What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi. 6.4. Will I ever b lower??? Where do I click to add this rather than a reply? I’m new here. X

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 which has been about average for the week so far. WiFi and phone signal very hit and miss up here so I haven’t been able to check in very often. Journey up on Saturday took 10hr, I’m already dreading the trip back so although I love the Lakes I think next year we’ll stay in Cornwall.

Hugs for the journey, looks like you had a similar experience to us - you probably did some driving on the same road as we were on the other day. A1 around Scotch Corner. Crazy busy. Hope you have managed to climb a few mountains and had some chill time. Up for a day visit to the family campsite at Pooley Bridge on Saturday. Hope the weather holds off.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. 6.4. Will I ever b lower??? Where do I click to add this rather than a reply? I’m new here. X
Keep on going on and you will get there it just takes time. Make sure you ask lots of questions on the forum regarding what to eat and if you have seen the diabetic nurse lately and she has recommended things like brown bread, brown rice, sweet potatoes, porridge and the like, be careful! - test first. They are certainly no good for my bloods, especially the porridge!

Reactions: DJC3

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Keep on going on and you will get there it just takes time. Make sure you ask lots of questions on the forum regarding what to eat and if you have seen the diabetic nurse lately and she has recommended things like brown bread, brown rice, sweet potatoes, porridge and the like, be careful! - test first. They are certainly no good for my bloods, especially the porridge!
Just had bacon, egg, baked beans and 1 slice of burgen; Was 8.2 2 hrs after. Do you think the bread or the beans? X.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Thanks. X

Reactions: Ryhia

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just had bacon, egg, baked beans and 1 slice of burgen; Was 8.2 2 hrs after. Do you think the bread or the beans? X.
A slice of Burgan Linseed and Soya - about 11 grams of carbohydrates
!/2 tin of Heinz Baked Beans - about 30 grams of carbohydrates

I think the beans were the worst culprit but the bread would also raise your blood sugar
If you must have one or the other maybe a 1/2 slice of the bread with the bacon and eggs.

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A slice of Burgan Linseed and Soya - about 11 grams of carbohydrates
!/2 tin of Heinz Baked Beans - about 30 grams of carbohydrates

I think the beans were the worst culprit but the bread would also raise your blood sugar
If you must have one or the other maybe a 1/2 slice of the bread with the bacon and eggs.

Our local Sainsbury’s have stopped selling Burgen bread. I’ll have to find an alternative !

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.1 ! Wow, I haven’t had this since MARCH! I’ve noticed a compression on my numbers since I stopped eating Sainsburys’s “alternative” to Burgen Bread. I’m back on my SAS of breakfasts: NO fat Cottage Cheese, almonds, yoghurt and Linseed mix. This keeps me going till past 2pm with pork scratchies. Last night floured, shallow fried Turkey stakes with an immense, fennel, artichoke and avocado salad.