What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The usual gallon or so of coffee this morning, then a toasted SLC roll with scrambled eggs and chilli sauerkraut.
Meal 2 was kobi Kheema. This is a great dish if you only have a cabbage and some mince - which seems to happen with surprising frequency here. Choc chia pud.
@Annb hugs for the tooth extraction, how’s your mouth now @Antje77 ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
how’s your mouth now @Antje77 ?
The mouth doesn't want to be talked about, it's still angry with me for having the dentist do his thing with it. :grumpy:
Diabetes agrees with the mouth, so I'm even more happy than usual to not live in a country where you have to pay for your insulin.

I tried to repair the rabbit pen today but I had to give up, mouth didn't agree. So I'll have to put up with visitors in the bathroom for a bit longer, thankfully they don't seem to mind, and they make for good conversation while doing your thing! :)

On topic: Made very nice food yesterday, not sure if it's a thick soup or a thin stew, and it's enough to last me for today and maybe tomorrow as well. It's one of my no-I-don't-want-to-go-shopping concoctions again: Onions, bell pepper, a tomato, cubed cucumber, chopped up chorizo sausages, can of tomatoes, lots of garlic and a chilli pepper. And some cream cheese and some leftover grated cheese. Some herbs and spices too, loosely based on pasta sauce without the pasta :hungry:.

217605464_10223919000917241_2155354252164451027_n.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 scrambled eggs for breakfast with a chunk of manchego cheese

Late morning one real sugar millionaires bite. Omg it tasted so cheap the chocolate was foul and the caramel grainy . I didnt go back for seconds...maybe I have lost my sweet tooth finally after all

Lunch , chunks of cheddar and manchego, lots of almonds

Mid afternoon at a garden party do, resisted all temptation, in fact I wasn't even tempted (arriving full helped but even so I just looked at most of it with disinterest) Help, is this the real MrsA talking, who's abducted her?

Evening, still not hungry so just a glass of wine as its Saturday

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner: Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by DGF lemon and ginger cake with cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - I'm glad thoughts of head banging cheered you. Son is still laughing about it.
Thursday - bed 7 7 FBG 6.6

Had eldest grandson with me today. Younger one remained at home - still acting up! He was very helpful today.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing
D. 2 small pork loin chops with spinach, mix of peas/corn/broccoli. Oppo and a few strawberries.

Friday - bed 7 5 FBF 7 1

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with last of coronation chicken.
L. Nothing - at said DIY store and had to order said shelves. They're not coming until end of August! Picked up eldest grandson again who wanted a few hours "peace" from little brother!
D. One of Iceland's wild shrimp things with chilli and tomato. I added spinach, 2 or 3 mushrooms and 4 santini tomatoes, cauliflower rice, red curry.
Whey Hey salted caramel ice cream.

Still very humid.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today, Saturday bed 7.4 FBG 6.8. A day of up and down with BGs. Rose to 8 3 then dropped in the space of a hour to 4 7. I don't think humidity agrees with me.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Off to Costco with son then shopping. Roads are chaotic what with road works and cyclists travelling in herds taking up the entire road. Took an age!
D. Had to have another hot dog. Usual ketchup, mustard, soft and crispy onion. Coleslaw and a bit avocado on the side. Grenade Ice cream bar.
Getting concerned - local Tesco was very low on Grenade ice cream bars.

@Antje77 & @Annb - hope your gums are recovering from the dental treatment.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 scrambled eggs for breakfast with a chunk of manchego cheese

Late morning one real sugar millionaires bite. Omg it tasted so cheap the chocolate was foul and the caramel grainy . I didnt go back for seconds...maybe I have lost my sweet tooth finally after all

Lunch , chunks of cheddar and manchego, lots of almonds

Mid afternoon at a garden party do, resisted all temptation, in fact I wasn't even tempted (arriving full helped but even so I just looked at most of it with disinterest) Help, is this the real MrsA talking, who's abducted her?

Evening, still not hungry so just a glass of wine as its Saturday

Very brave to try the real millionaires shortbread but I’m happy for you that it didn’t taste good. Do you know how it affected your BG?
Hope the migraines have stopped now.

Reactions: MrsA2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - I'm glad thoughts of head banging cheered you. Son is still laughing about it.
Thursday - bed 7 7 FBG 6.6

Had eldest grandson with me today. Younger one remained at home - still acting up! He was very helpful today.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing
D. 2 small pork loin chops with spinach, mix of peas/corn/broccoli. Oppo and a few strawberries.

Friday - bed 7 5 FBF 7 1

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with last of coronation chicken.
L. Nothing - at said DIY store and had to order said shelves. They're not coming until end of August! Picked up eldest grandson again who wanted a few hours "peace" from little brother!
D. One of Iceland's wild shrimp things with chilli and tomato. I added spinach, 2 or 3 mushrooms and 4 santini tomatoes, cauliflower rice, red curry.
Whey Hey salted caramel ice cream.

Still very humid.

I’m so cross with myself; Paul went into town today and I meant to ask him to pop into Iceland for more of the wild shrimp things. I’ve been fancying one for a couple of weeks now.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and eggs, half a small tin of baked beans for breakfast.
Chicken wings with a spicy dip sauce, half a mandarin for lunch.
Corned flat brisket, veggies for dinner,

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a very disjointed day yesterday due to circumstances and being busy:

Breakfast was a cocoa peanut protein ball and overnight hemp oats
Lunch was a ham and egg salad with extra eggs and mustard mayo, plus a Grenade Carb Killa bar
Dinner was early and had taco chicken without the tacos, another Carb Killa bar and protein yoghurt (had done so much running around, I was starving - first time in ages since going LC) and then a piece of KFC chicken later when girlfriend was hungry later in the evening.

Within my calories and carbs but still felt naughty.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Last evening, due to sore mouth and hunger, I had half a dozen 85% chocolate buttons (bought for cooking but not cooking chocolate). Tasted OK at the time, but oh boy, horrible after effects. Couldn't get rid of the sugary taste staying in my throat and repeating from my stomach. Gads!

Can't use the bottom plate the dentist made for me - my gums are still too sore, but have managed to get the top one in, although still uncomfortable. Just making bacon and eggs and hope I will be able to eat it.

Chicken soup later in the day - only the stock made so far, but cutting vegetables shouldn't be too onerous.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m so cross with myself; Paul went into town today and I meant to ask him to pop into Iceland for more of the wild shrimp things. I’ve been fancying one for a couple of weeks now.
I always keep at least 1 in my freezer. They are so tasty. Although I must confess the hot dogs, thanks to SLC, are moving up my favourites list!

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very brave to try the real millionaires shortbread but I’m happy for you that it didn’t taste good. Do you know how it affected your BG?
Hope the migraines have stopped now.
No I didn't check my bg, but don't worry the taste was so awful I won't be tempted again
Once I'd let the migraines happen rather than trying to stop it, I seem to have been OK. I slept in a dark room, off and on, for 12 hours

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; home made granola and hi lo toast with butter
Lunch: bacon sandwich on a SLC roll, alpen jaffa cake flavoured bar
Tea: olives, cheese, salami and a couple of low carb crackers. Strawberries, raspberries and cream. A few Montezuma dark buttons.
14/ 10 fasting re commencing after a week off due to managing to fall down stairs (no drink involved) and badly bruising most of my back! Felt so sorry for myself (never mind sore) that I couldn't be bothered to stick to it.

On the plus side a very successful foraging trip to Sainsburys resulting in 9 loaves of hi lo bread now in my freezer:happy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1st meal was bacon, eggs and mushrooms.
2nd meal- roast rib of beef, swede mashed with butter and white pepper, cauli cheese, broccoli stalks and aubergine roasted in the beef fat.
Made a low carb rhubarb crumble to follow, wasn’t entirely successful in the looks department but tasted nice. Crumble made with ground almonds, butter, a few flaked almonds and sesame seeds. Served with double cream.
Probably far too much wine but it’ll be tea for the rest of the evening now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.2 FBG 6.2

Quick trip to recycling with cardboard and scrap metal (time to discard some well worn oven trays). Otherwise I started a deep clean - getting into nooks and crannies type deep clean since I'm stuck without the larder shelves. Got a fabulous glass cleaner from Lakeland. Will certainly buy it again.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Nothing - too engrossed with sonic scrubbing!
D. Beef stroganoff (Rick Stein recipe) and celeriac chips. Whey Hey ice cream and raspberries. Usual campari and soda and I indulged in a glass of prosecco.

@Annb - hope you feel better today.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Tea back at the ILs after missing two weeks due the Rachox household having Covid: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B1: ff greek with seeds and one flat peach
Bg after 2 hours 7.9
B2 : chunk of cheese and the good 3/4 of an avocado
L: a nut bar
Afternoon preparing for visitors so too many tastes of things