ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm once again having a bad reaction to maximum metformin. I was hoping for more weight loss but I think I need to accept the maximum dose doesn't work for me any more.
I weighed 3lb more due to swollen tummy from the 2000mg metformin dose. So I will reduce back to 1500mg and see what happens but I was ill for 2 days from 2000mg dose.
I'll still weigh-in on Friday.
Well done to all fighters for weight change. :) :) :)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
79.9 (up .6kg over the last two weeks) Been a bit all over the place with Covid lock-down but back on track now

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
43.1 I am on my way down the shower drain :banghead:
Carol

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
75.4kg
So gone down, but week away certainly did have an impact. Easier to put weight on than off!

No worries, going down, still okay BMI. Can't complain

Reactions: 1970clea

Dandelade

2 pounds lost this week so my first full stone lost and 13 stone 7pounds now, woop woop!

It feels like the hardest won 2 pounds ever with odd liver behaviour, blood sugar lows and highs this week. Fingers crossed for a less dramatic one pound and no swinging bloods sugar this week!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back up to 14 stone, maybe my body starting to find its weight level :). Still need to lose half a stone but looking good for just 3 months

Reactions: LindaManville

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

A straight 14st 0lb this morning, me and me's think that's down a little from last week.
It would be nice to weigh 13st 7lb by Christmas, but I'm not going to go on a diet, just cut down slightly and slowly, but first me and me's have to survive a very naughty takeaway tonight :)

Reactions: LindaManville

SwissT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
93.5 kg this morning that 's a loss of 10kg in the 5 weeks since diagnosis. Exercising, staying away from the carbs and stopping alcohol completely. 2g of Metformin a day probably helps too. Weight loss seems to be slowing to a more healthy rate of 1kg per week. Next target tis 84kg (25BMI) and then maybe 75kg (what I weighted in my twenties). Good luck everyone.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I've not weighed myself since my diabetic review two days ago but their scales said 62 point 'something' kilo's .. which she WAS going to convert for me but forgot. I tried to work it out via google but I don't know what the 'something' bit was :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I weighed 95kgs this morning but it was without diuretic early enough to make a difference.

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Everyone looks like they've done well..
I've maintained my weight this week,
No change.

Reactions: Dandelade

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
2 pounds lost this week so my first full stone lost and 13 stone 7pounds now, woop woop!

It feels like the hardest won 2 pounds ever with odd liver behaviour, blood sugar lows and highs this week. Fingers crossed for a less dramatic one pound and no swinging bloods sugar this week!
@Dandelade Well done for losing a whole stone.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Surprised to find that I'm 137 pounds on my new scales this morning! I thought that I'd overeaten as I tried Cauliflower Mash yesterday and could only manage half as I was so full. By the way if you've never made this then you are missing a treat!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Again no weight for either of us this week.
Errant was uncooperative and I was unusually impatient with him.
Probably because I have been ill this week.
Had a very high temperature, spent several days in bed, eating very little. Still not recovered appetite. Now on 14 days antibiotics, with further tests for efficacy after 10 days. Which might mean another course of different antibiotics.
Did manage a covid test, NEGATIVE.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Again no weight for either of us this week.
Errant was uncooperative and I was unusually impatient with him.
Probably because I have been ill this week.
Had a very high temperature, spent several days in bed, eating very little. Still not recovered appetite. Now on 14 days antibiotics, with further tests for efficacy after 10 days. Which might mean another course of different antibiotics.
Did manage a covid test, NEGATIVE.
Get well soon x