What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
I am such a wimp.
It only takes one small thing to have me losing focus and reaching for the biscuits.
This time it is a mouse in a kitchen cupboard. After emptying it and cleaning up the mess, relocating much of the stuff and checking all the other base units I am exhausted. Kitchen is a mess.
There are mice in the stable, just the other side of the kitchen wall. This is where the rats dug their way in last winter, although we never found the other end of the tunnel.
MrSlim says the unit will probably have to come out. I would like to see at least one of the kick Boards removed now, so Errant can show us where the mouse is coming in. Not much hope of him catching it although you never know- if I leave the cupboard door open tonight...
Don't camp in Norfolk I hear rats are coming up toilets. Marjorie was very reassured and realised there was worse than frogs coming up the downstairs loo.
I doubt they will get up the upstairs loo, it's a macerator!
D.

Reactions: dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
One day I we shall go to Sheringham Park. Big question is, will I need to take pouring cream or even veer orf and find a Starbucks fust? Julie likes good quality sausage rolls. I'mma hoping your recommendation is correct or I dread to think of the years of misery to come. Y'all have a great time, now. You hear me?
Coffee is OK but unfortunately no cream. Mr K says sausage rolls are good.
We did a different walk there today but just as hilly as our usual favourite walk. I don't know why I am always so surprised at just how hilly it is when you go off the main path.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So glad the old traditions aren't dying out ooop norf. Do they even have those positions in real rugby? - (league). Artwork looks spiffing as per. Do you have enough fuel for the homeward journey?
Thanks @ianpspurs we passed three petrol stations on the way home - no queues - and then we passed a Tesco - mucho madness

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't camp in Norfolk I hear rats are coming up toilets. Marjorie was very reassured and realised there was worse than frogs coming up the downstairs loo.
I doubt they will get up the upstairs loo, it's a macerator!
D.
Oh dear - rats and frogs in a macerator - sounds worse than one of those green healthy breakfast blitz things

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Have just had a Nespresso. Sheringham Park coffee is definitely not a as good a Nespresso.
OK. I'll make one here. The Nespresso travel cups are amazing for keeping drinks hot. 90 mins from here. Any idea where the nearest Starbucks is? In an emergency I can live with Costa and cream from a shop.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone from an bright and sunny noon here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of the morning after the wedding slid in at 4.9

Wedding went very well. We thought that it would be ruined until the obligatory punch up began outside the barn. All calmed down, possibly before it even began, by two hefty second row fwds and a flanker, cousins of the bride who sailed through the day and evening like a calm white floating red haired Boudica, smiling and chatting to all her guests. Nice B&B in Scarborough, must give it a good review on trip advisor.

A quick soapy sketch when we got home at about 11am, with lots of ironing between layers to speed it up. Hope you are all having a good day, wonder if there is a glass of white wine around?

View attachment 51311
I like this painting very much @dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
OK. I'll make one here. The Nespresso travel cups are amazing for keeping drinks hot. 90 mins from here. Any idea where the nearest Starbucks is? In an emergency I can live with Costa and cream from a shop.
Actually I don't think that there is a Starbucks in Sheringham or Cromer. The Dales Country House Hotel (which backs onto Sheringham Park) does nice coffee and dogs are welcome.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Derek. Maybe just the fit, eh? Whilst I'm here, who knew? One major flaw with that piece is the very broken link twixt how food was produced in days of yore and what is now available within the budget of most. It ignores the issue of the taste of contemporary food which is inextricably bound up with that. I'm also not sure it green lights fat bombs and all manner of exogenous sat fat beyond that entailed inter alia.
Thank you for posting this very informative and well researched article. It definitely does not green light fat bombs.

I opened the link in the article to a paper on salt. I copied this quote from the paper. 'We contend that current evidence indicates that most people around the world consume a moderate range of dietary sodium (3 to 5 g/day), that this level of intake is associated with the lowest risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality, and that the risk of adverse health outcomes increases when sodium intakes exceeds 5 g/day or is below 3 g/day. '
3g to 5g of sodium is actually 7.5g to 12.5g of salt. Quite a lot higher than the Government's low salt guidelines.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Derek. Maybe just the fit, eh? Whilst I'm here, who knew? One major flaw with that piece is the very broken link twixt how food was produced in days of yore and what is now available within the budget of most. It ignores the issue of the taste of contemporary food which is inextricably bound up with that. I'm also not sure it green lights fat bombs and all manner of exogenous sat fat beyond that entailed inter alia.
good to know as I have loads of dairy, salt and steaks - usually in the form of a steak, seasoned with salt and basted in butter. I also eat two eggs most days. Happy days.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Creative photo this morning...
My Metformin packet of tablets, fartnarkled in Snapseed...
Another cloud covered dreary dull sky this morning ...raining as well...

68EA7120-E7EF-4CE0-8A90-BE1F2CFDDFAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dark and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers and a whopping salad came in at 5.9 this am

Travelled back from the wedding weekend yesterday. Laundry to do and then just pottering about. All the James Grieves now made into apple puree and into the freezer. The Russets are now beginning to fall so they will be picked and pureed this week. Follow up appointment with GP at 11.
Koffy - always a bit hit and miss when staying in hotels and B&B’s so I take my own. I bought a French press koffy flask a couple of years ago - handy in the car also - I got this one: https://kellysthoughtsonthings.com/daily-cuppa-just-got-better/, but there are many available.

Art bit - impressions of flowers, have a marvellous monday. I have just heard that MSM are now turning their attention to turkey shortages so after you queue for an hour for fuel, get yourselves into farm foods and stock up on twizzlers - far easier to chuck in the bin than several frozen turkeys when this seasons panicking calms down. Time for a koffy.

upload_2021-9-27_7-10-46.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dark and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers and a whopping salad came in at 5.9 this am

Travelled back from the wedding weekend yesterday. Laundry to do and then just pottering about. All the James Grieves now made into apple puree and into the freezer. The Russets are now beginning to fall so they will be picked and pureed this week. Follow up appointment with GP at 11.
Koffy - always a bit hit and miss when staying in hotels and B&B’s so I take my own. I bought a French press koffy flask a couple of years ago - handy in the car also - I got this one: https://kellysthoughtsonthings.com/daily-cuppa-just-got-better/, but there are many available.

Art bit - impressions of flowers, have a marvellous monday. I have just heard that MSM are now turning their attention to turkey shortages so after you queue for an hour for fuel, get yourselves into farm foods and stock up on twizzlers - far easier to chuck in the bin than several frozen turkeys when this seasons panicking calms down. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 51321
That looks like a really good Koffy flask. I do like your painting.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Yesterday a Tuesday class Member contacted me to say she became ill on Saturday with mild cold symptoms and a lateral flow test was positive. She then got a PCR test which was also positive.

It looks like Track and Trace are not conceded about us as we stay more than 2metres apart and had the doors and windows open.

On the journey to Sheringham Park I phoned the other members from that class and the Church member who deals with room hire. I have asked that they all do a lateral flow test before coming to the class this Tuesday. They actually immediately did lateral flow tests and all were negative.