What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 on Swipey at 2.57 rising to 4.9 by 4.11 after 2 huge mugs of tea. Woken by phone call from the service that monitors 91 yo MIL for falls etc. Julie rushed round to find MIL wide awake and shocked to see her. Have a great day.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand? I've been given 4 likes to my morning number, which has risen one whole point over yesterday. Is it that this signifies something good happening to me, hence the "likes"? For my money, I do not like an increase over yesterday. Confused . . . ?

Sorry about that was half asleep, changed it to a hug :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1 this morning after an 18 hour fast after two course lunch yesterday. Was expecting better. @ianpspurs hug for rude awakening but glad all was ok.

Reactions: mojo37

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Disappointing 7.0 this morning. No real reason why or at least nothing I can think of.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 6AM with an overnight average of 6.0. No fasting yesterday too but we walked well over 15K steps during the course of the day.

I am beginning to think hot / warm weather is not great for diabetics... generally elevated BG levels all around.

Will be fasting today though.

Have a great start of the week everyone.:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 at 6AM with an overnight average of 6.0. No fasting yesterday too but we walked well over 15K steps during the course of the day.

I am beginning to think hot / warm weather is not great for diabetics... generally elevated BG levels all around.

Will be fasting today though.

Have a great start of the week everyone.:)
i am the opposite nutribolt i drop like a stone in the warmer weather despite reducing insulin x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs
@karen8967

Was a bit uncomfortable at that level but once I had some breakfast and included a small amount of carb I felt better.:)

Then I got a call from the doctor to inform me that he was changing my antibiotic again which was a bit of a drag. :(

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Sorry about that was half asleep, changed it to a hug :)

Could also be that the only response that seems available in the App is a Like rather than all the others.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Could also be that the only response that seems available in the App is a Like rather than all the others.
Yup, there’s that too. Time for an update, methinks? However I was thinking that a “like” was a support for that number for me. Difficult.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a terrible night last night, woke up at 6.6. :(

Took till this evening to get back into the 5s.