What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: fairly early before my cleaner came - bacon and egg
Lunch: hungry because of the early breakfast - pork sausages

Neil was puzzled abut the black pudding because I do have sausages from time to time and British sausages always have some kind of rusk and so wheat. Just realising that I don't do well with sausages either - feeling nauseous and waistband a bit tight again. I'll give the rest of the sausages to No 2 son when he comes to pick up Em this afternoon. Neil checked other black puddings in the supermarket today and they all seem to have wheat in them. So - no more black pudding and no more sausages. Stick to bacon and home cooked meat in future.

Might not feel up to eating again today - had 2 cups of black coffee to try to settle my stomach - hasn't worked. Not sure what I can trust my stomach to accept after these 2 days of reactions. Egg, I suppose, but I already had 2 today. Puzzle.
You can get quite a few GF black puddings online. There's more than a few Scottish ones. Ramsey of Carluke is a nice one (I find that stocked in Dobbies). There's also a GF Stornoway Black pudding & Bury BP also does GF.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wait, there is such a thing as a pie shop??? :wideyed:
I'm not sure if I'm happy I've never heard of one or sad I've never heard of one but I'm pretty sure it's better for my health we don't have such things around here!

Best pies in the Wide Bay from here.

7844cfff840a6b39f8b5c641d29c8ff1

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...t/news-story/22eef59d27a4797e88bf36a8a45cab60

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sausages, eggs, tomatoes for breakfast.
Some chicken wings for lunch with a cuppa soup.
Grilled Barra fillet, and green veggies, a few chips.

I see the new free trade agreement between Australia and the UK was signed by Bozo and Slomo the other day, some thing like 200,000 tonnes of meat extra over the next couple of year, is going to be exported to the UK.

Enjoy.

https://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/agree...uk-fta-negotiations-agreement-principle#goods
I noticed Liz Truss was quite happy to point out to the EU that the imported beef from the EU would fall from 250,000 tonnes to 35,000 tonnes next year. Amazing what a deal with Australia can do.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast 2x CWC, nut granola, 2 eggs scrambled with butter
CWC
Lunch: bread with pâté and salad. CWC Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint, the supermarket had sold out of own brand baguettes. Had to buy the "finest" equivalent artisan bread, irresistible.
Tea
Dinner : chicken and ratatouille, plus a few carrots. Chicken was disappointing, huge fillets shrinking to only-just-adequate. Full of water obviously.
2 glasses of rosé,
Coffee
Snack of cheese
Lemon tea planned for bedtime, which is actually now.:inpain:
@PenguinMum think it is ligament injury. Probably weakened by previous damage. Still at least I know the remedial exercises. It is feeling a bit better tonight.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Two egg cheese omelette with two butcher's sausages and 2 rashers of bacon (air-fried)
Lunch: Chicken breast with mixed salad (peppers, celery, tomato, cucumber) and some Be Good To Yourself coleslaw, followed by some yoghurt, raspberries and blackberries.
Dinner: Chicken breast with the Eat Water Tarka Dal and some leftover cauliflower rice, with a pink lady apple.
Snack: 20g Bourneville, a Coke Zero Cherry can and a Marmite Cheddar Bite serving

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
You all have really great sounding meals! I had the same thing as yesterday, and the day before..

Reactions: Barbara93 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Early breakfast to get organised before going for my blood test. It was just 2 of the remaining RyVita Crackerbreads with sliced tomato. No more wheat after this.

I went to the fish shop - nobody there today so I got straight in. I asked the girl behind the counter if they had any shellfish but she said no. Then she said "we only have scallops", pointing to a plastic box hidden under some other fish. Not sure what she thinks they are, other than shellfish. Maybe she just meant "none in their shells". So I have some scallops for tonight's meal. Also bought some haddock to make big fish fingers to put in the freezer and 2 skate wings - the only 2 bits of skate they had. So I'm OK for fish this week. Now what to have with the scallops to make a meal and not just a starter.

Must go to Charlie Barley (Macleod) - they make the Stornoway black pudding - and see if they have any GF ones Maglil. I find their normal one a bit on the spicy side. I like a mild pepper flavour but they have a lot of pepper in theirs. The one I had last week was from another Stornoway butcher and their spicing is much better for me. Neil found some GF fish fingers in the freezer section at the Co-op, so they're in the freezer now for another occasion.

In today's post - "Grains of Paradise". Sounds suspicious, but it's just another pepper. Not much of a scent, but I'm hopeful of a reasonable flavour. No 2 son delivered it with today's post - and he took away the offending spring roll casings.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DD breakfast sandwich to start the day
Smoked peppered mackerel with rocket and avocado salad for lunch
More mackerel for dinner- locally caught and very fresh. Simply grilled with baked aubergine, kimchi and avocado. A handful of Callebaut 100% cocoa buttons to follow
@Annb I’m glad you got the scallops. I rang the fish man to order skate today (after you’d mentioned it recently). I ended up ordering mackerel, hake and pollock and completely forgot the skate which was my main reason for phoning!
@LaoDan I always think your food looks deliciously fresh and lovely when you’ve posted photos of it.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast today was ham and scrambled eggs sprinkled with nutritional yeast.
Stayed full until around 3:30 then suddenly ravenous so 1/2 pot low fat cottage cheese and some rocket.
Dinner just a couple of hours later was a carnivore one: pork chop. Part of the 1/2 pig we bought from a local farm. Very fatty but delicious. The liver from yesterday’s chicken fried in the pork fat and 1 chipolata.
Trying to increase protein energy ratio but I keep overdoing the fat.
@Annb I’d never heard of grains of selim I’m off to Google it now. Hope your blood test and fish shop foray is successful tomorrow.
@SlimLizzy ouch! Hope you aren’t feeling too battered today.
I just googled it too!

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
b: ff greek with seeds and 2 strawberries ( anyone else finding the quality of strawberries disappointing this year? Going soggy and mouldy after just a day or 2)
L: cold chicken thigh with salad. Hot chocolate made with cream and 90%
D: 6 King prawns, 2 pieces pork belly, broccoli. Half a salted caramel tiramisu !!
Hubby did the shopping again and brought all the wrong things! Think he's doing it on purpose to try to get me walking again quicker.
Send him with a list. You'll still get wrong things but less of them. I also found a click and collect order works reasonably well.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2nd meal (just finished): I made seared scallops with courgette papardelli. The papardelli was heated through with some smoked bacon, spring onions and very thinly sliced carrot (risked my fingers on a mandolin) all fried gently in butter. Then I seared the scallops in the same pan and butter. Then I went and forgot to sprinkle lemon juice over it! 3 scallops and a large serving spoon of the papardelli was enough so I have 3 scallops left which I will have tomorrow (and hopefully remember the lemon). It's ages since I had scallops at a friend's weddingreception and they were not well cooked. I enjoyed these much more.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 18 June - bed 6.4 FBG 6.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with salmon pate.
L. Went to visit sister IL after I dropped the boys off and took 2 SLC not-cross-buns with me which we had with 2 mugs of tea. Black for me as normal.
D. Spent so long with SIL helping her sort out some paperwork (and her mobile) I ended up ordering a take out on the way home for delivery. I ended up with chicken wings with salt & chilli BUT....I also had some of Hubby's chips. I enjoyed the chips. I didn't enjoy the 8.3 going to bed.

@PenguinMum @Annb & @SlimLizzy - I hope you are all feeling better. Still have a few posts to get through though.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 19 June - bed at 8.3 (thanks to Hubby's chips) FBG 7.3. It took until 2pm to get to a more reasonable 5.5.
It's Saturday so it's an even earlier rise to get the boys to their jujitsu plus DIL is taking her Mobile table and treatment stuff as some of them are wanting treatments during the class (adults - not the kids!). Turned out a kid did need treatment as he thought it was a good idea to jump on a moving treadmill when he wasn't being watched, was whipped off by the treadmill and got a nasty cut on his forehead!
B. TAG - no time for anything else
L. Early...2 slices SLC toast with coronation chicken then out for shopping (already been to butcher on way back from jujitsu).
D. My last SLC hot dog . I only had one of the finger rolls left in the freezer so I had 2 hot dogs (one on the finger roll, one not), ketchup, mustard, 1/2 a softened white onion and crispy onion - heaven!! I need to order more of these rolls.
Grenade ice cream bar.

Sunday 20 June - bed 6.8 FBG 6.1

Swimming lesson day.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing at swimming.
D. This morning I seasoned, stuffed and rolled a flank of lamb which slow cooked for 6 hours on a bed of onion, carrot, celery and green beans. It was delicious (Hubby said too fatty but agreed it was really tasty). Next time I'll do it with shoulder of lamb. I had it with a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing. Grenade Ice cream bar. Usual campari and soda earlier.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: LC cauliflower and broccoli cheese with carrots and green beans followed by cherry SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a golf widow for a few days, whilst MrB spends his days zig-zagging his way around a couple of golf courses.

Usual brekkers of kefir, home made yoghurt with stewed yoghurt. Lunch was a ginagerous salad, with some lamb, leftover from Sunday dinner. Salad was home grown leaves, with cherry tomatoes, coleslaw (I really should make that too), dressed with vinaigrette and mayo.

Dinner was a delish vat of stir fry, with the usual suspects, but included home grown red spring onions. It was fried in homemade chilli oil, with a dollop of Nduja and a load of king prawns. I followed that up this evening with raspberries with yoghurt. This batch is extremely thick and delicious. It won't last long!

Tomorrow there will be some cod loin, topped with the Diet Doc crispy chirizo topping @DJC3 mentioned. No idea what else.

MrB has to be extremely careful of fish, so we don't have much at home, so I mainline on it when he is away.