What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: cafe cooked scrambled egg, mushrooms, bacon, tinned tomato. Absolutely tasteless, sadly
D: low carb/carnivores delight at a restaurant chain called Pesto, mainly in North and Midlands I think. Billed as tapas sized small Italian dishes, the meat section had belly pork, lamb ribs, beef meatballs, 4 chicken dishes etc, about 10 or 12 choices in all. And the portions weren't small either, 2 chicken thighs per serving for example.
Very stuffed now.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today was day 4 of spicy mixed veggies (green beans, onion, snow peas, cucumber) with black bean and garlic sauce, some marinated and oven baked pork belly strips, peanut sauce and a fried egg,
The last portion was rather small so I added a chopped chiory before reheating the vegies, gave an interesting bitter tang to the meal :)

Wish me luck for tomorrow, neighbours invited me to share Chinese take-away. I might prepare some cauliflower rice to go with it to make things easier or I might not, but either way diabetes will be hard work tomorrow.
Not sure if it's my appreciating my neighbour inviting me or my love of Chinese take-away, but either reason makes it impossible to decline the invitation.

set-in-stone

Not sure if it's my appreciating my neighbour inviting me or my love of Chinese take-away, but either reason makes it impossible to decline the invitation.[/QUOTE]

Both sound like valid reasons :) Good luck and let us know how it went.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Two egg omelette, Actimel and a coffee

Lunch: Steak and Cheese salad with lite mayo from Subway and a Grenade Killa bar for lunch

Dinner: Had a "monster burger" from the local pub whilst away (Pork burger, chicken goujons, onion rings, corn on the cob, coleslaw with some mozzarella and camembert whilst also treating myself to half a portion of chips.

Evening snack to take my tablet with was a protein ball. Well under carbs and calories, plus just short of 12,000 steps

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and eggs.
2nd meal: peas, green beans, onion and small chunks of ham in a double cream sauce. Finished with a very thin slice of honeydew melon.
Lots of tea, trying to keep hunger at bay - not very successfully. BG at 9.2 on its way up! Probably shan't make it through the day without something more to quell the hunger pangs.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee alternating with fizzy water all morning
Meal 1 around 12:30 was sliced Turkey breast with h/m coleslaw. Stewed rhubarb and the last of the Fage yoghurt.
Meal 2 at 6pm was a pile ( about 5) airfried chicken drumsticks, buttered broccoli and another dollop of wasabi Mayo. Followed it with choc chia pud.
Bought Alpro Coconut yoghurt today, only 2.3 carbs/100g but I didn’t like it much - a very artificial taste. Back to Fage next time.
@Antje77 good luck tomorrow, it’s a tricky one to navigate but it sounds like it’ll be fun.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 good luck tomorrow, it’s a tricky one to navigate but it sounds like it’ll be fun.
So far so good. Food started an hour and a half ago, currently sitting at around 6 and that's without making cauliflower rice.
Let's see what the next couple of hours will bring...
I'm rather hoping I overdid the insulin, as I saved the pisang goreng (deep fried banana in dough :wideyed:) in case of a hypo.

Promise I'll go back to sensible food again tomorrow!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No am still having slice of Hilo toast because if I dont my FBG just continues to rise and also it gets me through the morning.

Glad to hear you haven’t given it up, I know how much you enjoy it. I just didn’t spot it in your last days post.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and raspberry chia pudding.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF rhubarb jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and sausages, eggs, tomatoes for breakfast.
Ham and salad roll, black coffee while getting a 500 ml bag of iron infused at the oncology unit for lunch.
Pork chops, veggies and gravy for dinner.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After last night's meat feast, I fasted until 12, and walked dog up and down hills for 2 hours. She wasn't amused.
L: some bits on little gem lettuce leaves. 2 bites hubbies cake.
Mid afternoon an ice cream. Regretted it
D: pub mixed grill of small steak, pork chop, gammon, chicken, sausage, half a tomato and peas. They seemed surprised when I said to hold the chips and onion rings!. Bought about a 3rd home for the dog to make up for walking her too far this morning
Must remember to test bg in the morning to see results

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: omelette
Lunch: low carb wrap with ham, salad and coleslaw with a Peperami and Grenade Killa bar
Dinner: small portion of cottage pie, broccoli and then a supper later of some doner meat (no sauces), strawberry jelly and a protein ball.

About 76g carbs short of my "total" on top of the near 20,000 steps!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
Brekkie today my usual slice HiLo toast, butter, lots of tea.
Lunch will be an unknown as I have hairdressing appointment at lunchtime and eating lunch late running into supper doesnt work out but I seem unable to fast through to evening so maybe I will snaffle something in the car on the way there. Supper tonight is chicken chorizo stirfry with red pepper and paprika, cauli rice for me.
Yesterday was strange topsy turvy routine so had 2pm lunch of rollitos and coffee.
Evening was chilli meatballs with leftover tenderstem broccoli.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with cauli rice followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC vanilla and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast.
Long hilly dog walk
L: Bits of cheese on lettuce
More walking as we did a stately home, inside and out
D: frittata with side salad, some cold sausage and nuts. Glass of red. 2 bites of hubbys pud with cream

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast but I did repeat my cappuccino experiment. Never again! Very rapid rise in BG to 8.6 good thing I like black coffee these days.
Lunch was Turkey breast slices, cottage cheese and chilli sauerkraut in little gem lettuce leaves. Stewed rhubarb with some of the Alpro coconut yoghurt. It was a lot better with the rhubarb than on its own.
Dinner was scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado followed by a lc cupcake and sliced strawberry.
this is my Libre graph today, guess when I had the cappuccino
IMG_1628104807.297032.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What a nice surprise!

I wasn't in the mood for cooking today, so I decided on a very easy, quick, and rather uninspired meal, and it turned out to be absolutely delicious!
Will put in my CMT tomorrow, if I don't forget.

Boiled an egg because my mum taught me to always have an egg with spinach, not sure why though.
Fried an onion and garlic for a bit before adding spinach and the little bags of flavourings from a pack of noodle soup.
Fried garlicky shrimps from the freezer (Lidl, I didn't add any ingredients).
Added a generous spoonful of cheap cream cheese to the spinach.

That's all, and it's now my favourite spinach dish! :D

231269394_10224020881264186_7425429196663289771_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small steak, eggs and fried up leftover veggies for breakfast.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches for lunch.
Red Rooster whole chicken and veggies gravy for dinner for a change.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Omelette with a dark chocolate rice cake

Lunch: half a tin of chicken soup with a Gluten Free, High Protein wrap followed by a Grenade Killa bar

Dinner: Homemade Chicken Curry, with a Fibre One bar and a sugar free jelly