What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
covid regulations are preventing me from going to the family party for my parents 66th anniversary, the fact that two days later I actually could attend does not help
That is such a shame. It definitely makes it feel much worse knowing that 2 days later you could have attended.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. We are visiting Oxburgh Hall today. Looking forward to a relaxed walk around the woods and parkland. Weather looks good this morning but will pack a lightweight mac just in case.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a Forest Heath stubbornly waging a culture war against summer. Just too woke apparently. Men seem to wear shorts, sandals/pool slides (socks?) and assorted gaudy clothing, dine Alfresco and generally spread the love. Not like the old days of knotted hankies, shirt and tie, thick trousers, thermal socks and sensible (in whose eyes?) shoes. Wonderful mixed MATERIALS artwork yesterday @geefull sorry about wifi and funeral. @dunelm it must be a blessing to have Mr Pickle sleep over. Roses? My parents were keen as is Julie. They aren't for me nor is pizza but good news you scratched your pizza itch @jjraak. I hope you go on to perfect the recipe and execute to perfection. Good news on admin and sleep catch up @Krystyna23040. Another masterpiece Popeye. I hope your helper is helped by her meditation. Today is #bedgate day. Another one arriving in readiness for No 3 son, wife and his 3 girls later in the month. Three birthdays on successive weekends. Two here and one in Southampton. Two family gatherings. Minus No 3 son and family for S'oton as a grandson is imminent:woot: Thursday night into yesterday was fraught. 91.6 yo MIL had a mini stroke, probably Wednesday night. Laying on bedroom floor for 24 hrs since last checked. Hitched on bum to phone relative in Wales to let Julie know she had "fallen":arghh: Ambulance called, off to Hospital, checked and home in time for Friday tea. She is a tough one - breast cancer survivor (took Julie's elder sister tragically early), widowed for >40 years, new knee and both hips replaced x2. She may consider not driving now. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
Blimey, one tough MIL there and pleased that the outcome was positive. My mum fell in her garden last summer - 40 degrees and over an hour to drag herself inside - my parents are now not to venture into the garden on their own and must have a mobile phone with them - such is aging.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1 at 1am
Been awake since then. No problems, just been awake. So read, researched, and photographed. Didn't feel like painting this morning, hands a bit wobbly. I think my hands need a sleep!
I was sitting on my thatched swing reading my iPad when I looked up and less than a metre in front of me were these sparrows feeding. They were not fazed by me being there. So, very slowly I put iPad down, reached slowly for my phone (holding up large iPad to take photos would have caused the sparrows to flee). Made sure my hand was covering the back of my phone camera (it is black, and that causes the birds to flee also, but not my pink hand), and took loads photos and videos!

7D2B17EC-D34F-4212-80EE-1CB53D38E582.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another masterpiece Popeye. I hope your helper is helped by her meditation........Thursday night into yesterday was fraught. 91.6 yo MIL had a mini stroke, probably Wednesday night. Laying on bedroom floor for 24 hrs since last checked. Hitched on bum to phone relative in Wales to let Julie know she had "fallen":arghh: Ambulance called, off to Hospital, checked and home in time for Friday tea. She is a tough one - breast cancer survivor (took Julie's elder sister tragically early), widowed for >40 years, new knee and both hips replaced x2. She may consider not driving now. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Popeye says Miaow...
Says his mistress had a good meditation and he chilled out also...

MIL is doing really well. Glad she is okay now...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a fine start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of spiced chicken clucked in at 5.6 this am

Off out today - mystery tour as we have not decided yet where we will off to. Have to deliver the girl in the bubble back to her parents first - she had a sleep over while the grown ups went out for dinner with friends. Mr Pickle is still here - for a skinny 11 year old he can pack food away like he was in a national eating competition - he snacks, bit like Mrs Miggins - small portions - often. Did anyone get in special food for the game tonight - I got some wasabe and bonito flakes and a Tuscan chicken liver corostini.

Art bit - another bit of ink on a Rizla+ paper. All the best to those who like to sing “It’s coming home” - and those who pass. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-7-11_8-6-46.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a fine start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of spiced chicken clucked in at 5.6 this am

Off out today - mystery tour as we have not decided yet where we will off to. Have to deliver the girl in the bubble back to her parents first - she had a sleep over while the grown ups went out for dinner with friends. Mr Pickle is still here - for a skinny 11 year old he can pack food away like he was in a national eating competition - he snacks, bit like Mrs Miggins - small portions - often. Did anyone get in special food for the game tonight - I got some wasabe and bonito flakes and a Tuscan chicken liver corostini.

Art bit - another bit of ink on a Rizla+ paper. All the best to those who like to sing “It’s coming home” - and those who pass. Time for koffy.

View attachment 50385
I like this Rizla series of paintings very much @dunelm ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a pleasant Forest Heath (not Valley) Sunday. Azure sky - hopefully not an omen, surely not a double sporting celebration in Italy? My firebreak is going well. Simply divine strawberries (Cambridgeshire, naturally) and cherries yesterday, darlings. I do pine for the days of yore with ad libitum eating of fruit from the tree, bush or plant. I often had a few bites then fed the chickens. Wonderful montage there @gennepher. Enjoy Oxburgh Hall @Krystyna23040 - essential sausage roll for Mr K please. @dunelm your cup runneth over with two grandchildren staying over - from here it does seem like God's blessing but others have a perfect right to doubt that. Yesterday Julie scoured the internet looking for tech to allow MIL to remain as independent as possible but discreetly surveilled. AI - Alexa- and alarm pendant/bracelet winging their way to FH. MIL coming for Sunday Lunch - chicken roast in a bag since I can't abide a dry breast:angelic: This may also figure in my choice. On the protein theme I ordered some chocolate caramel ones of these to up my protein game without vast quantities of fish, chicken and whey protein. Thanks for all the good wishes for MIL - she just appears to think it was all a fuss over nothing. Sweet Caroline day is my fervent desire. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1 at 1am
Been awake since then. No problems, just been awake. So read, researched, and photographed. Didn't feel like painting this morning, hands a bit wobbly. I think my hands need a sleep!
I was sitting on my thatched swing reading my iPad when I looked up and less than a metre in front of me were these sparrows feeding. They were not fazed by me being there. So, very slowly I put iPad down, reached slowly for my phone (holding up large iPad to take photos would have caused the sparrows to flee). Made sure my hand was covering the back of my phone camera (it is black, and that causes the birds to flee also, but not my pink hand), and took loads photos and videos!

View attachment 50384
Smashing opportunity for some close up shots, Popeye, you are missing the show.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a pleasant Forest Heath (not Valley) Sunday. Azure sky - hopefully not an omen, surely not a double sporting celebration in Italy? My firebreak is going well. Simply divine strawberries (Cambridgeshire, naturally) and cherries yesterday, darlings. I do pine for the days of yore with ad libitum eating of fruit from the tree, bush or plant. I often had a few bites then fed the chickens. Wonderful montage there @gennepher. Enjoy Oxburgh Hall @Krystyna23040 - essential sausage roll for Mr K please. @dunelm your cup runneth over with two grandchildren staying over - from here it does seem like God's blessing but others have a perfect right to doubt that. Yesterday Julie scoured the internet looking for tech to allow MIL to remain as independent as possible but discreetly surveilled. AI - Alexa- and alarm pendant/bracelet winging their way to FH. MIL coming for Sunday Lunch - chicken roast in a bag since I can't abide a dry breast:angelic: This may also figure in my choice. On the protein theme I ordered some chocolate caramel ones of these to up my protein game without vast quantities of fish, chicken and whey protein. Thanks for all the good wishes for MIL - she just appears to think it was all a fuss over nothing. Sweet Caroline day is my fervent desire. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
I detest dry chicken - usually marinade before roasting - a bag sounds ideal. I like to poach in broth.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are sports fans, enjoy your day. Mrs J has booked her seat, polished her remote control and later this morning will be writing a list of beverages and snacks with the times they are to be delivered to her throne.

A cheese fuelled 7.2 this morning, no shame in that.

Shortly I will getting my motor running, heading out on the highway, looking for adventure and hopefully heading away.

Not being a foot the ball fan and am uncertain as whether I watch the game or not, me and me's would like to see the result in England's favour.

Now I shall depart this thread, the open road and vegan bacon sarnies beckon.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
That is such a shame. It definitely makes it feel much worse knowing that 2 days later you could have attended.
It's the first family get together since the first lockdown, all my siblings will be there and my children and grandchildren. My Father esp, is in frail health and who knows if there will be another anniversary.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are sports fans, enjoy your day. Mrs J has booked her seat, polished her remote control and later this morning will be writing a list of beverages and snacks with the times they are to be delivered to her throne.

A cheese fuelled 7.2 this morning, no shame in that.

Shortly I will getting my motor running, heading out on the highway, looking for adventure and hopefully heading away.

Not being a foot the ball fan and am uncertain as whether I watch the game or not, me and me's would like to see the result in England's favour.

Now I shall depart this thread, the open road and vegan bacon sarnies beckon.
If anyone was ever born to be wild it was surely @alf_Josiah. I grow ever more in awe of the cut of Mrs AJ's gib. What a lej.

Reactions: gennepher

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Again no FGB, was focussed on weight and simply forgot.
My weight is up 52.6 kg, have been binging on carbs and this 2k gain in is the result.
Errant has lost 10g and is now 4.2kg.
His reward? Meany me will now further reduce his food, poor cat :clown:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Win lose or draw the direction of travel is staring us in the face. I'm done now.
#Notquitedone: What he said :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Wonder if he'll do a John Terry and kit up to be on pitch...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And Patel..<spit>

How dare she :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK to Seamus Kane & the boys tonight

No matter the result, THEY will ALL be winners once this is over :)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sauntered around the local Sainsbury's whilst I'm off the LC reservation. Still very mindful of my LC needs and wokeness. Interesting experience among normies. Hopefully, mask wearing is a godsend for hiding my facial expression at some trollies. Vegan chicken gravy with garlic and thyme (matches the chicken in the bag today) - lower carb than granules and woke.:) 0% wife beater (Stella for those not ITK) - how does that work?.;) Parmesan and garlic twists at 2.5 gms carb per twist.:) Dinky individual Malbec bottle to calm the roast baby beetroot and vine tomatoes which I adore - no wasted wine.:woot::woot: Has taken 16 months but local Sainsbury's is starting to partially work - no love for their meat or fish though. No meat. fish or deli counter like W.....se. Local butcher's window :arghh:

Last edited: