What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, this is now the second attempt and final attempt at posting today, up date....now 3rd attempt and final again.

6.4 this morning.

Now giving up and going to find a brick wall to bang my head against, beware falling bricks.
Hi Alf,
Have you had your letter from the NHS telling you to book a third jab? Its from the same stable as the letters about shielding! Its a good job the N.H.S has our backs even if our surgery does not. I had an email from them early thursday morning so I have got my jab tomorrow.
Atb
D.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
It is not to be recommend having a rare beer, Doom Bar, then taking your blood sugars, but an interesting marker. Now I wonder what tomorrow's reading will be?
The occasion? Someone did me a big favour and asked if I would cook them a full on roast in return, but Mrs J threw me and me's out of the kitchen and is cooking a full on roast. Therefore we are sitting outside just about to eat, making the last of this September weather.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. We were listening to Radio 4 for longer than usual today so didn't get up quite as early as we normally would. So it is one mad dash to get ready for work before taking the dogs out.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Weird increase in Covid in low populated N.W. Cumbria. 663 per 100,000 about the highest in the Country where as London is low. I don't think they they have sussed this pandemic yet.

The year rolls on, Pink-footed Geese from Iceland passing over going southwest through out the day here yesterday and elsewhere in West Cumbria. The passage must total many thousands for the day.

D.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. In summary, today will be summery. I'm orf to this with No 3 son and his two children (Julie is poorly) Young Henry Grafton needs the cash (£53 for 2 adults and 2 kids - 8 week old still needs to pay) and I fancy seeing my 2 yo granddaughter clay pigeon shooting:angelic:. No 1 son is working there. My fbg was 4.7 so getting there. Whilst there we'll surreptitiously bag the odd vial of this stuff. I'll save some for selected forumites. Y'all take care now.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a pleasant start in the great resort of Scarborough here in the kiss me quick hat and pass the candy floss north.
The wonder wheel of a pretty reasonable curry last night came home to roost at 5.5 this am

Scarborough - brings back memorise of childhood. It’s where we came with our grandparents for a week during the summer holidays and where grandad watched the cricket. We are staying in a very nice B&B - 5 out of the 8 available rooms. No idea when the wedding begins but I shall just tag along with those in control; Mrs Miggins and daughter. I can already smell the waft of breakfast cooking so best get myself ready and grab some diggers.

Some sort of flower this morning, painted yesterday. Hope everyone has a splendid Saturday. Wonder if they do proper koffy?

upload_2021-9-25_8-10-12.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. In summary, today will be summery. I'm orf to this with No 3 son and his two children (Julie is poorly) Young Henry Grafton needs the cash (£53 for 2 adults and 2 kids - 8 week old still needs to pay) and I fancy seeing my 2 yo granddaughter clay pigeon shooting:angelic:. No 1 son is working there. My fbg was 4.7 so getting there. Whilst there we'll surreptitiously bag the odd vial of this stuff. I'll save some for selected forumites. Y'all take care now.
Nanobodies - whatever next

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nanobodies - whatever next
Enjoy the wedding. Scarborough Festival for't cricket seems to ring a bell. My grandfather used to frequent Gt Yarmouth for horse racing and lawn bowls. From memory late season once late plums - Warwickshire droopers/Laxton croppers- and pears were picked.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! I miss going to events @ianpspurs
Have a good day.
Enjoy it!

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a pleasant start in the great resort of Scarborough here in the kiss me quick hat and pass the candy floss north.
The wonder wheel of a pretty reasonable curry last night came home to roost at 5.5 this am

Scarborough - brings back memorise of childhood. It’s where we came with our grandparents for a week during the summer holidays and where grandad watched the cricket. We are staying in a very nice B&B - 5 out of the 8 available rooms. No idea when the wedding begins but I shall just tag along with those in control; Mrs Miggins and daughter. I can already smell the waft of breakfast cooking so best get myself ready and grab some diggers.

Some sort of flower this morning, painted yesterday. Hope everyone has a splendid Saturday. Wonder if they do proper koffy?

View attachment 51292
Breakfast smells good @dunelm
I am still loving these washing up liquid paintings. I look forward to seeing them...
Enjoy the day.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, cricket, the insect, fans and all in need of some tender love and care, may your woes subside and you make a swift return to whatever passes for normality.

After yesterday's full on roast a very perplexing 4.8, yes I can't work it out either, never mind one or all of me and me's must just roll with the punches.

Now
Hi Alf,
Have you had your letter from the NHS telling you to book a third jab? Its from the same stable as the letters about shielding! Its a good job the N.H.S has our backs even if our surgery does not. I had an email from them early thursday morning so I have got my jab tomorrow.
Atb
D.
Very interesting, thanks for the heads up.
The short answer is no, but let's just say not yet.
My GP pracice is a large one, but the particular doctor who I have been assigned I named Doctor Death, needless to say I refuse to see this doctor.
The expression wouldn't urinate on them if they suffered from spontaneous combustion sums up my thoughts.

Enough of this, have a great day all, stay safe, stay well and stay apart.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Great news that changing to the new pot of test strips solved the problem.
Don't understand why though as have been using that pot for about two weeks before starting to get strange results.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I am such a wimp.
It only takes one small thing to have me losing focus and reaching for the biscuits.
This time it is a mouse in a kitchen cupboard. After emptying it and cleaning up the mess, relocating much of the stuff and checking all the other base units I am exhausted. Kitchen is a mess.
There are mice in the stable, just the other side of the kitchen wall. This is where the rats dug their way in last winter, although we never found the other end of the tunnel.
MrSlim says the unit will probably have to come out. I would like to see at least one of the kick Boards removed now, so Errant can show us where the mouse is coming in. Not much hope of him catching it although you never know- if I leave the cupboard door open tonight...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher country fairs are fun but scary. Ratio of people carrying guns to those wearing masks >200:1. Hundreds of dogs and 20 acre parking field full of 4 x4s - mostly Land Rovers. No masks in food halls - I only saw from the outside 20 metres away - no social distancing. Children's rides with hand sanitiser - largely unused - clear notices asking over 11s to wear masks. 3 ice creams £15:bigtears::bigtears: Came across a new sport which both myself and granddaughters loved - Horseboarding :angelic::angelic::angelic:.- Sky need a channel for that asap. 2 yo just under the height limit for shooting:angelic: Bought a chestnut and Ewe shepherds crook from these guys :woot::woot:

Last edited: