What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm biased as I was born in Cambridge and the maternal side of my family are Cantabridgians. We have stayed out of the major parts of Cambridge since Feb 2020. Too long. I quite like Bury St Edmunds and Ely which have a similar "feel" on a smaller scale.
Yes, I agree that they do have a similar feel. Actually, there are parts of Norwich that are also lovely - so Julie should enjoy her visit.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cooler start here at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of lamb chops with even more lamb chops came in at 5.1 this am

Back playing up yesterday so it was gobble down some pain relief and up and out to walk it off. Reward of a decent koffy at a cafe. Still more than the usual niggle so will take more happy pills in a bit. Skulls - lots of talk about skulls on the box - single and double - but pronounced scull. Are you learning Kanji? Will you drag in a bit of hiragana and katakana? Fiji wining rubgy 7’s - fabulous. GB women’s team off to a good start. Little Miss Pamplemouse and the Ninky Nonks should be here about noon, what fun.

Art bit - noodle doodle add a boat. Have a great day if you can - trap shooting - save our traps. Koffy time

upload_2021-7-29_7-34-35.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, we've all made it to another Thursday. Anglo-American black bin day, yee-haw push 'em cowselfdefined. Swipey proclaimed that it rather liked the look and feel of a cheeky little 4.7 number. Did nothing for me but hey nonny nonny. Absolutely stunning sunset @lindisfel - very Vicar of Dibley (series 1 episode 4); hug for the back @dunelm but they sure breed 'em tough in't Norf. @Krystyna23040 a treasure trove of goodies - so well deserved - and still Stabbington is unmoved:woot: @gennepher I hope the home baked? treats go well for you. We've had six years of heartache, time, money and wasted ingredients so I just pay up and order in these days. Enjoy your day. We are in charge of a far too cute gel who is soon to be a big sister. Mrs P may well spoil that boy - not me you understand.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a cooler start here at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of lamb chops with even more lamb chops came in at 5.1 this am

Back playing up yesterday so it was gobble down some pain relief and up and out to walk it off. Reward of a decent koffy at a cafe. Still more than the usual niggle so will take more happy pills in a bit. Skulls - lots of talk about skulls on the box - single and double - but pronounced scull. Are you learning Kanji? Will you drag in a bit of hiragana and katakana? Fiji wining rubgy 7’s - fabulous. GB women’s team off to a good start. Little Miss Pamplemouse and the Ninky Nonks should be here about noon, what fun.

Art bit - noodle doodle add a boat. Have a great day if you can - trap shooting - save our traps. Koffy time

View attachment 50633
A great mountainous landscape @dunelm
I love the treatment of the mountains...

I hope your back improves quickly...
A few of these might help...

t118002.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, we've all made it to another Thursday. Anglo-American black bin day, yee-haw push 'em cowselfdefined. Swipey proclaimed that it rather liked the look and feel of a cheeky little 4.7 number. Did nothing for me but hey nonny nonny. Absolutely stunning sunset @lindisfel - very Vicar of Dibley (series 1 episode 4); hug for the back @dunelm but they sure breed 'em tough in't Norf. @Krystyna23040 a treasure trove of goodies - so well deserved - and still Stabbington is unmoved:woot: @gennepher I hope the home baked? treats go well for you. We've had six years of heartache, time, money and wasted ingredients so I just pay up and order in these days. Enjoy your day. We are in charge of a far too cute gel who is soon to be a big sister. Mrs P may well spoil that boy - not me you understand.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Some ingredients I wanted were not in my local co-op this morning, shelves were one third empty, only one member of staff on duty loading the shelves with more food colouring than anyone could possibly want to buy...and dealing with the till...and I saw two people walk out without paying for their goods as far as I could see and they walked past both self service till and manned till. I looked at the guy at the manned till, and he just shrugged his shoulders and looked away...

I think the Apocalypse is much nearer than we realise...

Now to check out Amazon...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1

Trying to do a shop this morning. Noticed Asda was blocked off at the lights so you couldn't drive in. But no notices explaining anything. It was disconcerting. I don't use Asda anyway. The co-op had only one guy on duty, filling shelves and manning the till...

The shelves were a third empty with notices of promises that they were very sorry and they were doing their best to obtain supplies, but it was beyond their control. A very big lack of selection as well. But all the food colouring you could possibly need for the rest of your life....

There were two self service tills but they were out of action, and I saw two people walk out without paying for their goods as far as I could see and they walked past both self service tills (not working) and manned till. I looked at the guy at the manned till, and he just shrugged his shoulders and looked away...

EDIT to add this paragraph...
There is normally a security guard at the door, at least one stacker, and one person for the till. But maybe the NHS track and trace app had said all the other staff had to isolate, and this poor guy was manning the boat single handedly to keep the co-op open and running. I said some nice words to him, but he was a gruff individual, although I think I managed to leave him with a smile on his face. It was hard to tell with a mask on. But his eyes crinkled at the corners.

I think my mind went awol and I just had to get home...

Fell asleep for a couple of hours.

Woke up. The world doesn't seem any improved. So posting this before I do a Sleeping Beauty...can I wake up when all this is over?

I need to be put on The Matrix where everyone is having good dreams, dreaming their lives away...

But instead, I get the apocalypse..

From Popeye who has more positivity than I...

6BB2570C-8795-40AA-861D-4ED8E344DE61.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs
Some ingredients I wanted were not in my local co-op this morning, shelves were one third empty, only one member of staff on duty loading the shelves with more food colouring than anyone could possibly want to buy...and dealing with the till...and I saw two people walk out without paying for their goods as far as I could see and they walked past both self service till and manned till. I looked at the guy at the manned till, and he just shrugged his shoulders and looked away...

I think the Apocalypse is much nearer than we realise...

Now to check out Amazon...
That sounds a deflating experience. Co-op? R Turpin Esq more apt. The post office hereabouts is in said store and I needed proof of posting to return two mobiles. I thought I would acquire some spring onions whilst there. £1 a bunch and none too inviting. The only real car park in this town is Sainsbury's so as I was parked there I looked in - 37p and D J spiffing.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Marjorie was telling me today that locally, mothers are going without food so they can feed their children!
What kind of Country are we living in when a wealthy Western democracy allows children and mothers to go without?
Obviously its the time when those of us who can, need to step up to the plate.
D,

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Marjorie was telling me today that locally, mothers are going without food so they can feed their children!
What kind of Country are we living in when a wealthy Western democracy allows children and mothers to go without?
Obviously its the time when those of us who can, need to step up to the plate.
D,
Best summation of the current regime I have come across is performative cruelty. Trump was a master of this. Wooster's target audience is a subset of Torygraph readers. They swear blind that group prefer to spend money on anything other than feeding their children. Top exponent, manoeuvring to replace Wooster, is Pritti. Be afraid, be very afraid if she gives a good conference speech this year. She makes Wooster look competent.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds a deflating experience. Co-op? R Turpin Esq more apt. The post office hereabouts is in said store and I needed proof of posting to return two mobiles. I thought I would acquire some spring onions whilst there. £1 a bunch and none too inviting. The main car park in this town is Sainsbury's so as I was parked there I looked in - 37 p and D J spiffing.

It was very demoralising @ianpspurs and I felt so deflated as you put it.

I am still using my spring onions from last year's experiment.
They just carried on growing with no aid from me, and are very usable.
And the ginger grew too.
And so did the potatoes. They are taking over half of the front garden, like an expanding potato field. Just from potato eyes... I did decide last year they raised my blood sugars, but this year it is okay to have a baked potato early in the day with cheese.
Oh and the badger took all my seeds, when I accidentally left them on the swing one night, and opened every pack and scattered them somewhere in my garden, and I am having all these peas and bean pods developing in the garden and I snap a few pods and crunch them whole.
And I have raspberries which I can eat now...and apples soon.
All this stuff takes care of itself, with no maintenance from me.

I think I need some more plants like this. Must look in my Food for Free book.

It is really good and useful your car park is in one one place and it's easy to access other stores.

There is too much driving from place to place here, and the getting in and out of the car tires me out. I have been sleeping since I got back this morning.

I think I am just coming to. My brain is waking up...I am watching those therapeutic birds with a cuppa...

You have a good rest of the day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, new mobile up and running. Chromebook newly restrored and old one functioning. Techy guy from around the corner solved the issue. Just me spavined and beyond economic repair.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another exciting day here at the little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of strange tapas like dishes for nibbling on and children playing until it got dark came in at 5.4 this am
Not a great deal of free space at the moment as there are tiny chicks moving about with their mouths open; toast and cereals have already been mentioned and questions about how do you make slime and can we go swimming and can we get our scooters out of the shed?

art bit - some scenery - have a wild day, can I have koffy?

upload_2021-7-30_6-14-40.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Last night when I drove home from work there was an absolutely stunning sunset. Not so nice this morning. Very damp but dogs still say they want to go for a walk.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another exciting day here at the little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of strange tapas like dishes for nibbling on and children playing until it got dark came in at 5.4 this am
Not a great deal of free space at the moment as there are tiny chicks moving about with their mouths open; toast and cereals have already been mentioned and questions about how do you make slime and can we go swimming and can we get our scooters out of the shed?

art bit - some scenery - have a wild day, can I have koffy?

View attachment 50642

I love this painting @dunelm, just like yesterday's. It has a clean look. Would you please tell me what media you used eg Procreate/actual paper. Thank you