What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a calm Forest Heath on Anglo American bins day, yee haw &c. Swipeyless and Stabington now feels barbaric so no idea of fbg but my menu is nearly always copied from a template I have analysed, stabbed or swiped endless times. Hug for the scooter @jjraak and bearing in mind the ankles incident I can imagine Lauren's mindset at the news. Add in the clownshoe on the tube and the cold, being in the 6s is a top performance. Super artwork again @geefull - I can sense the calm your art brings. @Krystyna23040 stunning fbg - PE? - and I hope the dogs look amazing post grooming. @dunelm what the ? does propellers in the sky mean? I struggled with "hit's the spot" for ages before asking what it meant. Why not say it was ok? We can easily be a nation divided by a (not so) common language. Anyone else use shinbozzler for a really short haircut or lawn? :arghh: Warm weather, Ho, ho, ho lympics and Test Match. Shorts, pool slides and salad - I'll make it through today. Take it easy brethren.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another day on the spinning ball of randomness here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of home made low carb bread bacon and cheese toastie with an egg on top came in at 5.4 this am.

A pleasant walk through the park and then along the beach yesterday in the sunshine, late breakfast in a cafe overlooking the sea and then a bit of shopping. Grandson came over in the afternoon - staying over. He has county football matches - yesterday and today - some sort of tournament.

Art bit - fantasy on Roseberry Topping. Hope you all have a great day. Koffy time.

View attachment 50712

Love this Raspberry Topping painting @dunelm
A great sense of distance...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I was out in the garden at dawn communing with my little Robin. He is literally a fluffball with the tiniest of tails. He looks no bigger than a wren, which is why I thought initially he was a wren hidden in the bushes where I could see him. But then I saw his fluffy red breast. So, I concluded he must be a young Robin in his first moult. But I still think he looks like a wren with a fluffy red breast.

He kept teasing me, flying within a hands length of my face as he flew from the bushes at one side of the path to the other. The sparrows do this to me too as I stand in the garden. The sparrows are squabbling this morning. The longtailedtit is feeding off the suet balls, however one slight movement from me and the longtailedtits vanish.

So a dawn photo sans Robin....he had flown to the bush barely a metre away from me.

Take care, coffee and the ice maker are calling me...

AD6BACBB-D18C-4673-B028-C8710BDB42A4.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I was out in the garden at dawn communing with my little Robin. He is literally a fluffball with the tiniest of tails. He looks no bigger than a wren, which is why I thought initially he was a wren hidden in the bushes where I could see him. But then I saw his fluffy red breast. So, I concluded he must be a young Robin in his first moult. But I still think he looks like a wren with a fluffy red breast.

He kept teasing me, flying within a hands length of my face as he flew from the bushes at one side of the path to the other. The sparrows do this to me too as I stand in the garden. The sparrows are squabbling this morning. The longtailedtit is feeding off the suet balls, however one slight movement from me and the longtailedtits vanish.

So a dawn photo sans Robin....he had flown to the bush barely a metre away from me.

View attachment 50713
Your morning quiet time in the garden sounds so much like meditation or prayer @gennepher. Quite inspirational how you have created a little spot of Eden for yourself. I also admire your photography skills. I hope the fybro is not disturbing the tranquillity that post and photo convey.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your morning quiet time in the garden sounds so much like meditation or prayer @gennepher. Quite inspirational how you have created a little spot of Eden for yourself. I also admire your photography skills. I hope the fybro is not disturbing the tranquillity that post and photo convey.
Hi @ianpspurs
You are right, it is.
The fibro is more or less gone for this time, thanks. Just a few twinges.
Thanks for the compliments.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a calm Forest Heath on Anglo American bins day, yee haw &c. Swipeyless and Stabington now feels barbaric so no idea of fbg but my menu is nearly always copied from a template I have analysed, stabbed or swiped endless times. Hug for the scooter @jjraak and bearing in mind the ankles incident I can imagine Lauren's mindset at the news. Add in the clownshoe on the tube and the cold, being in the 6s is a top performance. Super artwork again @geefull - I can sense the calm your art brings. @Krystyna23040 stunning fbg - PE? - and I hope the dogs look amazing post grooming. @dunelm what the ? does propellers in the sky mean? I struggled with "hit's the spot" for ages before asking what it meant. Why not say it was ok? We can easily be a nation divided by a (not so) common language. Anyone else use shinbozzler for a really short haircut or lawn? :arghh: Warm weather, Ho, ho, ho lympics and Test Match. Shorts, pool slides and salad - I'll make it through today. Take it easy brethren.
Propellers in a clear blue sky - the myth that the BMW logo depicts spinning propellers in a clear blue sky.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

View attachment 50713
Beautiful start to the day

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Propellers in a clear blue sky - the myth that the BMW logo depicts spinning propellers in a clear blue sky.
Thanks. I was thinking it was a reference to some kind of cloud formation only you guys oop norf understood. When I googled it referred to BMW logo. Rejected that as too simple. Cut myself on Occam's razor there.:banghead:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks. I was thinking it was a reference to some kind of cloud formation only you guys oop norf understood. When I googled it referred to BMW logo. Rejected that as too simple. Cut myself on Occam's razor there.:banghead:
Get away, Ian, your too sharp to cut yourself.
Friend at Lincoln had a ticket for Trent Bridge and was going on train but thought it unwise due to Covid. Had met someone else from our class at school and he had Covid recently after much earlier double jab.
He deemed the train and crush for the bar at Trent Bridge unwise, I guess after that collapse yesterday he would feel it was very wise.
D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Just finished my garden 2000 for the day and it certainly feels like a change is in the air. I doubt it will still be dry by evening.
Make the best of the day guys!
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.3 this morning.

My day started at 6:30 am and it's only now that I can tear myself away from my hedonistic lifestyle and find time to post on this thread.

Still no news on the arrival of my brand new surrogate granddaughter. Just what is her mother playing at?

@ianpspurs in answer to your question about woodworking, the answer is as much as I can, when circumstances allow.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay safe and stay apart. Enjoy what is left of today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a a pleasant garden watering morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of garlic butter chicken with a heap of sautéed cabbage, onion and pea thing mixed with mint and coriander and lashings of gravy came in at 5.4 this am

Another quite warm day yesterday so kept under the trees in the park for a brisk stroll and then a slow meander down the beach - a bit repetitive I know but it gets us out. Mr Pickle’s team won this weeks footy tournament - another one next week. It’s good that sporting activities are put on over the school holidays.

Bit of a dilemma yesterday - when do you stop and put your brushes down? A bit of dry into wet on rice paper and then fiddled about with it - you choose. Have a Fabulous Friday. Koffy is on the go.

upload_2021-8-6_6-43-42.jpeg

upload_2021-8-6_6-43-27.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Was dreading the blood test this morning as yesterday, when we got home from my classes we sat and watched the news. Mr K started eating walnuts and I realised I was really hungry and tucked into the cashews and Montezuma 100%. I rarely do this because previous to the PE diet eating that late would result in fbs in the high 6s.

I was really tired yesterday and we decided it was safer if Mr K drove me to work in Norwich and picked me up in the evening. I was so pleased he did because the rain was torrential on the way home. .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from Forest Heath where the weather and dark evenings are quite autumnal far too early. No fbg but my menu and the timings thereof hardly budge. Changing that situation remains an aspiration provided Swipey and scales don't take fright. I began managing my T2 eating a much more varied diet, full of optimism. The man who embraced LCHF and was optimistic for the long term doesn't live here anymore. All efforts to trace him seem to have drawn a blank so far. Since today is the remembrance of the Transfiguration one never knows, he may yet be found. @dunelm same is good and both pieces of art are wonderful. I prefer a splash of colour but I'm no guide to good taste. @Krystyna23040 great news that the PE method seems to allow some treats yet still give a great fbg. Hug for the tiredness. A new Swipey will be affixed then I really should make an effort to experiment yet again before autumn and winter. Salmon salad on Friday will remain sacrosanct. Tea and Ho, ho, ho lympics next.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Shhhh, got to quick and quiet this Morening, the grandchildren are imminent, they will be here in wet Tilehurst Towers for a sleep over.
New surrogate granddaughter arrived yesterday, typical female.....late. I don't have the details yet.

A straight 7 this morning, not good, not bad either.
Must go and start the day, with a koffy mug in hand.
Belarus paf child's play, you try living under the watchful all seeing eye of Mrs J.

Stay safe.