What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nursing a nasty chest infection so given up measuring my bloods- they haven’t been great! I’ll be back once fully recovered. Wishing you all well!!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nursing a nasty chest infection so given up measuring my bloods- they haven’t been great! I’ll be back once fully recovered. Wishing you all well!!

Hope you feel better soon, testing BG when you’re not well is always a bit depressing so taking a break is a good plan.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha, take that DP. A respectable 5.4 today. Ok, so Iwoke earlier than usual, after a refreshingly good kip, and moved sharpish before Dawn P noticed I was up and busy.
Not sure I want to repeat the early start every day. I mean, it is autumnal, and hibernation is so me.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, don’t be too sad…. How’s your HBA1Cs doing?
Thanks my A1c is good but I always think that is only half the point as it doesnt catch the peaks and troughs. Though my A1c has stayed steady for 2 years now my FBG hasnt.

Reactions: DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2, into the red and it is all my fault. Went a bit overboard on carbs yesterday by my standards, regret it now but no point grumbling. First time above 7 since 22nd August, but we dust ourselves off and go again

Reactions: Freema and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2, into the red and it is all my fault. Went a bit overboard on carbs yesterday by my standards, regret it now but no point grumbling. First time above 7 since 22nd August, but we dust ourselves off and go again

Great attitude!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.4 - 3 hours later 7.3 Went to bed on a 6.8, this all appears “normal” for me. I’m guessing I’ll get a low 6 or a mid 5 this afternoon.

Have a good Saturday Folkies. Keep dry and warm. (UK).