What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are sports fans, enjoy your day. Mrs J has booked her seat, polished her remote control and later this morning will be writing a list of beverages and snacks with the times they are to be delivered to her throne.

A cheese fuelled 7.2 this morning, no shame in that.

Shortly I will getting my motor running, heading out on the highway, looking for adventure and hopefully heading away.

Not being a foot the ball fan and am uncertain as whether I watch the game or not, me and me's would like to see the result in England's favour.

Now I shall depart this thread, the open road and vegan bacon sarnies beckon.

Enjoy the day, @alf_Josiah ..looks like a good one

Only one song gets first run through my head on a summer's day run out.....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonder if he'll do a John Terry and kit up yo collect Medal.....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And Patel..<spit>

How dare she :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK to Seamus Kane & the boys tonight

No matter the result, THEY will ALL be winners once this is over :)
Seamus Kane.:hilarious: Incontinence pad needed:angelic:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just one more battle.
In the The JOHNSON HUNGER GAMES
Wally on Fire ll.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-at-boris-johnsons-plan-for-covid-freedom-day
Read that earlier. 50%? he'll take that as a win. More than enough to win a GE. He is patently not a harmless wally despite the carefully choreographed Schtick. Pray like Billyo for Gen Z. A popular Boomer anthem was won't get fooled again. Really? Wislon, Snatcher and Bunter :arghh: When will they ever learn? is far more appropriate. YMMV, obviously - but I'd get thee to Specsavers asap if so,

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
- essential sausage roll for Mr K please.
Mr K did have his sausage roll and the dogs had a doggy ice cream each. I had never bought them one before and wasn't sure if they would like them - but they definitely did.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the first family get together since the first lockdown, all my siblings will be there and my children and grandchildren. My Father esp, is in frail health and who knows if there will be another anniversary.
That is so sad and feels really unfair.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sauntered around the local Sainsbury's whilst I'm off the LC reservation. Still very mindful of my LC needs and wokeness. Interesting experience among normies. Hopefully, mask wearing is a godsend for hiding my facial expression at some trollies. Vegan chicken gravy with garlic and thyme (matches the chicken in the bag today) - lower carb than granules and woke.:) 0% wife beater (Stella for those not ITK) - how does that work?.;) Parmesan and garlic twists at 2.5 gms carb per twist.:) Dinky individual Malbec bottle to calm the roast baby beetroot and vine tomatoes which I adore - no wasted wine.:woot::woot: Has taken 16 months but local Sainsbury's is starting to partially work - no love for their meat or fish though. No meat. fish or deli counter like W.....se. Local butcher's window :arghh:
Vegan chicken gravy - and with garlic and thyme - saving the planet is it. If we went canibal and ate one vegan a week we could reduce our carbon footprint 100% each week - make sure they weight the same as you though or it all goes wrong, the govt will not honor their pledges and will then revert to coal powered windmills and offshore flatulence wave power.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet dawn after the storm in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and yet more fish came in at 5.0 this am

BBD (British Broadcasting Dummies) weather twits promised rain again yesterday - so of course, out we went - no rain - how unusual. Over the Whitby for koffy with one of my cousins in their camper. Took them into Sandsend for lunch in a nice tree lined pub garden - we get to see each other so infrequently so it was great to catch up. They are off to Northumberland today where another cousin has a pub in the fishing village of Craster. Happy days. Not sure about today. I will be removing the top box rack from my bike. Old age and uncooperative joints makes getting on and off the bike a bit of a challenge these days - so tried with top box removed - mmh! Nearly. If I remove the rack then that might work. I have expandable side panniers so still OK for traveling with clean socks an hankies.

Art bit - was practicing some dry into wet and showing my grandson how you can blow ink off a brush - so this just emerged. Have a wonderful day if you can, commiserations to the Southgate team. Koffy time.

upload_2021-7-12_6-42-46.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 6.8
We visited some new friends yesterday afternoon. After a short walk we all sat down at the table for nibbles. Stayed there for several hours, so kept on having a little bit more of this and that. There were some LC options, but not many. Real English sausages, plus smoked trout, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices, bowl of nuts and one of chopped fruit. Then there were delicious little choux stuffed with goats cheese...And the local farm butter had to be tasted on a slice of artisan baguette. Might buy some of that butter, more expensive than supermarket off, but local. Wine too and coffee. We didn't need dinner, although I did have a chunk of cheese.
It's raining AGAIN. Our new 1000litre tank installed late on Thursday is now overflowing. Weather site warns of possible flash floods. I dare not go into the loft to see how much water is up there, it's so stressful, when it's not possible to do anything to stop it.
Some days staying in bed seems the best option - but there is a cat to feed.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.30am FBG 6.8
We visited some new friends yesterday afternoon. After a short walk we all sat down at the table for nibbles. Stayed there for several hours, so kept on having a little bit more of this and that. There were some LC options, but not many. Real English sausages, plus smoked trout, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices, bowl of nuts and one of chopped fruit. Then there were delicious little choux stuffed with goats cheese...And the local farm butter had to be tasted on a slice of artisan baguette. Might buy some of that butter, more expensive than supermarket off, but local. Wine too and coffee. We didn't need dinner, although I did have a chunk of cheese.
It's raining AGAIN. Our new 1000litre tank installed late on Thursday is now overflowing. Weather site warns of possible flash floods. I dare not go into the loft to see how much water is up there, it's so stressful, when it's not possible to do anything to stop it.
Some days staying in bed seems the best option - but there is a cat to feed.
A mixed day - hooray for the visit with new friends but sad to read about the water coming in - hope the weather picks up for.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. No dog walk this morning as it is really raining heavily. All my food and drink for the day is packed and ready to go into the cool box. Actually, it will be lovely to relax and drink another coffee and finish reading Friday's newspaper before driving off to Norwich.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
A mixed day - hooray for the visit with new friends but sad to read about the water coming in - hope the weather picks up for.
We have an expert booked to reroof the front of the house. But earliest he could fit us in is November, so the indoor waterfall is here for a few more months.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lachrymose start here in Forest Heath as if it were a silent elegy for three very young men. Thoughts and prayers with them and their family plus happiness for Italians who suffered so badly with COVID in 2020. Firebreak continues but I'm back on the reservation after a carbfest yesterday. Slept like a log and resting pulse wonderful. I need to apologise to unknown trolley guiders for any judgements I may have made. It isn't for me to judge them and there (really, really) but for the Grace of God go I. A quick skim of my spreadsheet for 2015 reminds me - leaving comments re food was an inspired move. Image1 is July 16 post prandial 7.1! - came down to 4.6 PP by evening meal - comment 2. Sainsbury's cook in the bag chicken, veggies then trifle pleased MIL I weighed 100 gms trifle for myself at the table - bizarro or what? The chicken is several notches below the W.....se stock brined version imho - the -£2 doesn't compensate. I'm still awaiting a printout of full blood count before ploughing on with a menu and supplements - tedious but vital imho. The Duchess should keep the shirt for the Word Cup Derek - wonderful to hear Songbird though. Hug for the weather and stress @SlimLizzy. The family meet up sounds tickety boo @dunelm. Take care chums.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-12 08.09.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-12 08.09.39.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2021-07-12 08.12.07.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-12 08.12.07.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who home covid test regularly, at least the testing kits are free.

A steam driven, sliderule and log table provoking 4.7 to calculate my insulin dosage this morning. The most reliable tool for this monumental task is tea bag reading in my Welsh mug.

At long last the tennis and foot the ball is over, Mrs J will be returning the remote control to its storage cupboard, me and me's hope. I would like to guess the sporty fans and media will revert to their favourite past time of bashing " bumbling Boris the Beast ".
Here in Tilehurst Towers the day is an unknown, a little bill paying is on the agenda, the big bills will have to wait, everything else is up for grabs.

Please have a good day as much as you possibly can and this afternoons government briefing should be interesting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very quiet dawn after the storm in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and yet more fish came in at 5.0 this am

BBD (British Broadcasting Dummies) weather twits promised rain again yesterday - so of course, out we went - no rain - how unusual. Over the Whitby for koffy with one of my cousins in their camper. Took them into Sandsend for lunch in a nice tree lined pub garden - we get to see each other so infrequently so it was great to catch up. They are off to Northumberland today where another cousin has a pub in the fishing village of Craster. Happy days. Not sure about today. I will be removing the top box rack from my bike. Old age and uncooperative joints makes getting on and off the bike a bit of a challenge these days - so tried with top box removed - mmh! Nearly. If I remove the rack then that might work. I have expandable side panniers so still OK for traveling with clean socks an hankies.

Art bit - was practicing some dry into wet and showing my grandson how you can blow ink off a brush - so this just emerged. Have a wonderful day if you can, commiserations to the Southgate team. Koffy time.

View attachment 50403
Love this experimenting @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

A collage photo this morning of Popeye in my garden, and some garden vegetation!

93660737-7173-4FB0-809F-3BEADFD5DBDC.jpeg