way my body behaves at times is certainly a mystery.

Reactions: DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 at 6AM. I broke fast at 44 hours mark yesterday although not because I was hungry or anything - I just could not resist the smell of almond flour based banana bread my dear wife baked. Once I broke the fast I figured might as well eat some food. So fasting day today now.

menu copied and pasted in Cronometer with tweaks

What do you mean by this? Is that some sort of calibration you apply to reading from Swipey?
Not sure if they count not having been to sleep.

Actually based on what I have read these do count and those are some good numbers that you can be proud of despite the lack of sleep. I hope the sleep situation was a one off and you get better sleep tonight.

6.6 happy to be in the 6's
This is brilliant, so happy for you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 at 6AM. I broke fast at 44 hours mark yesterday although not because I was hungry or anything - I just could not resist the smell of almond flour based banana bread my dear wife baked. Once I broke the fast I figured might as well eat some food. So fasting day today now.

What do you mean by this? Is that some sort of calibration you apply to reading from Swipey?

Actually based on what I have read these do count and those are some good numbers that you can be proud of despite the lack of sleep. I hope the sleep situation was a one off and you get better sleep tonight.

This is brilliant, so happy for you.
Cronometer is the App I use to plan/analyse my menu each day. Since it (menu) varies little from day to day - if I can possibly help it - I copy and paste the food and apply any tweaks I feel I need. This was yesterday. Today will be the same with <Fage and Raspberries.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-07 09.22.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-07 09.22.16.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cronometer is the App I use to plan/analyse my menu each day. Since it (menu) varies little from day to day - if I can possibly help it - I copy and paste the food and apply any tweaks I feel I need. This was yesterday. Today will be the same with <Fage and Raspberries.
Maybe I didn't need to tweak my menu. I checked and yesterday and today I used 6 shots of full sugar - 79% carb - caramel syrup in the coffee I have with F, R and flaxseed to break 17-18 hr fast:banghead:. Up and down like an inverted V - .4 rise over 2 hrs. Not happy but coffee tasted good (bonus).

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.4 - “Stand away from the Fence Line!”

Been awake since 2am. However... now the Sun’s coming up, birds are making a racket, seeing an Ole Buddy today in our garden that’s got a full-on exploding, floral exuberance and now... my coffee is calling me and my garden recliner beckons me too!

Have a great Summer’s Day y’ll.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today hurrah. The 2 hrs lawn mowing yesterday seems to have done the trick for now.
Off for my EEG this morning and then I can stop self isolating which will be a relief.