What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Best wishes, thoughts and prayers, fingers crossed - whatever you like just hope it is a false alarm or just easily dealt with.
I'm afraid my PCR is positive. Was hoping to avoid Covid, but with the vaccine, let's hope it's just like a cold.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Blood sugars still a bit too high for my liking. Fbg 6.3 yesterday and 6.1 today. Haven't gotten down to the fives at all during the last two days. Hope exercising and moving more in general will pay off soon.

@chani111 -- Welcome to the thread. Looking forward to your posts on here.
@Freema -- Good to see you posting on here again.
@mojo37 -- Excellent fbg yesterday.
@Estragon -- Hugs for the 8.5 and thanks so much for your encouragement. It really is appreciated.
@DJC3 -- Great levels today. Also thanks for your kind words. I agree it's tough to get back to exercising. I'm getting a bit bored with the elliptical trainer and it's so easy to keep postponing exercise for just one more day.
@PenguinMum -- Absolutely brilliant fbg, I am so delighted for you.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid my PCR is positive. Was hoping to avoid Covid, but with the vaccine, let's hope it's just like a cold.

Sorry to read about the positive PCR, @ert. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have the lightest possible form of COVID. Will be thinking of you.

Reactions: DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I’m hoping the same for you. Please get the best medical support you can. This is one nasty virus.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
3.7 today.

Also one of my fingers has turned black and is swollen not the lurgy managed to hit it with a meat mallet yesterday now that does hurt think I may lose the nail.

Last edited:
Reactions: ert and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. So, my fbg could possibly have been the 4.6 Swipey insinuated. However, that's even more irrelevant than normal when set against the issues of @ert and @BrianDoc. @ziggy_w hug for the higher numbers lately but your track record shows that you're a fighter and grafter who knows how to tame the T2 beast. It'll shine when it shines.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looking at your signature," 24 September. HbA1c 87. Type 2 doing Carnivore diet..." Is that this year's result, - surely not? I would have expected your HbA1c to be in the low 30s with FBGs like yours.

i am 4 months into my journey so i have not had my first HbA1c since being diagnosed in may. Hoping for a improvement at end of year :). Changed signature so not so confusing

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I caught it late last year, before the vaccines, the only advice I can offer is get a blood oxygen meter from the likes of boots and monitor your oxygen levels, I ended up in hospital with it and they wouldn’t let me out until my oxygen levels were constantly at 94 or above, I had been at 71 when admitted, so if your levels drop below 94 phone 111. Hopefully you will sail through it as the vast majority seem to.
Really helpful advice. I'm sorry you've had a tough time of it.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.6 this morning. Resting. It's weird not being able to leave the house. But I'm too ill to anyway. And I'm isolating. Have a great day everyone.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967