What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You alright down there @karen8967? Jelly baby time?
wasnt too bad ian as im currently not in work so have been getting use to the lower numbers so no jelly babies required i only prefer higher numbers when in work and im actually getting use to the lower ones now,when i return to work will be a different matter i dare say x

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Near Windermere. Postponed from last summer so I hope there isn’t another lockdown that stops us going again.
Lovely area - we’ve stayed in Far Sawrey and Ambleside previously but decided to try the Northern Lakes this time

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Using 2 meters for more information for a while:
Fasting - 89 (Diathrive meter) / 98 (AccuCheck Guide Me meter)

Reactions: ziggy_w

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 6AM, nearly 36 hours into fasting. Overnight average is 5.4.

Had fairly poor quality sleep last night and woke up 3-4 times... the temperature was either too hot or too cold. :banghead:... anyway TGIF.

Have a great Friday everyone. :)

Last edited:

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Last meal yesterday was about 5 o clock.Went for a walk and when i came back didnt feel hungry so its been 13 hrs since i ate. Thought my bloods would have been a bit lower but its still good :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An outrageous 5.7 here. Slew of data suggests buggyMcbugface at work. Avoid trigger foods, whack in Naproxen and litres of Assam 'cos we can't have two immobile old fogies. 2nd week running salmon postponed as a precaution - long, long day ahead. Welcome @TooSweetForMe - nice numbers.

Reactions: TooSweetForMe

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 this morning. I know the care team wants me at a HBA1c of around 48 so I imagine they won't want me in the low 5s regularly.

I think I might have to dial back the Lantus slightly (8 wasn't enough and 10 got me a 5.1 so 9 maybe?) but I'll give it a couple more days before deciding as it could just be an anomaly.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely area - we’ve stayed in Far Sawrey and Ambleside previously but decided to try the Northern Lakes this time
We usually hit the Northern lakes when we go, been trying to book something up but prices are exorbitant at the moment. Probably leave it until September now. Maybe a day trip there instead.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Belated happy birthday. Best time of the year for birthdays.;)
Thanks Ian, fly in the ointment is my annual diabetes review and HbA1c comes around on my birthday and sure enough I got a text from my surgery asking me to arrange this. Just about running for the hills, not about my HbA1c but my lipid results will be forwarded to the hospital and they are definitely NOT going to like them. What a way to spoil a birthday - Bah!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian, fly in the ointment is my annual diabetes review and HbA1c comes around on my birthday and sure enough I got a text from my surgery asking me to arrange this. Just about running for the hills, not about my HbA1c but my lipid results will be forwarded to the hospital and they are definitely NOT going to like them. What a way to spoil a birthday - Bah!
Best wishes for bloods. Pre move I scheduled my bloods for just before my June birthday and Christmas to cut myself some slack. No review since Dec 2019 - tests Monday which I won't be sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia