What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at 6AM although overnight average was 6.6 and it did go into 8s for about an hour 4AM and 5AM.

Now I did eat a lot more carbs yesterday... half slice of a normal bread cheese toast, a bowl of potato chips and one naan bread so I was fully prepared to see the morning reading to even be in 9s and an average in 7s or 8s... considering all my sins of yesterday, 5.4 is a brilliant result as is the overnight average of 6.6.

However, its fasting today so should give body more time to expel the bad stuff inside.

Have a great start of the week everyone. :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Tryed a tiny bit of gravey yesterday on my basic turky dinner and bloods went up a bit (was 4.2 at 12 midday when i checked at 4.30 was 8.6). Not sure if it was a inaccurate reading as i should have done another check just to make sure and i didnt check what my level was before the meal so a bit of a rookie mistake. Still learning :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Tryed a tiny bit of gravey yesterday on my basic turky dinner and bloods went up a bit (was 4.2 at 12 midday when i checked at 4.30 was 8.6). Not sure if it was a inaccurate reading as i should have done another check just to make sure and i didnt check what my level was before the meal so a bit of a rookie mistake. Still learning :)
All good in the hood @ultradad. Six years in and I still can't find a gravy/sauces/ragu workaround - except avoid hot/warm cooked food wherever possible. Small glass of red wine and lots of steps/exercise bike afterwards to mitigate damage or just not test anymore is the best I can do so no rookie error at all IMHO.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay @DJC3 - any idea why? Swipey reckons 4.5 - feasible if not necessarily true. 3 days of looking for my reader didn't reveal said device but I did find 2 flying pig ornaments and 2 silver cake knives. No rush but finding our passports would also be useful at some stage.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay @DJC3 - any idea why? Swipey reckons 4.5 - feasible if not necessarily true. 3 days of looking for my reader didn't reveal said device but I did find 2 flying pig ornaments and 2 silver cake knives. No rush but finding our passports would also be useful at some stage.

No, no idea why. It’s like Russian roulette every day.
Passports? Are you hoping to book somewhere exotic?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.7 Hope you're all having a great day.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. We are promised sun and 20C here today so nearly ok. An fbg of 5.3 this morning, unwelcome but seemingly not carb related - about 17 gms yesterday. Today I look after my patient and a far too cute granddaughter - not sure what they have done to deserve that. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 6AM. Overnight average of 5.7.

Yesterday was my eating day so these numbers are a bit of a pleasant surprise especially because I had pizza made from that low carb pizza base and lot of greens.

Have a wonderful day everyone. :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967