What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 again this morning.

Edited to add: Just checked again 7.2 at 10:00 :nailbiting: Mind you it was only about an hour after my breakfast of Greek yogurt. Might as well be in for a penny - just having another cup of coffee:)

"Riders on the storm" by The Doors came to mind for some reason.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yo, yo, yo, wah gwaan, everyting criss? as they say here in Breckland. Weird fbg Saturday UK wide it seems but I'm still in shorts and no socks so not all bad. The male bovine excreta link twixt carbs and fbg continues its carnage here. 6.5 via Swipey for 10 gms carb - c'mon wanna buy a bridge? As young @garyclark82, young sparrow me owl, says "we dust ourselves off and go again" just take the readings with a pinch of salt. Avoid other white crystals and powders folks. Please, please, leave those for Ed Sheeran songs and marching Columbians.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.9 well I don't understand that number didn't eat that many carbs yesterday and slept really fine, but did put the heat on yesterday my flat was too cold 16 degrees celcius ... , hope for at better number tomorrow :)have a great sunday everyone :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No point trying to blame others. It is my fault, I am aware of it, and I need to do better. No excuses. As my avatar says, "Keep on keeping on" - it's what we do
Proper Chumbawamba geezer - luv it big man. You're in my team all day long:woot::woot:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fbg 6.3 the day before yesterday, and then 4.9 yesterday and 5.2 today (albeit the lower numbers were very probably due to some wine the night before). Seems as if there might be some liver insulin resistance going on.

Take care everyone and enjoy your Sunday.

Edited for readability.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. I’m pleased with that after more red meat than I’d intended to eat at dinner.
@ziggy_w cheers! Glad you’ve got those good numbers back.

Thanks, @DJC3. It seems the wine that has done this. Unfortunately this may not be a long-term solution, I'm afraid.

Btw, good numbers after the meat-heavy dinner.