What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friend put his through, failed, result was it needs a cat installing..(stand down Popeye, not THAT type of cat ;) )
t09114.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Late posting today because I had to go out, been asleep since when I got back.

I was out at dawn taking photos of the blinding dawn sun. But when I got back in, the photos were disappointing, and not what I saw. What I saw were all these radial lines emanating from the sun. The photo was wishy washy. So I put it through lens light app to get something like what I saw. And Popeye was asleep on my yellow duvet cover with clouds on it, so I have no idea what he was dreaming about...

C30D8E39-8F18-4217-AB80-E974E7327F0B.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
They sell something that is a cross between a jaffa cake and a fig roll - disgusting - Can you make madeleines using almond flour - (don’t ask the French).
That's the one Dunelm. They are disgusting, so why did I eat them?

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all

had a funny peculiar couple of days really, my network adapter for the computer stated to fail, dropping the wifi connection in ever decreasing time periods so had to be replaced :sorry:

badly needed to get it done before Wednesday because mr gee's cousin who died three weeks ago was being cremated on Wednesday afternoon and, because of the covid regulations, the event was being put out via zoom.

Mum doesn't have internet (too new fangled, she's not even really sure about mobile phones ;)), so we had to do the shopping then pick Mum and Katy up and bring them to our place to watch on my desktop computer. Could probably have linked to it on our tv but negotiating it's wifi interface is an art in itself :hilarious:

Mum was pretty disgusted and I have to say it was by far the worst humanist funeral I've ever attended, the 'celebrant' reminded me of a failing pub comedian :( A difficult experience in many ways.

Thursday was mr gee's dental appointment to get his temp filling replaced with a permanent one and then off to the big shed for volunteering. Car hand brake failed as we got home, you know that slight ping noise accompanying the wrist up under the armpit sensation ;)

A more 'normal' day today thankfully :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - I like your heron and bridge with it's oblivious human ornament ;)

@ianpspurs - blood test results on PE sound good :)

@alf_Josiah - hope it has gone well for mrs J :)

@Krystyna23040 - I'm just very glad you are safe :)

@gennepher - Popeye looks good and cosy and that sunrise is spectacular, it was just uniformly gray here :)

art bit -

a sort of hybrid of watercolour and pen and wash, I believe it's called mixed media now :D

upload_2021-7-9_19-55-55.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all

had a funny peculiar couple of days really, my network adapter for the computer stated to fail, dropping the wifi connection in ever decreasing time periods so had to be replaced :sorry:

badly needed to get it done before Wednesday because mr gee's cousin who died three weeks ago was being cremated on Wednesday afternoon and, because of the covid regulations, the event was being put out via zoom.

Mum doesn't have internet (too new fangled, she's not even really sure about mobile phones ;)), so we had to do the shopping then pick Mum and Katy up and bring them to our place to watch on my desktop computer. Could probably have linked to it on our tv but negotiating it's wifi interface is an art in itself :hilarious:

Mum was pretty disgusted and I have to say it was by far the worst humanist funeral I've ever attended, the 'celebrant' reminded me of a failing pub comedian :( A difficult experience in many ways.

Thursday was mr gee's dental appointment to get his temp filling replaced with a permanent one and then off to the big shed for volunteering. Car hand brake failed as we got home, you know that slight ping noise accompanying the wrist up under the armpit sensation ;)

@gennepher - Popeye looks good and cosy and that sunrise is spectacular, it was just uniformly gray here :)

art bit -

a sort of hybrid of watercolour and pen and wash, I believe it's called mixed media now :D

View attachment 50362
Oh no. Avoid the m***a. I don't think he noticed.:angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
have to agree.

and the sad thing is many would be stopping to see you were ok and to offer help.

I'm always torn if i see someone needing what i think is hel
tho i do bite the bullet and offer anyway,
always take that first note of NO and move on asap.

been rebuffed a few times, had a fair few gracefully decline, with thanks
and some where i was of assistance in some way.

so, worth the risk, cos it helped some.

But yeah, you are right to be wary.

Not ideal, but a handheld alarm kept in the car MIGHT offer some small comfort.
(obv a baseball bat in boot, for JIC moments )

Nice it all worked out,

bet Mr K was worried sick...:wideyed:

take care.
Yes, Mr K was worried sick.

It is kind of you to stop and offer help when people are having problems.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day off, spent doing ....nothing

But I did have a hankering for pizza.
And I did have a cauliflower & mozzeralla recipe.

So made a pepperoni pizza.

Didn't bother weighing everything out
Went with the that looks about right principle.

And has no idea what a 'nut bag" was...

No tittering at the back, please

So cut a corner off a freezer bag, and used that

All in all blooming simple

Ease of recipe...mmh I'd compare it to the time I made mug bread for simplicity.

And no pizza stone ??

And couldn't be A*** with making circles.

Just used greaseproof paper, and went full on "Square" shaped.

Perfect ...no.

Ended up after flipping over to get as crispy as possible, like a slightly undercooked pizza..

You know the type that flops and needs that few fingers at the end to get it safely to your mouth.

Cooked ....and verdict..

Delicious

Hadn't checked bloods, but will do the 2 hour marker or maybe the morning ones, realistically and next time..oh yes there WILL be a next time,
I'll measure properly, just to check for myself.

Recipe

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all

art bit -

View attachment 50362
I've never had a good humanist funeral experience. Sorry yours was not good. Hugs.

Thanks for the painting/photo compliments @geefull
Popeye says Miaow.

I love your mixed media painting. Fresh and uplifting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

it is a dull grey morning, still as the grave, not a breath of wind, no birds at the feeders...
Only one thing I want to do on a day like this is go back to sleep, but before I do here is Popeye and friend....

7A5753ED-FE76-4B50-B6DB-C26D090D163D.jpeg

Maybe a meditation will perk me up...

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Late posting today because I had to go out, been asleep since when I got back.

I was out at dawn taking photos of the blinding dawn sun. But when I got back in, the photos were disappointing, and not what I saw. What I saw were all these radial lines emanating from the sun. The photo was wishy washy. So I put it through lens light app to get something like what I saw. And Popeye was asleep on my yellow duvet cover with clouds on it, so I have no idea what he was dreaming about...

View attachment 50360
Lens light worked it’s magic. Good story telling.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A day off, spent doing ....nothing

But I did have a hankering for pizza.
And I did have a cauliflower & mozzeralla recipe.

So made a pepperoni pizza.

Didn't bother weighing everything out
Went with the that looks about right principle.

And has no idea what a 'nut bag" was...

No tittering at the back, please

So cut a corner off a freezer bag, and used that

All in all blooming simple

Ease of recipe...mmh I'd compare it to the time I made mug bread for simplicity.

And no pizza stone ??

And couldn't be A*** with making circles.

Just used greaseproof paper, and went full on "Square" shaped.

Perfect ...no.

Ended up after flipping over to get as crispy as possible, like a slightly undercooked pizza..

You know the type that flops and needs that few fingers at the end to get it safely to your mouth.

Cooked ....and verdict..

Delicious

Hadn't checked bloods, but will do the 2 hour marker or maybe the morning ones, realistically and next time..oh yes there WILL be a next time,
I'll measure properly, just to check for myself.

Recipe
Excellent recipe must try it on the grandkids - put the baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes to get really hot before carefully sliding on the pizza on it’s greaseproof paper - I use one of those mesh things instead of a baking tray - seems to work.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

it is a dull grey morning, still as the grave, not a breath of wind, no birds at the feeders...
Only one thing I want to do on a day like this is go back to sleep, but before I do here is Popeye and friend....

View attachment 50369

Maybe a meditation will perk me up...
Similar morning here but lots of sparrows at the feeders. Hello Popeye and friend.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all

art bit -

View attachment 50362
Hug for the wifi and funeral issues and thank you for your kind art comments. Lovely mixed media painting from you, clean, fresh, well balanced and just the right amount of work.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken salad came in at 5.8 this am

Pottering - that was the word yesterday. Lots of petals falling from the roses - red, white, pink, yellow. They wind up through the trees , poke out from under shrubs or stand proudly on their own - and that’s only the ones in the back - Mrs Miggins loves a rose - dead heading and a bit of pruning as you go.
Mr Pickle stayed over last night with one of his footy friends - they are off with dad this morning to the County football presentations. Hope he wins first prize for that Victoria Sponge (never mind it was bought in M&S).

What crazed chimp in the head spots someone buying cigarette rolling papers and thinks, “I bet you can get some ink down on those.” - Art today - a la Rizla+ - those Riz papers manufactured by the Lacroix family - hence the name. Have a wonderful Saturday if you can. Time for some koffy.

upload_2021-7-10_6-58-39.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Surprisingly I got all the admin done. Mr K took the dogs out to give me more time to do it because lack of sleep definitely slowed me down. Had a really good nights sleep last night so back to normal dog walk this morning.