What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken salad came in at 5.8 this am

Pottering - that was the word yesterday. Lots of petals falling from the roses - red, white, pink, yellow. They wind up through the trees , poke out from under shrubs or stand proudly on their own - and that’s only the ones in the back - Mrs Miggins loves a rose - dead heading and a bit of pruning as you go.
Mr Pickle stayed over last night with one of his footy friends - they are off with dad this morning to the County football presentations. Hope he wins first prize for that Victoria Sponge (never mind it was bought in M&S).

What crazed chimp in the head spots someone buying cigarette rolling papers and thinks, “I bet you can get some ink down on those.” - Art today - a la Rizla+ - those Riz papers manufactured by the Lacroix family - hence the name. Have a wonderful Saturday if you can. Time for some koffy.

View attachment 50370
Wow, that is amazing on that @dunelm
A lot of paintings from one packet....
:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a Forest Heath stubbornly waging a culture war against summer. Just too woke apparently. Men seem to wear shorts, sandals/pool slides (socks?) and assorted gaudy clothing, dine Alfresco and generally spread the love. Not like the old days of knotted hankies, shirt and tie, thick trousers, thermal socks and sensible (in whose eyes?) shoes. Wonderful mixed MATERIALS artwork yesterday @geefull sorry about wifi and funeral. @dunelm it must be a blessing to have Mr Pickle sleep over. Roses? My parents were keen as is Julie. They aren't for me nor is pizza but good news you scratched your pizza itch @jjraak. I hope you go on to perfect the recipe and execute to perfection. Good news on admin and sleep catch up @Krystyna23040. Another masterpiece Popeye. I hope your helper is helped by her meditation. Today is #bedgate day. Another one arriving in readiness for No 3 son, wife and his 3 girls later in the month. Three birthdays on successive weekends. Two here and one in Southampton. Two family gatherings. Minus No 3 son and family for S'oton as a grandson is imminent:woot: Thursday night into yesterday was fraught. 91.6 yo MIL had a mini stroke, probably Wednesday night. Laying on bedroom floor for 24 hrs since last checked. Hitched on bum to phone relative in Wales to let Julie know she had "fallen":arghh: Ambulance called, off to Hospital, checked and home in time for Friday tea. She is a tough one - breast cancer survivor (took Julie's elder sister tragically early), widowed for >40 years, new knee and both hips replaced x2. She may consider not driving now. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are contemplating booking a short cruise on Noah's cruise lines.

Both Mrs J and me and me's would very much like to thank you all for your best wishes yesterday. I would like to say her surgery went well and Mrs J spent the rest of yesterday watching the tennis, more will be revealed when Mrs J has her follow up appointment.

This morning a 7.6 on that grrrrrr meter.........nuff said.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers it's a trifle damp here in Tilehurst Towers never mind, I have plenty of plinky plonky to catch up on, arc's to design while performing all the usual female domestic tasks while Mrs J watches all the sport on the idiot box this weekend, claiming she must rest and relax.

Whoops Mrs J has started, me and me's must depart and make her breakfast, now where did I leave the strychnine, whoops again I meant to type marmite.

Stay safe, stay well, stay apart, ignore the media and blow raspberries at the weather forecast.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are contemplating booking a short cruise on Noah's cruise lines.

Both Mrs J and me and me's would very much like to thank you all for your best wishes yesterday. I would like to say her surgery went well and Mrs J spent the rest of yesterday watching the tennis, more will be revealed when Mrs J has her follow up appointment.

This morning a 7.6 on that grrrrrr meter.........nuff said.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers it's a trifle damp here in Tilehurst Towers never mind, I have plenty of plinky plonky to catch up on, arc's to design while performing all the usual female domestic tasks while Mrs J watches all the sport on the idiot box this weekend, claiming she must rest and relax.

Whoops Mrs J has started, me and me's must depart and make her breakfast, now where did I leave the strychnine, whoops again I meant to type marmite.

Stay safe, stay well, stay apart, ignore the media and blow raspberries at the weather forecast.
Wonderful news so far on repairs to Mrs A J's tennis viewing equipment. I do so hope she will be fully restored for the ho,ho,ho-lympics. I've got you down as a horse ballet kinda guy - on it like a car bonnet. I imagine you insisting on wearing the right kit :angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dunelm,
You could have painted on the old BBC Transmitter group toilet paper!
Trouble was it had "Property of the BBC" on every rasher. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
That's the one Dunelm. They are disgusting, so why did I eat them?
It would be easier if there were no bread, cakes, biscuits, potatoes, icecream etc in the house. However because of his health condition, which is far more serious than mine, MrSlim needs a high carb low protein low salt diet.
So we have lots of things I shouldn't be eating around all the time. Usually can resist, especially as I generally buy items that are not my favourites. However am at an emotional low point - covid regulations are preventing me from going to the family party for my parents 66th anniversary, the fact that two days later I actually could attend does not help - and normality doesn't seem to apply.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher - when the person at the hidden tobacco cave in the supermarket asked me how many I would like, I said to her, “oh, how many sheets are there in a packet?” - bit odd that she didn’t know.
I bought mine at what can only be described as a Middle Eastern emporium @dunelm
The same question elicited his native language response and raised arms and hands palms up, and then "£1 please"
I bought them. They are still sitting on my maybe I will start real painting table someday...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It would be easier if there were no bread, cakes, biscuits, potatoes, icecream etc in the house. However because of his health condition, which is far more serious than mine, MrSlim needs a high carb low protein low salt diet.
So we have lots of things I shouldn't be eating around all the time. Usually can resist, especially as I generally buy items that are not my favourites. However am at an emotional low point - covid regulations are preventing me from going to the family party for my parents 66th anniversary, the fact that two days later I actually could attend does not help - and normality doesn't seem to apply.
I get that @SlimLizzy about the eating of stuff I shouldn't and is no good for me. I succumb from time to time in buying these things telling myself I am in control, I can just eat one, but I fail every time, and I begin working my way down the packet. Just putting them in the bin doesn't work, only dropping them into something unmentionable...there is something in those things that the body craves more of once you start. And it is particularly worse when you are low over something.

Hugs for that injustice of timing that prevents you attending your parent's anniversary.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Exactly.
You have to go to **** to get a full first class in Pratship!
D.
He was accepted at Oxford, as were far too many of his cabinet, and it shows. Some people were accepted at the good one.;)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have a clue about the fillums herein mentioned but the gel has "owned" my MP. Just in case you haven't shopped here, this is a link for the aspirational. Take your time, don't crash the site;)

lindisfel

Expert
He was accepted at Oxford, as were far too many of his cabinet, and it shows. Some people were accepted at the good one.;)
Some people should hide their heads in shame, many of us will not forget how he put a target for the Revolutionary Guard on the back of that poor Anglo Iranian mother.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some people should hide their heads in shame, many of us will not forget how he put a target for the Revolutionary Guard on the back of that poor Anglo Iranian mother.
D.
He has. Stock reply, "I don't recognise that." The man urgently needs the GPS coordinates for The Truth.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday night into yesterday was fraught. 91.6 yo MIL had a mini stroke, probably Wednesday night. Laying on bedroom floor for 24 hrs since last checked. Hitched on bum to phone relative in Wales to let Julie know she had "fallen":arghh: Ambulance called, off to Hospital, checked and home in time for Friday tea. She is a tough one
Your MIL is certainly a tough one. I am glad she is OK now.

Reactions: jjraak